NEW...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

mouseteacher......request a balcony on floor 6 or 7. They are above the trees. They were going to move me to 5, but it wasn't high enough for me. Crowds seemed to all be at Magic Kingdom. I couldn't believe how empty the Grotto Pool was. Chairs everywhere, every afternoon. The other parks didn't seem too crowded at all. We didn't even have to use fast pass that much. I think a lot of people were at BB and TL. Very hot.

hockeymom.......we also took the duvet and comforter off at night. You can hear that click of the sensor, then the air comes on. I liked Palio's(had the lobster/tortellini, but dd said her's wasn't done and I couldn't get her to send it back). Shula's was incredible! We also ate at Jiko's, Brown Derby, Tepanyaki, Rain Forest, Pecos Bill's, had a Mickey Bar and a Dole whip! Some things you just have to do. A few places we didn't go because dh and ds weren't with us and it just wasn't the same!(Sci Fi, and Cali Gr....their favs)

Muffy.....your new Dell will probably be just fine. DD has a wireless cable connection, which doesn't workat the Swan, and her dial up modem card needed an adapter, which she had, but it was too small. Just be sure to check before you go. Someone told me that the plug was huge; I just didn't know too much about laptops and where they plug in. I thought about running out to buy an adapter that would fit, but didn't. And the car trip... you are right...a long way...1000 miles each way. We thought we had all this time and had planned to go to Key West, but dd got a call from a company in St. Louis the day before we left and had to get back for an interview Wed. But at least we got a nice vacation and it will be great if she finally gets a job in her field. (and doesn't have to live off her parents forever)!

thessaly......don't get too upset about the sensor...it won't ruin your trip. I was only kidding about the arm thing....it happened one night by accident and I heard the sensor click on! Also, I am always hot! You get to that age, you know! Our room cooled off in about 5 or 10 min. and we kept our fan running all night. jAnd the bed is incredible.

hookedup......you definitely CAN use recipe club for Shula's. We saved it for our last night. Also, guess what happened with it? They told us when we checked in that when it began, they would credit your account with your whole amount($50 for every two days). But then, people started checking out early and not using it for food, just using it to pay for their room. Now it is in the computer to appear every two days and only will be credited on your bill for food and beverage INCLUDING room service. When mine didn't appear on the second set of two days, I started calling, until I got someone who knew what was happening. My dd was embarrassed, but she didn't complain while she ate at Shula's......lol. I found out that if you have a problem with that promotion you should dial 66, not the front desk. (in fact, ask for Michelle or Kim... they not only knew what to do, but credited it while we spoke.)

I lost track of where DF was. I sort of thought she might be on her cruise while we were there. I guess she is at CR.

Dreamflight, Mouseteacher, Ozziewags, (anybody)! Help me...:(
I called yesterday to ask if adding a night at the beginning of my stay would mess up my existing reservation with cash and points and they said "oh, no! not a problem!" Well, big problem, now instead of my 4,000 points and $60 cash per night with a complimentary club upgrade, they changed it to $300 per night plus points!!!

When I called SPG, they said they couldn't help to call the hotel, who said to call SPG.....

What am I going to do! I was counting on Club privledges and even have the print out to prove I was supposed to get them. Would they dare do this??

What should I do?

hI,
Ozziewags,
Welcome back!! I also returned from 2 weeks at the Swan in June.

I am really surprised though that they did not give you a junior suite or any suite for that matter. Platinums are treated like royalty and always and should get the best. I am thinking maybe they were sold out??

But I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am going back in December!!YEEAAAA!!

Mama T, if you are reading this than know that I hope you feel better. I am the lady with the 2 kids who came up to say hi to you in early June since I wasnt on Club level this time. :bounce: :bounce:

:wave: "DID I MISS YOU?!"

I checked-in here yesterday! I looked all over for green ribbons, but only saw FEDEX conv. folks...LOL.

What a "whirlwind" we've been on. The CR was the BEST...and the view from our balcony astounding. The castle at night is like a DREAM. We thoroughly enjoyed the services of the concierge staff, including some "yummy" Cali grill prepared food!

My MIL came for four days, (first-timer....and a Fla res too!). If you recall...her DH passed in Jan. She was thrilled beyond belief to experience the MAGIC with us. We went to MGM first...and she rode TOT, RR, GMR...and the BLT. We enjoyed SS, MS, and "M"! She was smiling/laughing the entire time. One Man's Dream was especially enlightening.

We exited the park...and headed to the R&C for our PS (Illuminations on the lower balcony!). We began with the lamb barley...and it was the ole' Mutton stew I recall so fondly. DH did the beers around the world thingie..and I had my F&C (MIL too), while DD & DH ordered the Prime. Everything was incredible. Dessert...was not to be. We were all too full!

We left and chatted with "Pam Brody", before stolling back to the monorail. A very memorable evening indeed!

The next am...we took the monorail to Epcot (MIL & DD rode in the front!). We walked the world showcase...beginning with "Oh, Canada!" We saw "Impressions de France" as we enjoyed a fresh baguette (highly recommended!) I purchased in the boulangerie. We tried some parfumes...and sampled some vino.

We slowly and methodically made our way to JAPAN...where we dined in the Teppanyaki house for lunch. We all ordered the steak & lobster...and it was as tender and tasty as I remembered!
;) The folks next to us were from L.A.!

We walked to every country...shopping and experiencing the pavillions. I had NO idea the frozen Margueritas in Mexico were SO STRONG! Whew!! I downed some H20 to detox/flush the tequilla from my system...and I only had a few SIPS of DH's. It's the first time we have bought one. Off to the little cart for some hot pecans/almonds. No more special (2 bags for $5)...now, each bag is $3~:( . I bought three!

Walking to spaceship earth...the cooling station was roped-off/closed. It was about 6:30 pm. We saw Honey I shrunk the audience...and Test track...before entering the spaceship (one of my favs). Afterward...we took the monorail back to the CR to rest before walking to the MK for E-RIDE night!

We began with Buzz...moved to SM, PM, and AE. We strolled to Frontierland with a frozen coke and Alien leg. We enjoyed HM, GTRR, and SM (4X...we were SOAKED). We walked back to CR (best part of staying there), and called it a NIGHT at 4am! LOL.

The next am...we were off to see the rest of Epcot, and then to DTD for a flick (Pirates of the C). We dined in the Rainforest Cafe, and had a great time. I had the turkey wrap...MIL had the CRAB sandwich (real LUMP crabmeat), and DD had the rice with cajun sausage and chicken (forget the name)....DH had a FULL SLAB of melt-in-your-mouth RIBS! We ordered the VOLCANO for dessert! A wild time was had by all. We drove the truck back to the CR.

Next am....we visited the Animal Kingdom. We saw every niche of this park. We all exited, and enjoyed dinner in MGM at the Sci-Fi dine in. I love the menu...but still wish it were more like a REAL drive-in (fare). We had the best time showing her the MAGIC of WDW. She could not get over the accomodations, and the fact we never waited in any lines. She was able to get a real TASTE of WDW...without wasting precious time. ;)

We are now at the WDW Dolphin. Renovations are currently underway...and heading for the 6th floor. Everything is wonderful here...just as always! I'm currently nibbling peanut butter/chocolate FUDGE. After all....vacations include indulgence! LOL.

I'll post more later. So much to tell you about the Dolphin....and bell desk feature (which I'll be using). TTFN....:wave:

DF99:)

Thanks to our amazing ozziewags, our vacation has been rescued! I had such a restless night I woke up at 4 am and went to my lavendar screened computer (another bad thing!) and there was help "awaitin'! THANKS AND A GREAT BIG SWAN CHEER FOR OZZIEWAGS!!

I am in your debt and look forward to returning the favor!
Denise

Disbug~ I am so glad all was "fixed". Ozzie is the best! What a team Ozzie and DF make. :) Denise, we will soon be there!!!!!!

ozzie~ Thanks for the room/ floor suggestions. DH would really like a balcony and I, in my heart, would love CL again. But, I hope we do get a balcony since it would make him very happy. He likes sitting out with a glass of wine in the evenings when we return from a day and night in the parks. He particularly loved the CR Tower room for this errr... activity....LOL since he had a beautiful view of the castle. Do you suggest that I do call the Swan directly and give that specific request?

BTW, I am so happy to hear about the Grotto pool - it's where I will plunk myself every afternoon!

DF~ Everything sounds wonderful! I am happy to read from you and ozzie that the crowds have been manageable. I always expect the MK to be crowded. Keep posting.

Hey, you guys stay up too late for me - so I have to catch up on all posts in the am. As you can see, I prefer to rise early and DIS! :smooth:

mouseteacher>> If your DH is also a people watcher, our room would be perfect! I can't find the picture now, but there is a picture of the Swan, taken probably on the bridge to the boardwalk. We were the top right hand balcony in that picture. We had room 726 which is two queens. I don't remember if you wanted a king or the queen beds. How many days do you have now? :)

Disbug>> glad Ozzie was able to help you out! I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

DF>> per my usual, don't even have to ask anymore request, I have a box of Mackinac Island fudge here. Chocolate pecan, chocolate walnut, and chocolate peanut butter are the flavors. I think the maple disappeared onroute! I'll sneak it into your room via pixie dust so you can have the real stuff! :)

Recipe club questions>> I have the url for that site. Is there anywhere you sign up for the "recipe club"? I have already signed up for special offers via their postcard site. I want to make sure that I have any offer that comes out appear in my email.

Have a wondeful Tuesday!
Debbie

Our Amtrak crisis update...

Thank you all for the pixie dust I think it helped. We do not have to take the bus. Amtrak has agreed to keep our same price and re-route us. Not an easy feat since the logistics of having the available deluxe sleepers on the trains we needed so close to departure is hard to find. Definately pixie dust I think.

We are now going to take the train from Los Angeles to Chicago to Philly to Orlando. That adds an extra day on to the trip so we are leaving a day early. I have our new tickets in hand and I am breathing a sigh of relief. If all goes according to plan we will actually be in Orlando several hours earlier than if we had taken our original train. I am still amazed that Amtrak allowed us to do this. The new railfare for this new itinerary is nearly 3 times the cost of our original one! This will be quite an adventure.

I have to definately send a box ahead to the Swan. I want to keep packing to a minimum. We have to change trains twice enroute so it will be interesting to see how that goes. Hopefully ds will be as cooperative as he was last year.

I will also need to research out transfering between the Swan and the GF - I have heard conflicting reports about how to do this? Anyone done it recently?

Disbug, So glad things are straighten out! Thanks Ozzie!

Mouseteacher, Only 8 more days and you will be there! I hope you enjoy the Swan and get the balcony!

DF, great to hear from you! I'm so glad to here you are at the Dolphin! Are there any changes to your suite? Keep us updated!;)

Hookedup, I'm glad amtrack came through for you! It does sound like an adventure! Pixie dust works!

Ozzie, are you unpacked yet? You and your DD hit the best restaurants! Good for you! Can't wait for your photos!

Debbie, I'm not sure about the recipe club. I know it is somewhere on their site!

Muffy

Originally posted by Disbug
Thanks to our amazing ozziewags, our vacation has been rescued! I had such a restless night I woke up at 4 am and went to my lavendar screened computer (another bad thing!) and there was help "awaitin'! THANKS AND A GREAT BIG SWAN CHEER FOR OZZIEWAGS!!

I am in your debt and look forward to returning the favor!
Denise
Dear Denise...

I'm sorry I missed this, and failed to assist you! I'm THRILLED Ozzie caught it, and SAVED THE DAY!! She's incredible, especially since she just returned from the Swan (Are you UNPACKED YET Ozzie? LOL). I'm just happy everything is okay now. ;)

hookedup....Whew! Another SAVE prior to your trip. So glad everything is okay. :wave: I'm sure DS will do fine, he looks like an angel. :)

***I"ll write more later***

Ozzie...sorry we failed to connect. We were "nearly" in COMMANDO-MODE (a first for moi) w/DMIL here!! I probably would not have seen a green ribbon if it were attached to my OWN HAIR! LoL....:p

#1Hockeymom...send some of the REAL FUDGE my way!! Yummy. :)

Muffy...no changes to my suite~! I'm actually "relieved", as I am "sentimental" and enjoy the Silly,whimsical feel of this ole' decor. They'll be renovating here in no time. Next summa...it'll be like I'm at a Different resort! LOL.

Have a MAGICAL DAY all! ;)

Hi all,
disbug....sooo glad to help someone...I have been helped so many times. We all share here.

needabreak.......didn't have my green ribbon, did you? I looked for you in the CL and told Thabo and Mama T to help me find you! Mama T was so funny......she said, "oh, so you're ozziewags!" I think she reads this board!

Debbie.......I think I signed up to receive recipes from that site, somehow. I can't remember exactly. I get a recipe each month from them. Keep looking there. It was a good deal, a bit cheaper than teacher rate.

hookedup....didn't hear about your amtrak crisis, but glad that it is worked out. Sounds like quite a trip! Are you taking any time in those cities? Chi and Philly are great towns. Had a wonderful trip to Philly a couple years ago.(dd was doing an internship out there)

DF.....so glad to hear from you. You must be 'super walkers' in the parks. I got so tired and so hot....and you just keep going and going and going! An energizer bunny! We missed Mission: Space......try to get on. The day we went, we were turned away...I think the power had gone out and TT was down too. Bad timing. Lots of people are getting on. It's ok, don't really want to puke on my shirt anyway!(I heard they are keeping extras on hand for that purpose!) gross

Busy doing laundry and waiting for sil from Seattle. Looks like pizza tonight. Pics still in camera. More later.

I ran into hookedup in DISchat last night. I almost posted her great news this morning with my post, but thought it best that she post it herself! Good deal hookedup! We knew that pixie dust would work!

DF>> Where do you find all the energy to keep going like this? Please say hello to MommaT and Thabo for me! I guess the best way to describe us would be to say we had the 10 year old hockey player who always brought food back with him even after snacking in the lounge, the 17 year old sleeping beauty only seen in the afternoon and evenings, and dh who only showed up occassionally! DH and I did talk with him at length on our last day.

Muffy>> I found the site, even found back recipes, but no place to sign up. Perhaps they've phased out this program. I will keep checking. Thanks for the help!

Start packing everyone! You're going to Disney World!

Debbie

Debbie....if you found the archives then you found this:

Osso Buco Ala Milanese

1001.jpg

Is this your favorite veal dish? Recipe can be found here:
http://www.swandolphin.com/recipeclub/1001.html

<b>Piccantine di Vitello al Marsala - veal scaloppine with Marsala wine sauce, mushrooms and sage gnocchi </b>

I think this is what DH had. I am using an old menu from Deb's site. I know that this is at least very similar. It came with a prepared lemon for squeezing. OH my did it add a lovely flavor to the entire dish! *plus I am a lemon lover!* I didn't even think to go back, reread the EXACT dish and ask for a recipe! We had a great time here! We had some funny things happen while being served that I didn't go into before. Suffice to say we were treated well, and I thought over compensated for the minor problem that we did not make an issue over. I would love to have that recipe and would be willing to cook if anyone procures it!

Thanks for thinking of me!
Debbie

Hello again everyone,

I have been away from the boards a bit and can't believe how much I've missed!

But the enthusiasm remains the same - that's why I love "coming by..."

Sounds like you recent returnees had fantastic trips - can't wait to see pictures! And for those of you going soon (and I am one of you) ISN'T IT SO EXCITING??!! I have that urge again, you know, to yell it at the top of my lungs? I will try to contain myself, though!

Hookedup, I am really happy that Amtrak was able to accomodate you, I didn't think they were particularly "customer service oriented" but maybe that's just the east coast routes? (more of a business traveler clientele.)

Hockeymom, I will keep an eye out for that recipe, it's one of my favorites, too!

Anyway, wanted to say "HI" to everyone and wish you all some PD. :D

I got my first Swandolphin recipe postcard today in my e mail. I printed off the Gnocchi al Gorgonzola. I love anything with bleu cheese!

:wave: Hi, crc6 - glad you dropped by! When do you arrive in the World?

Who else is going to the Swan on the Recipe Club deal?

I know Ozzie just returned and I was wondering if anyone else who is going in the near future (besides me) is using this deal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter