NEW...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Originally posted by Mouseteacher
madge ` Cute!

Divamom~ Welcome to our humble thread! Good for you on booking the Swan. We stayed there in late July and I didn't think the magic could get any better after our Dolphin stay last summer, but the Swan out did itself and we had an even more magical stay!

Thanks for the Welcome!! I am so excited! I haven't told the kids we are going back yet...6 months is too long to listen to them ask, "When are we going??" :)

Hello everyone - haven't posted for a while, but I lurk around everyday. Your recent sorority formation made me smile. Sounds like a lot of fun. Don't forget to get a secret handshake -- no sorority is worth its salt without one!

Anyway, you may recall that my mom and I were planning to go to the Swan on Sept. 4 pending her health issues. She has a malignant brain tumor that has been progressing in an ugly way. Over the last couple of weeks, she has lost most of her sight. Last week we got good news -- after a cat scan the neurosurgeon thinks it is a cyst causing the vision loss and not her tumor. She is having surgery tomorrow to see if he can drain the cyst and restore some of her sight. She should get out of the hospital by Tuesday and the dr. thinks that if there are no complications she can be on a plane to Orlando on Thursday. If she can go (with or without sight) I am planning on getting her a pal mickey so that she can at least listen to something if she can't see that well.

I know that there is a lot of positive energy on this board -- so if you could think some positive thoughts for mom tomorrow around noon Chicago time, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for the pixie dust.

Here's hoping that I will be posting a trip report to y'all soon.

Joshua4 (aka Lauren)

jgates.....so sorry.......I couldn't remember, but I thought you were the 'car' person! I am in the same boat, as how many "Ozzies" are women? This is a great community though, we all learn from each other.
ladyjayhawk....yes, we are sort of neighbors! We are north of Waterloo, in Glen Carbon/Edwardsville. Glad to hear you are still Rams fans!
Well, off to school.

;) I hear ya, Diva. I remember those days! As a matter of fact, I wish I could keep my trip plans from myself b/c I keep asking when is it going to be time to go?! LOL :p

I drive myself insane... I have AWDWD=Addicted to Walt Disney World Disease(saw this on another thread lol).

Lauren~ I will keep your mom and you in my prayers - here's P and PD for you both *********************************. Keep positive thoughts going - our energy force here on the S/D thread are with you.

Lauren.......mucho pixie dust coming your way!
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
I am sure all will work out......sounds like you are a great daughter!

Lauren: Pixie dust headed your way for you and your family, I hope and pray everything works out ok and you can take the trip you have planned+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ladyjayhawk: We will be at the Dolphin starting Feb. 29th. for 9 nights. We are leaving on Feb. 27th. from Texas. When are you going to be there. Paramount is the best deal I could find on tickets, because of the bonus breakfast feature. Free voucher for every 7 day ticket purchased. Rosa at Paramount was very efficient and got the tickets right out to us.

Well ladies today is my Birthday.... I am getting closer to the big one but today I am 38 Wow! The kiddos decorated the kitchen last night and hubby has steak and fried coconut shrimp planned for dinner and I saw a chocolate cake in the other refridgerator yummy ! Today I am going to eat sugar and carbs, then back to the no carbs tomorrow :D

Disbug: Have a great time with your daughters birthday it sounds like sooooo much fun!

Dreamflight: Please share about the 25th. floor, I have forgotten about this one!

Hello to everyone else....Have a great Thursday everyone :)

Sorority sister wave to all of you :D

Hi There!

new to the thread but I had a question.

I plan on staying at the swan 1 night in Nov using points and $60 for an award night. What type of view should I request and when do I request?

Thanks Cheryl

Happy Birthday MomPoppins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lauren,

I hope that everything works out for your mom and that your family has a lovely trip.

A very merry and happy birthday to you, Mom Poppins!
Your dinner sounds scrumptious - mmmm...coconut shrimp - a personal fav! ;)

cheryl~ e mail your request now - use www.swandolphin.com, click on reservations then on Special Request. A resort view is nice.

Happy Birthday, Mom Poppins!

Disbug – hope your daughter’s party goes well. Also – the logo is looking better each time. I like the mouse ears as the “o”; following another suggestion, maybe you can put the Swan watermarked behind the Sigma, and the Dolphin behind the Delta?

Ozziewags – now I get your screen name. We have a Westie named Lucy; she was named by the breeder before we got her, but so happened that Lucy has been my daughter’s favorite comedienne for many years. (We always have to make a stop at the “shrine” when we are at Universal). Also – we got to see one of her houses in Beverly Hills some years ago – it’s been torn down since then. BB note: Cubs bullpen is not strong enough to end up on top this year, but it’s been quite a turnaround. Despite the rivalry, if the Cubs can’t make it I’d rather see the Cards than the Astros.

Didn’t know about the observation area at the Swan – I recall reading about the one at the Dolphin (that’s the hotel with 20+ floors, for whoever asked.)

Regarding the “piano suite” – MamaT gave us a tour of the suite when we were there a few weeks ago. It’s essentially an apartment. MamaT said it’s about $2000 per night. My wife asked – “how much with the teacher discount?”

Hey – maybe that could be the site of your sorority get together. I’m sure someone plays the piano in your group. (I know in my Catholic grade school days, all the teachers – mostly nuns – knew how to play.)

I think I saw that AP rates are out – maybe there will be a lot of S/D cancellations now?

Hope everyone has a great day.

Bill

woo hoo!!!

if nothing else, I was able to fix my signature. I have no idea what the deal is, but my lap top and the imagestation site do not play nicely together :rolleyes:

yes, Mom Poppins, my youngest is a girl. although she thinks she is Buzz Lightyear this week, LOL...when you have older brothers, what are you gonna do?

Hope you have a fantabulaous birthday!!!

off to read what I miss while I was trying to be technological....

Thanks to everyone that tried to help! {{hugs}}

Hello again, all!

Madge, I hadn't seen the picture in your signaure until just now, those kids are gorgeous! I know what you mean about a brothers' influence on your little girl - my brother is seven years older than I and I always thought I could do ANYTHING he could! (Still do ;) )

I am happy to have posted my new avatar, (Ok, so its my first avatar - but I am so PROUD of this one!!) I must admit, visiting the boards this morning, I sort of "caught the AP FEVER" and thought, just for a moment, about calling to check on availability for the one night I'll be staying at the Dolphin at the end of my family's December trip. BUT then I thought about how all the fab things about the Dolphin - location, staff, deluxe accomodations, magnificent pool, etc., and I decided there wasn't a THING that the other resorts couldn't offer! So I guess I am officially a convert!!! Its good to be here...

Hope all are well out there! Happy b'day MomPoppins... you made me want coconut shrimp for LUNCH!
Caitlin

Madge, I hadn't seen the picture in your signaure until just now, those kids are gorgeous! I know what you mean about a brothers' influence on your little girl - my brother is seven years older than I and I always thought I could do ANYTHING he could! (Still do )

that was the picture I was trying to post yesterday (was that only yesterday :confused: ). it is from last years Not-so Scary Halloween party! The kids wore matching Halloween t-shirts from Target, I wore an orange H'ween top from Old Navy and DH completed our ensemble wearing a simple black polo. We will go for the same look this year, if the stores would hurry up and stock the Halloween aisles, already. Now that it's almost September, I am ready for FALL, vacation or not!

Anna (the baby) will turn two smack-dab in the middle of our trip this year. I can't believe it's been two years, already! Of course, my oldest turn 14 in a few weeks :::gasp:::: where has the time gone??? I have to say that I am thankful for WDW & he Dolphin, mainly because it is a dream taking 3 kids of such varying ages (14, 8, and almost 2)...lots of fun for everyone!

I don't know how much we will play up Anna's birthday, though...she is only 2, after all. We have CRT booked on her birthday, and I plan on getting a birthday button from the Magic Kingdom, and I have a small scrapbook/autograph book that I am going to ask the CMs in the World Showcase sign "Happy Birthday" in their native languages. That really should be enough :) I let the Dolphin know we are celebrating, but I don't expect anything from that end.....

I got the AP itch this morning, too....but not to change my Dolphin reservations....maybe to tinker with the Contemporary nights. That Shades of Green rate is too tought to pass up, though!

;)
My DU agent was unable to get me an AP rate for my upcoming mother daughter trip to CBR. (No moderates were available for my time period except CSR)
I am going to definitely stay at the Dolphin on the nurse rate for $129/nite. I already have my room.
I just feel badly about canceling with my DU agent who has been wonderful. Apparently, you have to go thru the dreamres system which is different.
Unfortunately, money has to rule my decision. It is cheaper a nite to stay at the Dolphin than to pay full price for CBR.
Plus, you all really made me want to stay there. (IF only so I can join the sorority!! :D )

My daughter will be really excited! She really wanted to stay at the Dolphin when she saw pictures.

thanks for all of the help regarding this hotel and for encouraging me to stay there.

Donna
PS DS and I have survived two days of Kindergarten and he loves it! DD has wonderful 4th grade teacher!
And I am staying at the Dolphin!!
All is good in the world!!!

Here's a little TREAT I had "waiting" in our suite when we returned from E-RIDE Night! Yummy....
47b3d609b3127cce8d2054c341180000001610

An evening shot of our HOME away from HOME!
47b3d609b3127cce8d206295c0650000001610

Changing COLOR...
47b3d609b3127cce8d206710014a0000001610

Mainstreet...
47b3d609b3127cce8d20669e415c0000001610

Another Vivid color!
47b3d609b3127cce8d2065e101ba0000001610

Grapefruit cake from the B.D.!
47b3d609b3127cce8d20737b801b0000001610

A "KOI KISS" from Japan!
47b3d609b3127cce8d20712280430000001610

DF ~ great pics - I really started salivating upon seeing the pic of one of my fav desserts - grapefruit cake at the BD. :D

firstmickey~ I'm sure you will love your Dolphin stay. We were converted to S/D lovers last summer after our stay at the Dolphin.

madge~ I knew you could do it! Doesn't it feel good when you accomplish a techie problem? I was going :crazy: last week trying to post the sorority avatar and mouseteacher pic. I thought I was going to fry my brain circuits out! But Disbug and ozzie kept encouraging me not to give up and fed me with more directions.

Just got back from shopping for school clothes with DS. We hit Bob's Store, Kohl's and Target with a stop along the way at Panerra's for lunch. Whew!!! it was a long and expensive afternoon. :D

*********mucho pixie dust and prayers for Lauren's mom!**********
This thread does have very strong energy! It is all directed to you and your mother, now. We are praying for her!

Happy Birthday Mompoppins! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Firstmickey>> stay with the S/D! We have a sorority! How many resorts can say that? LOL

*looking at DF's pics to see if there were any chocolate croissants on the plate*.. Nope! Which means I need to go back and take a picture of the chocolate croissants. Afterwards, of course, I will eat them! Great pictures as always! I need to go back!

I wonder if we can get the piano suite for sorority meetings? Great idea ww52! *LMAO* If MommaT and Thabo are reading this I am sure they are laughing with us at all of our sorority ideas and plans! *waving to the club lounge*

CRC>> See first mickey's comment I wrote above... Don't you want to join a sorority? :) Stay with the S/D!

Disbug>> Hope the party goes well! Remember to sing around the camp fire!

FOUR DAY WEEKEND! *screaming this for all the other teachers on the board* Aren't those just the best words ever? Second week with kids, all is well. Teaching fifth grade is going well, also! I can do this! I even like it!

Mouseteacher>> I will be looking at those items again over the weekend while DH is with the kids, or at least the youngest kid, in the UP. I think I am going to stay home this weekend and just relax!

Sorority wave to all :Pinkbounc
Debbie

;) Hmmmm...a sorority meeting in a $2000 a night "apartment"?! very fitting for us I would say.

I didn't get to meet MamaT and Thabo this trip b/c we opted not to do CL. I wanted to take a peek at the room while we were there but never did. Hopefully, next time we'll have CL.

PARADISE ISLAND, NAUSSAU (ATLANTIS RESORT) Summer 2003!
47b3d609b3127cce8d2c07f480ad0000001610

The Lagoon where we snorkled!
47b3d609b3127cce8d2c07ae80f70000001610

It's QUITE a place!
47b3d609b3127cce8d2c07af01c60000001610

A "NATIVE" of the Island!
47b3d609b3127cce8d2c04b441440000001610

Sheraton Harbor resort "Time share" being showcased inside Atlantis Resort...
47b3d609b3127cce8d2c1b3b015c0000001610

Pic of the Genuine Sheraton Harbor resort...
47b3d609b3127cce8d2c1484417c0000001610

Atrium Lobby view...
47b3d609b3127cce8d2c1e2f41d20000001610

More...to come...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter