NEW...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zurgs - taking the fridge for in the room at Disney? That should hold enough bottled water for the entire building for your entire trip!!!

Best wishes for your dad!!

I have been lurking here for many months gleaning lots of great info from your thread. We will be arriving at the Swan and WDW (both for the first time) in four days. A couple of questions for the experts:

1. Is there a separate check-in area for Starwood guests? Is it to the left or right of the main check-in area?

2. We have PS at 8:05 for CP breakfast at MK during an EMH day. What is the best transportation to get there on time?

Thanks for your help.

Hi everyone and thanks for all the kind words and thoughts. My dh is doing well. Gets out of ICU today to a regular room and they will watch him for another couple days and if he stays stable and is a good boy they will send him home. He will have to go back in about a month to have another stent put in another arterey that is 80% blocked. He got in fast enough that there was minimal heart damage, now it just has to heal with rest. So, things are looking up from two days ago. I appreciate your support and come here looking for it, as others do. :grouphug:

golferboy.....welcome. No special desk at the Swan for SPG checkin. But you will be well taken care of. You will take the bus to MK, but the Swan is the first pickup, and then the Dolphin, and sometimes the YC, BC and BW. I would get down there early to be sure you get there on time. I think it depends on the season as to how many stops the busses make. I would get on the bus around 7 if it was me. Others will have more current and first hand info.

Zurgswife.....you will love a new fridge. I got a new stove and fridge a year ago and my energy bill was decreased by a third and has stayed there. I wasn't even thinking about that, but boy was I happy.

By all, I will check in later.:moped:

Just wanted to let everyone know that I was not allowed to have club privileges while staying on another floor at the Swan. I am only Gold though so it may be different if you are platinum. We stayed on the fourth floor. The beds were great but the hall carpeting was filthy and buckling. Clearly they had not replaced that carpeting. It looked as though the hall carpeting on the 2nd floor had been replaced, however.

VERY SOON!

Just came back from a wonderful Breakfast (downstairs), where I had the best Corned beed hash, chocolate chip pancakes and home fries! Yummm....this should hold me through lunch. ^_^

We stayed here this weekend. The entire area surrounding this resort is "ravaged" by fire. Very sad. But, 5% of our payment goes directly to the red cross firefighter's fund! Very nice. The decorations are so festive, and make me in the "MOOD for MERRIMENT!" We have the same corner suite overlooking the lake, and the area is wintery and beautiful. We shopped the Village yesterday, and had a lovely time.
r_resort_pic_clr.jpg

Now...to Knott's MERRY Farm:
xmas.jpg

We are also making two other stops...one at Ripley's Believe it or not!, and one at the Wax Museum. (LOL). We enjoy the time here together, and LOVE this annual tradition. We will stay another night here, and return tomorrow.

*Zwife: Great looking Fridge!! I LOVE my new fridge (a couple of years new)same model...but mine also has ice/water dispenser in the door:
l642.jpg

I'm thinking of adding a couple of these "nifty" fridge drawers too!
s700br.jpg

It's SO true about the energy savings. My old fridge (A die-hard Sears model...we DO LOVE SEARS!), was still running great, just not as energy efficient as the newer models. We had the Good Will pick it up, (donated), along with some other items. You must be VERY excited, it looks gorgeous! :hyper: ENJOY!!! (*Keeping your DF in my thoughts & prayers). WOW...$49 per eve?!? You HAVE to post about this resort when you return. I've heard/read SO much about it, and am EAGER to get an inside scoop from one of our sisters!

Ozzie~Thank goodness thinks are looking better for your DH. MY DF has had his share of heart trouble, but has prevailed nearly 20 years now (past his heart attacks). Modern medicine is wonderful, praise God. Your DH is in good hands now, and has a second chance to extend his life and enjoy the prosperity of his loving family. Both of you are in my prayers, and the Lord's embrace. Take care, and have faith it will all be okay now. Sorry I missed the initial post, (Away on this trip), and read it this a.m.
Wishing you all the best, and your DH a full recovery.

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

It seems like it's been months since I posted - been lurking every now and then but this time of year at work is incredibly busy and I got out of the habit of checking the DIS boards.

And then - after seeing my daughter's finished DVD production of last summer's trip we all got back in the Disney mood, so I thought I'd take a break and try to catch up. I picked a random page just a few pages from the end (I'm at least 20 pages behind) and saw Ozzie's news. My wife lost an uncle several years ago to "heart-attack snow" as we call it around Chicago, and now that I'm over 50 she basically won't let me shovel. I was very glad to read later that things are improving. I just had to take time out to wish you the best and let you know you and your husband are in my prayers.

As long as I'm typing - a bit on topic...
We cancelled our planned Feb trip due to finances (partly ours, but also others that were going with us), but we're planning on going Christmas 2004. After seeing my daughter's DVD production yesterday, my wife and her sister got pretty excited about going (the Swan/Dolphin looked great on the video - especially the grotto pool). By the way, the guys in this group (myself, wife's brother and my SIL's husband) have always been excited about it. Since when is it the guys who are more Disney fans than the women? So all the time my daughter took editing the DVD payed off. If we lose our enthusiam, we'll just pop in the DVD and get it back.

I have to brag a bit - she really did a great job. Much of the background is Disney music she dubbed in. She even has a sort-of bloopers section of funny things that happened (funny to us at least) with the Sorcerer's Apprentice music playing under the normal audio. As the music builds, the cuts get faster and faster. There's a lot of people saying "turn that thing off" one after another after another that when presented that way is actually funny. She's considering some type of communication or media major for college in a couple of years, and I think the choice fits her.

Not sure how much I'll get to post or read back until the end of year madness at work settles down, but all my best to everyone - Lou, Robmax, (any other brothers join in lately?), DF, Disbug. MT, Mom Poppins, Lauren, ZW, jgates, (who am I fogetting? It's been a while. Sorry.) And again my thoughts and prayers to you, Ozzie.

Bill

Ozzie ~ So glad to hear your DH is doing better. I will add my story in as well. My grandfather died of a heart attack at the age of 54 right around Christmas time. Take care :)

WW52 Bill ~ Glad to see you dropped by... I would love to go back to WDW again at Christmas time. Its a wonderful time to visit. I would love to have just a bit of the skills your daughter has. I still have not transferred our tape to video from our last trip to WDW. I have made a promise to do it before we leave and have another one to transfer. :) Is she transferring video to DVD?

Hello to the room :wave: It's nice to see the days peeling away from my countdown clock. :hyper:

:wave2: a wave to the room

ww52~good to hear from you, Bill. As long as you have alternate Disney plans, you can survive the disappointment of a cancelled trip. I love Disney at Christmas and hope to return at that time again someday.

ozzie~ your update sounds good and positive. Make sure he gets his needed rest and is on the road to a speedy recovery.

DF~ I always enjoy reading about your sojourns to Disney and to other destinations. :sunny:

ZW~ I LOVE that refrig. I have seen it advertised and wished it was available when we did a complete kitchen renovation in 1997. My appliances are much too young to consider replacing --- darn it! ;)

I have been counseling my DH on the perils of shoveling snow at his age. He does have a snowblower but he does plow 4 other driveways besides ours. He takes care of our 4 elderly neighbors who live alone. He is such a caring man and they love him for helping them out. However, I worry about him particularly after reading ozzie's post and in today's news a local man who is a DA suffered a heart attack shoveling and died in his driveway. He was only in his mid 50s. :(

On topic: To those heading to the Swan/Dolphin this week - wave to the fish (or is it a mammal?) and swan for me. :tongue:

ww52!:wave2: Good to hear from you! Happy Holidays!

DF99! Have fun at Knott's Merry Farm! Sounds heavenly!

ZW! Love the fridge! What a nice Christmas gift! Hope to see you the 26th at 3 PM! We're supposed to be checking in the 26th instead of the 27th like I originally thought!

MT! Hello... there is some reason you are on my mind, and darn I just can't figure it out! I suppose it will come to me. I keep thinking I owe you a PM or something! Hey... at least I have my tree up! This is a GOOD THING!

MomPN Good to see your countdown clock moving so quickly down! I know it lifts your spirits every time you post!

oz Still thinking and praying for your DH and your special trials just before Christmas...

jgates Hello to you!

To everyone else... much happiness during these wonderous holidays! My DH is in the middle of the Griswald family Christmas decorating contest! I hope he doesn't stay up all night to see if Santa placed a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place sign in our yard!:p

Ozzie I'm so sorry to hear about your dh. Prayers and PD . So glad to hear your husband is on the road to recovery. I know things like this happen so fast as I had a scare with my husband in Aug. All the best to both of you.

poohbear7, lovingthemouse, PartyofSix, hookedup! Please check your email boxes and PM's!

Night'all!

ww52 - my fellow Chicagoan -- good to see your name pop up again.

Ozzie -- was relieved to hear that your dh broke out of the icu, sounds like he is well on his way to getting back to his own bed at home.

MT - waving right back at you.

All is well here, except it is a tad cold out there. I got all of my shopping done today - Hanukkah starts this Friday and I am all ready to go. PotatoHead and I are planning on taking this Friday off to goof around a bit, go work out, have lunch, maybe squeeze in a Hanukkah pedicure. She also has a vision of the two of us entertaining all of the kids at the Hanukkah party by playing Hanukkah songs on guitars. Problem is that I haven't picked up a guitar in over ten years. Should be interesting, especially since I had hand surgery a few years ago and lost the ability to bend my left pinky at the first joint -- which is sort of critical for making many chords on a guitar. This is going to take a bit of practice I think.

Will let you know if I make a fool of myself at the big party on Sunday.

Good night all.

Lauren

Ozzie - I, too, am so sorry to hear of your husband's heart attack but you were quick and saved much more potential damage! Good for you. My husband Roger also had 2 hear attacks on later 99- has 5 stents now and doing very well. The word of caution about shoveling is DON'T ! We invested in a snowblower which he can push- not too strenuous. Usually the girls or I get to it first!!! If you have kids old enough, let them help out. Otherwise, find someone else to help. We will keep you all in our prayers. Caroline

Ozzie - I, too, am so sorry to hear of your husband's heart attack but you were quick and saved much more potential damage! Good for you. My husband Roger also had 2 heart attacks on later 99- has 5 stents now and doing very well. The word of caution about shoveling is DON'T ! We invested in a snowblower which he can push- not too strenuous. Usually the girls or I get to it first!!! If you have kids old enough, let them help out. Otherwise, find someone else to help. We will keep you all in our prayers. Caroline

Evening guys - this is one of those 'I'd really rather be in Disney' nites - freezing rain - 1 to 3 inches of snow on top of it overnite probably. I followed the salt truck home the last 4 miles & made it safely in the driveway. Not too sure about getting out tomorrow!!!

DD missed her 'last' Xmas concert (5th grade). She was sick today - had a BEAUTIFUL burgundy & cream lace dress ($9 St Vinnies last year - one of my mom's finds)- new shoes ($3 WM) etc. She looks like a million bucks in it and never even got to show it off. I'm sure I won't get her to put it on for family!!!

Jgates ~ My 2 middle daughters also missed their Christmas program last week. Both we running a fever and feeling bad on the day of the show... I hope your DD feels better soon. :)

I still need to make some more priority seatings... I got my 40 quick and casual vouchers and some lunch vouchers in the mail yesterday... It really feels like it is getting closer. I cannot wait to find out where my suite will be located.. we had a great view last time of the Epcot fireworks, we were on the 14th. floor.

Zurgswife ~ I hope you have a great time and a Happy 40th Birthday, when is the actual day ? Please find out about renovations while you are there.... I would like to know if the jr. suites are renovated. :confused: Have a wonderful birthday and vacation. :D

Waving to the room :wave:

Hi all! I'm new to the S/D...I actually have ressies at Dolphin Government rate...over our favorite AKL. I would like to try to be more in the "midst" of things...but we are also limited on budget..(new house...car etc) so I could not pass up the rate...we are also driving not flying b/c of $$ this year. My DH and I are worried about not having magic....I told him I would post his concern and see what you all had to say to encourage us that we are making the right decision....also....how about a room location...I'd like to have a great view. Thanks!!!!!

:tongue:

Hi S/D folks!!:wave2:

Ozzie- glad to hear that your dh is on the road to recovery.

In response to the lack of Magic at the Swan and Dolphin, I do not think that you will be disappointed. You will spend the days in the parks enjoying the Magic, dine at the same places you would if staying in a Disney owned hotel and quite frankly, strolling back to your hotel room with the Illuminations fireworks over your shoulder is very magical. Although we stayed at the Yacht Club numerous times, aside from the wake up call done with Disney voices, the hotel stays are not terribly different. (Just more reasonably priced with cast members who are bit more friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter