NEW...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Thank you #1hockeymom! That was quite a scare and amazed me how quickly the air can go out of your balloon when you're looking the other way! I am going to take deep breaths and ENJOY from here on out!

Suit cases are out (bought a new set on Ebay!), lists are being made, and clothes are starting to be set aside. I think we each get one suitcase to the baby's, 3 (or 4!).. This is almost my favorite time. The fruition of all the planning, the anticipation of what is to come!

Any tips for the trip?

Good morning, everyone!

Disbug, funny you should ask if anyone has tips?! I have been keeping a running list of tips since i got back from our last trip in Jan.! I will list a few that you may be interested in:

1. Secret passage at Tom Sawyers Island- cross bridge and it is the back right corner of the fort. Leads underground to Indian Joes cave. (I've never heard of this!)

2. Voices of Liberty in American Pavillion

3. Four for a Dollar opens for Beauty and the Beast (very funny foursome)

4. LeMimi Roland does funny balloon tricks with kids in France

5. Living Statues have moved to Italy.

6. Italian Charm Braclets sold in Italy. Very cool!

Hows that for starters?! Are you staying at the Swan or Dolphin?

Mouseteacher, I hope you had your anniversary noted on your reservation? I know you leave soon! Exciting times are ahead for you!! I know you will love the Swan!

Muffy

:bounce: JUMPING with excitement...got the suitcase out and will now start organizing my things into the suitcase over the weekend. I am always so afraid I will forget something (is that being anal?) so I try to be methodical in my packing by checking against my list. DH's method is to throw things in at the last minute --- drives me crazy!!! ;)

disbug~ I did read about this meet on the other thread. Unfortunately we leave on Monday the 28th and won't be there for the DIS meet. :(

Muffy ~ I didn't note our anniversary on the reservation b/c it isn't our actual anniversary date so I thought that would be deceiving. Although, we chose dates as close to our anniversary as we could in working with our vacation dates. And, this is the weekend before our anniversary. Perhaps I should mention it while checking in or should I send another e mail request?

Hmmm... need to check out those charm bracelets in Italy. :)

Mouseteacher.........My vote is for two small suitcases, preferably of the carry-on size. I do this for short trips and use a larger zippered book bag(or small beach bag) as my personal bag. I toss my purse, etc. in there.

Disbug - I'm going to stand behind you in the hopes that some of your pixie dust flies my way. I want to take a short trip in September in the worst way. I have found that the more you go to WDW, the more you want to go! :D

ozzie -
A techie question: how many pixels (or mega-pixels) is your digital camera? The quality is outstanding, better than many I've seen. I was unimpressed with the quality of the "affordable" digitial cameras, so I've put off getting one (bought a digital camcorder instead). If I was sure I'd get the quality of your pictures, I'd get one as a family Christmas gift. Great pictures!

Good morning everyone!

Wanted to say thanks to Ozzie for those FANTASTIC pictures! (Not that I needed anything else to get me EXCITED for my upcoming trip... ) but I LOVED seeing them when I logged on this morning!

Mouseteacher, you should definitely check out the Italian charm bracelets. I just received one from my parents for my birthday. I fell IN LOVE with them last March when I was visiting the World. Besides the Italy pav. at Epcot, I believe they are sold in several of the jewlery stores in the parks. And in DTD.

I vote one big suitcase, but I am a notorious "OVER-PACKER!"

Hope you all have a nice day!

Good morning all,
needabreak...don't have any idea why you are seeing red x's. I can see the pics and I think everyone else can. Not sure.

My camera is a Canon S30, 3.2 megapixals. I researched all over and ended up with a camera that several people on the Dis use. We have so many knowledgeable people that read these boards. Go to 'search' and type in what you need to know. I also got tips on taking pics, even bought a small tripod for nightime pics, but couldn't use it because of our locations. I just need more practice! Hmm...sounds like another trip to me!

disbug....my best tip....we went to MK in the morning(a bit later than we wanted to be there, the morning after an e night) and hopped on the train to Splash mtn.(it was about 9:30am), got a fast pass for Splash, walked onto Thunder, twice in a row, rode Splash....took our pic with Brer Bear, then hopped on the train to Toon Town and walked a short back path to Space mtn. Got a fast pass for Space, rode Buzz(a 15 min. wait), got a Mickey Bar, then went on Space mtn. So my tip is to take the train when you get there, not as many people in the back of the park(or on the train) and take it again to save time and feet!
Next tip...be sure to take moleskin with you (and scissors that can cut it). Also take corn pads in case you do get a blister...it takes the pressure off the blister and you can still walk. (best to tape it on, like athletic tape).

fba72077.jpg

Thanks,all, for the suitcase suggestions. I opted for the one big one. Like crc6 I am a notorious overpacker! :)

What charms are on the bracelet? Perhaps that will be my anniversary gift from DH if I drop enough hints. And if that doesn't work, I'll just buy it and let him know he gave it to me for our anniversary! LOL

ozzie~ gotta love that pic of the S/D beach with the Grotto pool in the background.

Hello!! :wave:

These bracelets are the ones I've been mentioning here for the past 2 years! Zoppini, boxing, reflorence, all make these ADORABLE little square charms which FIT onto the bracelet. It's a Stretch bracelet, not at all like the old charm-style bracelets. The bracelet is empty, and you "CUSTOMIZE" it with charms to your liking. Charms begin in the $18 range....and go up to $45 or more. DD bought two more last week in the Italy Pavillion...and spent $68. She bought a "dangle" dolphin, and a WDW aristcat MARIE! She has 5 full bracelets...and is working on her 6th. She has 2 regulars, one all dangle, one miniature, and one jumbo/large. The 6th is regular.

I have one full bracelet...and adore the DISNEY charms! I have a Tigger, two Mickey, a TINK and Love with mouse ears. I just received two more for my BD, one which was FELIX the CAT! I also have Coca-Cola, Ruby Slippers, and many more...(LOL). These are ADDICTING!! Like the PINS....of which I have nearly two-new Lanyards FULL...(can't stop myself). :p

We are having a BLAST here! Yesterday was MGM...and tons of fun & laughs. Today is Epcot future world and then the 8pm LUAU at the POLY!! We are meeting 6 others there (our neighbors) for a Wild time together.

TTFN....it's off into the MAGIC!

* We called 66 to over-ride the A/C, and were informed it could not be done. SO....I called maintenance directly and told them "I KNOW this can be done...and I would prefer the electric eye/motion detector be disabled. He said, "we normally do not do this....but since you KNOW it can be done, and have apparently had it done in the past (which I never said) I'll be right over to "adjust" it for your comfort." Now....it maintains the temperature all the time, without there having to be movement in the room for proper/constant operation. Just wanted you all to know,in case you too are annoyed by this feature! ;) It CAN BE DONE.

Just want to brag that in exactly 30 days, I'll be flying down to Orlando!!!!

God willing, I'll be in flight at this very time!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoping to get a renovated room with an awesome Epcot view!

DF -
Thanks for the A/C override info. I had a feeling they would be reluctant to do it; glad to hear with some insistance it can be done. By the way - someone posted in another thread that making sure the bolt on the door was locked would also orverride it. Do you know if that is true?

DF ~ Thanks for charm bracelet description. I do remember your telling us about it. Now I really am intrigued since it isn't like the old charm bracelets. I will definitely check this out! Just got through telling DH about my need to go to Italy and see the bracelets. :)

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time!! Remember my siggie?? ("Happiness is an Active Countdown!") Check it out NOW!!!:wave: :teeth:

Mouseteacher ~
If I don't pop in again, have a safe and delightful vaca:D !!

Thanks, kimmar. You are very sweet to wish us a happy trip.

I just got the call from Starwood offering 10,000 star points to do the Vistana tour. Unfortunately, our time is so short this trip that I just can't see us doing this.

DF:

Thanks so much for the AC info...we were having visions of constantly having 1 person awake to wave their arms around all night to keep from overheating! :) Hopefully they'll do it for us, too!

There is a jewelry store in MGM that also has the bracelets and charms.

DF...so proud of you....calling maintenance direct and telling them to turn off the sensor. I wouldn't have even thought of that! (obviously) We also turned out a/c way down, so that when it went up, it wasn't that bad. It really only takes a few min. for it to cool everything down. But if you are in more than one room, like DF, it may take longer.

The Vistana Tour wasn't so bad and we will be getting a free night with our 10,000 pts. (Or several nights if staying elsewhere) You can let them know at the last minute so if you get a rainy day you can call them up and spend the morning earning your "free night".

We also tried bring scissors along for the moleskin, but they were confiscated at the airport.

is the Vistana tour? Do they provide transportation?

requirements for a nice trip>>Bring all that stuff we forgot for blisters! We still had a wonderful trip, but hobbling around in the room and walking on the edges of my feet wasn't fun. I am glad the beds were so nicely made, as I fell into them many times! Make sure you check one bag; hide your scissors in there! I should have listened to everyone here, but no, I thought I'd be fine and get no blisters!

I am jealous of everyone who is about to go into the world! Those charm bracelets sound fabulous. I was watching someone "put one together" while sitting on a bench. I was too wiped out to go look for their source! We'll be back. Maybe I can start one at home and add to it.

Great AC information! Ozzie is correct, they didn't take very long at all to cool down to the set temperature, but to not worry about it would be wonderful! Balcony people>> make sure your door is shut ALL the way, not just looks shut, or the climate control will not work at all.

After two gourmet dinners in a row, tonight is chili dog night! LOL Have a great evening everyone!
Debbie

They tell you it takes about an hour. If you don't ask any questions, you might be back at your hotel in 2 hrs. You can go as early as 7-8 am. Yes, they do pick you up in a towncar and even provide things for the kids to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter