NEW...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Debbie ~ glad to hear from the Magic of the Swan. Sounds like a great room! How is the weather - I know it's hot but have you had any steady rain? I still have 31 days to go and I'm getting more excited as the days go by.

:sunny: :wave: Just dropping by quickly to say "HELLO"! I love the pictures of San Antonio. Beautiful suite and view. :cool:

Everything sounds SO great Debbie! I'll be there in a few, too. Save a turkey leg for my DH...they are his #1 Fav fast food item in the parks! :p Thanks for the lovely post from INSIDE the MAGIC! :smooth:

Muffy...the connection for the notebooks is very simple! You'll be amazed, and be up and running in moments. ;)

TTFN....:wave:

Debbie.......love hearing from people IN the Magic! Sounds like you guys are off to a great start. You must be in one of the L shaped corner jr suites?

jgates........I am really not the expert here, just a hobby. I only use what came with my pc....microsoft photo editor. I know there are fancy ones out there and I would love to get one. I have used Adobe before, lots of fun! I do lots of research and play around. Here is what I found on a thread yesterday:

the real test of your pictures is really the software you use to enhance them. I am a fan of 2: uleads photoimpact and adobe's photoshop elements (which is an under $100 version of photoshop.) Elements offers a fill flash option which can save dark nighttime pictures. Both of them offer ways for novices to enhance their pictures. If you want great pictues, this is the best investment you can bring.
(erinch)

Here is the thread I was reading about taking pics with a digital camera:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=380583

I can help you get your pics posted here though!

DF......counting down.....looks like dd and I are going to be at the Swan starting July 7! Looking forward to a relaxing, laid back, do what we want trip.

Is anyone else NOT getting Dis emails? Here I thought everyone was at the beach.

Debbie.......love hearing from people IN the Magic! Sounds like you guys are off to a great start. You must be in one of the L shaped corner jr suites?

jgates........I am really not the expert here, just a hobby. I only use what came with my pc....microsoft photo editor. I know there are fancy ones out there and I would love to get one. I have used Adobe before, lots of fun! I do lots of research and play around. Here is what I found on a thread yesterday:

the real test of your pictures is really the software you use to enhance them. I am a fan of 2: uleads photoimpact and adobe's photoshop elements (which is an under $100 version of photoshop.) Elements offers a fill flash option which can save dark nighttime pictures. Both of them offer ways for novices to enhance their pictures. If you want great pictues, this is the best investment you can bring.
(erinch)

Here is the thread I was reading about taking pics with a digital camera:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=380583

I can help you get your pics posted here though!

DF......counting down.....looks like dd and I are going to be at the Swan starting July 7! Looking forward to a relaxing, laid back, do what we want trip.

Is anyone else NOT getting Dis emails? Here I thought everyone was at the beach.

...TA~DA! SUITCASES are OFFICIALLY "OUT" AND PRIMED for FILLING! (LOL)

I am SO proud of myself. :p I also have everything else completely organized and ready to go. I place everything in Manilla envelopes (several small inside a large), and neatly/boldly mark each one according to destination/info/items. One has DELTA E-Tics inside, another has all the CAR RENTAL ressies printed and in order of dates needed, yet another has all the resort confirmations (each in it's own marked small manilla envelope), all in chrono order, etc.! These are neatly placed inside a handled Red w/black trim cloth bag for quick access. It's literally down to a SCIENCE. :p

DD is currently watching FLY AWAY HOME with her dear Gosling "BABY". BABY has grown, and is so gorgeous! We will miss this little African Grey, and will release him late Thursday eve into the preserve (together). He's lying on top of her (on a towel), and cooing as they watch the Canadian Geese in the film. It's a ritual, as she watches this film with ALL her Ornithology subjects. ;) Perhaps it leaves a lasting imprint of compassion/love in their hearts/souls. One can only wish...as she gives SO much of herself to their care/welfare. :)

I'm ordering the 2/5 day passes online today for our US/IOA stay. Each pass is $95, and includes unlimited access for FIVE full days to both parks! A GREAT deal. :cool: For $2 I can pick them up at the Will-Call window. I also placed the ANNUAL PASSES to WDW in the TICKET envelope this am. I would NOT want to leave these behind. I also printed new E-Tics from Delta, as the time had changed. I do not want to have ANY unecessary delays at the Airport.

I feel so happy...and am literally GIDDY with growing excitement. VACATION....is what I LIVE for (during the rest of the year~)!

Off to do some "tanning" in the pool for a spell. TTFN....:wave:

DF ~ I can feel your excitement! :) What a lovely picture you painted re:DD w/her friends.

ozzie ~ Dr. Frankenstein to the rescue!... another monster for you to create. ;) I can't wait to take pix from our upcoming trip to post upon our return.

Good for you and your DD on a July visit to the Swan. DH and I, too, plan on a leisurely visit to the World...taking things as the come - no rushing around just strolling and smelling the roses. We only have a short time but it was unexpected. So, something is better than nothing! Thanks to spg and cash and points being offered at the S/D.

We have a "standard resort balcony room", I think. It isn't a suite; room 726, one window facing the dolphin, the other overlooks the boardwalk and epcot. I loved waking up early this morning (had to, forgot to close the sunrise side curtains) and spending time on the balcony while everyone else snored away! The beds are very comfortable! I was a skeptical about the "heavenly" beds, but they really are!

Today we went off to AK and rode Dinosaur, saw Tarzan and "Its Tough to be a Bug", watched the parade, went on the safari, and ate at Flame Tree Barbeque. Dh declared the ribs fantastic and ds loved his chicken sandwich. The salad was good, but nothing to "write email" about. Had ice cream waffle cones later in the day in Harambe.

DH is currently passed out cold. DD is talking to her boyfriend on her cell phone in some unknown location, and DS is chomping at the bit to start E-night!:bounce: If E-night is even close to how uncrowded MGM was last night, we're going to love it!

Thabo is fantastic at the club lounge! Both of my kids just adore him. He set them up with small covered plates of crudites to bring back for dh after saying that "if he snoozes, he loses! "LOL We haven't met Momma T yet.

My laptop already had the ethernet hoodup. All I did was plug in, start up, and launch my browser. Instead of my normal homepage coming up, the swan/dolphin page launches. It is quick and painless!:)

It was very cloudy much of yesterday until the evening, but it didn't rain. Today was very sunny, it is now just starting to cloud up but doesn't look like the usual thunderstorm cloud build up. I think we are really lucking out weather-wise.

till later!
Debbie

We arrived back to the "real"world on sunday and I haven't unpacked completely but thought I should stop in and say Hello and THANKS for the great information on the Swan.. The Beds really are "heavenly"!! to say the least - oh to have one of those here don't think I would ever get out even to go to work LOL..
We enjoyed our stay very much - Loved the Grotto Pool and it was very uncrowded and we always found at least 2-3 seats together where we could see the slide - as that is where the kids hung out most of the time.. We ate at Tubbi's and I used my Disney club card for the discounts and used Disney dollars to pay.
we ate at Gulliver's with Baloo and Pluto and italian night - I tried the shrimp w/ bowtie pasta in alfredo YUMMY !!! I had to shop in the clothing store in the Dolphin as I forgot my Bathing suit in Kentucky !!DUH !! that was one expensive soluviner and it doesn't even have Disney or Mickey anywhere on it !
We stayed in Room 869 and 870 . we overlooked the front of the hotel w/ a slight view of fireworks ( from Illumination I assume ) on the left side of the window and on the right side was TOT !! I tried to get the resort fee waived at check in and again on my last day but No Dice !! they lady said it was a mandatory fee even if you didn't use the services.. OH well , I tried.. Transportation was great we never waited more then 10-12 minutes for the bus or boat ( in 95% of the time it was less then 5-7 ) I will be doing a trip report this weekend but thought I owed it to the cheerleaders to put this up now.. Thanks again ..
Ps I would definately stay again !! Michelle

2 great reports....thanks Deb and Michelle. So, Deb, if we have the nic card in our notebook, all we have to do is plug in? Cool. We have cable and network our pc's here at home. So should be set.
I really enjoy the reports about the restaurants. I always go with plenty of PS's, but I'm not this time. We will see what happens. Been so busy getting ds and friends ready for Vegas, haven't spent much time on my trip! We got the AP notice to ride Space Mission Aug 1-3 and now ds wants us to go then just to do that! He thinks I'm a time machine! Zap...I'm there: Zap, I'm home. hehe I wish.
Hey mouseteacher...I thought you weren't going to be back until Tues. night?

On connecting your laptop to the Swan internet--do you need to bring your own ethernet cable? Or do they have one in the room?

Deeply envious of all already there...

Debbie, Glad to hear you have an e night while at the Swan! It sounds like two fun packed days so far! Club Level is great for breakfest and saves time in the morning. You can use the tray in your room to bring back goodies from CL. So gald to hear you are enjoying CL while at the Swan! We love updates from inside the magic! How long are you going to be there? It sounds like you are making good use of your time!

Tell us more about hooking up your laptop! The notebook i am getting has an ethernet card and a cord. Is that all we need to hook up to S/D high speed internet? If so, it sounds to good to be true! I LOVE the idea of just plugging it in!

Muffy

ozzie ~ gratefully, the second day of the conference ended at 11:30. So, what do I do the minute I get home? :p Check the DIS! Also, it was the first gorgeous day we have had in quite a while - sunny and in the 80s - who wanted to be stuck in a hotel at a conference?! Summer has finally begun in the northeast! :bounce:

Michelle ~ 3 cheers for the Swan! Thanks for giving us quick report. I'll be checking for your complete trip report. Isn't is tough getting back to the real world? ;)

Good morning, all.
Mouseteacher, I am thrilled you got that clock going, becuase the countdown dates are almost the same as mine (I think I arrive just a couple of days after you all...) Now I can "share" your excitement... Which, thanks to everyone's posts - from inside and outside the World - is EXACTLY what I am doing!!

I am REALLY beginning to look forward to my WDW "mini-retreat." This week has been an adventure, to say the least. I made through a "make-or-break relationship talk" with my boyfirend - love of my life, I should say - (he proclaimed me "the woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with" how nice!) Also made it through an UGLY round of layoffs at my company - budget related, NOT AT ALL performance related, which is all the more hard to swallow when you lose coworkers who have become friends ... AND am about to send my best friend down the aisle, her wedding is four days after my birthday (two weeks)! So the "wedding fever" (read: STRESS) is in full swing!! Following that weekend, the family is gathering in NYC for a memorial Mass celebrating the lives of my grandparents, who passed away within about 18 months of each other at the ages of 89 (GM) and 93! (GF) Awesome people, so dear to me, though I miss them, I am looking forward to this mass and "PARTY" celebrating their AMAZING lives (I do love the way us Catholics do it, don't you!)

Then, FINALLY, I am headed to the World 7/30 for my long-awaited "maiden voyage" at the Dolphin. Very excited to learn I'll be able to preview Mission: Space with the other AP holders. Also excited to spend some "girl time" with my brother's amazing girlfriend - who is a dear friend of mine. And to be in DW at the same time? Too much!!!

Sorry - I seem to have gotten a little carried away in this message, but it has been such an intense time and I get so excited hearing about everyone's trips and plans and such, I just had to post!!
It makes me feel like I am yelling "I'm going to Disney World" from the top of a mountain!!!

So to all, thanks for posting the reports - keep 'em coming!

I promise I'll "repay" you all with a detailed report of my own!!

Have a fantastic day,
Caitlin

Caitlin -
Have a wonderful trip - sounds like you deserve a break! Hope you have a magical time - I'll be looking forward to your recaps!

I LOVE reading all the detailed reports/posts of recent stays in the WDW Dolphin/Swan! Thank you. ;)

Debbie...:wave: WOW..you are having a GREAT time with the fam in the Magic! Be sure to leave some PD for moi (LOL). I'm actually going to pre-pack today (place items in the luggage...and try to remember "WHAT" it is I've forgotten. :rolleyes: As each year, once we are settled in Fla., I'll say..."Oops, I KNEW I was going to forget THAT!" (Whatever THAT is...). :p :p

My head feels as if I've been inhaling Helium all morning, LIGHT as a BALLOON. This is the DISNEY euphoria I LOVE! :cool: DD is out with her driver's training instructor for two hours. One more session tomorrow am, and she's finished. She played a Steel Drum Gig last eve at the Country Club (Lobster Feast on the lawn), and had a great time.

Thanks again, for all the lively posts and wonderful trip reports. Have FUN Caitlin, it certainly sounds as if you DESERVE some magic! Wow...and I thought "I" was busy (LOL). I too, am "Bubbling over" with the URGE to stop everyone I see to tell them "I'M GOING TO DISNEYWORLD"! The anticipation and excitement is so overwhelming...and my clock timer is almost OUT!

TTFN...:sunny: :earseek: :wave:

Wow DF....not much time left. I have a question for you, although I know how busy you are. What is the best time to go to MK and get in line for the wristband for a Tues. enight? It runs from 10-1am. What do you ususally do? Looking forward to this....hope I can get tickets for Tues., as you suggested.

E-night.. not that impressed. They cut out gates for so many ride entrances *where you get on* that we still waited about 15-20 minutes for most rides. Granted, that is a short wait, it just seemed that they should have had more "cars" going on the rides. HM was the exception to this. HM was more fun at night, too! Pick up your wristband before the line up for the parades start. We had to snake through the crowds when we arrived, but once in line for the bands, it did go quickly!:) We waited 25 minutes for a bus at the end, watching 4 half empty buses for Old Key West go by. DH was upset over that, since we were trying to keep our kids from falling through the back door of the bus while we stood packed like sardines. Rush hour in London had less people crammed in the tube! Not to put a damper on my news, though, since all the other transportation has been fantastic!:)

Don't need an ethernet cable. I brought my super long crosses my classroom cable, and didn't even need it! There is an electrical connection right on the lamp on the desk, and the cable is right there, also. When you launch your browser, it will detect proxy settings automatically. I am running windows 2000. win98 might also work. You might need to reconfigue with 98. It is easier to connect here than it is at school!

Cosmic Rays was our dinner, since we were getting a late start after having to cancel CP for dinner. All I can say is, the potatoes were good. I wish we would have known that Pecos Bills was open! We're heading out for PSs at Coral Reef for lunch, followed by San Angel Inn for dinner. That makes today EPCOT! (albeit a very late start. We all slept in until 1030.)

To everyone about to leave, have a safe and happy trip!

Debbie

Debbie ~ I hope you took the advice from these Boards and brought moleskins with you (for the blisters). ;) I did last summer and was I glad - I used them everyday. In all my previous trips, I never had a problem with blisters and I wore my good ole' sneakers (ones I wear every trip - I call them my DIS sneakers) so it wasn't because I had new sneakers. But, prior to going I had read about the moleskins and bought some to bring with me - gratefully! Have already bought some for this upcoming trip.

It is always a problem when you leave a park at closing - CROWDED transportation! One positive - if you stay in Epcot for Illuminations you can walk back (that is if you are not too tired). A bonus for staying at an Epcot resort.

Enjoy Coral Reef - last time we ate there we were able to get a table right at the glass. It was so much fun and the food was very good.

Debbie and Mouseteacher.....yes, moleskin is great.......but if you already have blisters, take the moleskin and cut a 'donut' or buy those corn pads, that already have holes in them. Put the donut on the blister and tape it to your foot. It takes the pressure off the blister and you can even play tennis this way! (this is my real job!) I never get blisters because I wear good white socks, and tennis shoes with inserts whenever I have lots of walking to do. I also wear New Balance 810's.....which helps immensely.

Debbie....good news about the cable....bad news about enight. I assume the parade you are talking about is Spectro? The early or late one?

Sounds like you have a great day planned. See if you can get on Mission Space, if the globe is turning. That is supposed to be the signal!

Look forward to your next report from the MAGIC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter