NEW...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

YIPEEEEEEEE
WE got the SWAN!!! Bob just called me from Dreams and said we got the last of the rooms, which I believe since I was unable to book thru SPG or directly with the hotel!

I am so excited!!!

Hockeymom- thanks for the tips-it sounds wonderful as I too hate Metro. Flint is one hour from us, but sounds like it will be worth it.

Our flight is 257 tomorrow 7:15 am, we return on Weds, very quick, unplanned, exciting trip. Bob told us to bring raincoats, though as it has not stopped. I could care less!! I haven't been on vacation alone with my husband since 1994!!!

See you on the flight Debbie!!

Kim

hookedup - :) "if only teachers were paid what they should be..."
I, too, would be in Disney for more than 5 days - checked in right next door to DF! :D :p

The last of August is ideal. We don't start school until after Labor Day which helps although that week can be busy with start up chores and business. I have been at my position for many years, so I have learned to clear the decks and get away that week.

disFan ~ :bounce: :bounce: You'll love the Swan! Post about your trip when you return. Oh and wear a lime green ribbon so that Debbie and you can identify yourselves as DISers.

DF and hockeymom ~ LOL re: luggage and packing - you guys are too funny. I have to go on an overnight business trip Monday and Tuesday. I have my suitcase out and have begun packing. :)
I won't be able to DIS until I get home Tuesday night - I hope I survive!!!! :eek:

Originally posted by #1hockeymom
It should say 20 hours.. not a day and 20! We're leaving in 20 hours! WOOO HOOOOOO!!!
LOL...and no suitcases yet?! BOY...YOU ARE GOOD!!:p

Yep...have the petosky in the drawer too. :rolleyes: But, since writing this post, I'll move them to the little water fountain in the formal, where they'll remain "wet" and magical for all of eternity (or until the fountain ceases to operate...).

THE WORLD is STILL OUT THERE! You are a crack-up! LOL....giving me my morning dose of HUMOR. :p :cool: I too, read the paper..."cover to cover".

Have a GREAT time together (Disfan & Debbie!)~make sure to wear the RIBBONS! ;) So happy you obtained the SWAN! Hooray to Disfan and BOB (of DU). :)

*Mouseteacher~...if you were truly paid what you were worth, you could take up "full summer residence" in the Dolphin, first class ALL THE WAY! ;)

HE DID IT! Remember my post about a goalie, James Howard, who I had heard about through aunt and uncle (workin4vacation). They told me he was going to be in the NHL draft. He was playing for Maine I believe. HE MADE IT!! Second round, number 64... he's going to HOCKEYTOWN!!! I was "rereading" the paper, and although I am a major hockeyfan, I dont usually read much past the front page of the sports section. DS wanted to swim before my hair appointment, so I was reading... reading.. saw the draft... reading.. remembered thinking.."ok, what was his name? james something.. no howard something.. All of a sudden I see in bold print in the second round.<br> JAMES HOWARD (G) DETROIT!</b> WOO HOOOO! I kick son out of pool, yell to DH who thinks I'm crazy. and.. of course... writing here!

Congrats James! Can't wait to see you on the ice! I am sure it will take a year, but I am looking forward to saying *I emailed your aunt once! Great stop against the avs!* (maybe not in that order! LOL)

*back to the pool for five more minutes, then hair.. then kennel.. then suitcases??

Debbie

#1hockeymom and disfanrn have a great trip and be sure to keep us posted!! I hope you get lots of sunshine for your trip

Hello to all of you! Wow so many of you are leaving soon to go to WDW, Have a GREAT time!

We brought little Kirk Jr. home on Saturday afternoon! I cannot tell you how happy I am to have my little boy home with all of us. The sweet baby will never get to sleep in his bed with 4 sisters to hold him. We took Kirk Jr. to church this morning. "Dad Poppins" stood up with the baby and thanked all of those who prayed for our miracle. I cryed tears of happiness that God has choosen to let us raise this sweet little bundle. I could not go up front I was to emotional, its been a tough 3 months. As he spoke of our journey with our pregnancy it just brought back a lot of tough times, our faith has really been tested. We have spent a lot of time praying to God asking that his will be done with our baby. Thanks again to all of you for sharing in this journey with us.

We are looking foward to getting back to "normal". Daddy Kirk starts back to work tomorrow after being off most of the time since March 17th. We have lots of catching up to do on bills etc. so its time to settle back in.

For those of you who want to send Baby Kirk a card, PM for our address. I am a fanatic about memory boxes and will gladly put a card in from my fellow disney fans. Someday I will share with him about his long journey to join our family.

Dreamflight: I have not registered anywhere, I would not let my family or friends give me a shower this time around for lack of knowing what was going to happen with Kirk Jr. with so many stays in the hospital.

Have a great time in the "World" for all of you leaving soon! :)

Yea.....mompoppins....soooo happy for all of you. I know exactly what you are talking about, by not being able to talk to others because of all the emotion you have gone through. So many people prayed for us and did so much for us that I couldn't talk to anyone without crying! You just feel so overwhelmed. But God has a plan for you and for your darling son........hold every precious moment in your heart.

So glad to hear such good news before we leave! I had tears in my eyes reading your post about having him at church. He is truly a blessing!:)
We leave for the airport in 5 1/2 hours. I dragged out the suitcases an hour ago and have been frantically filling them. I did manage to put all of my reservation numbers in my purse!:rolleyes: I called the Swan an hour ago, they have us on floor seven, balcony, facing the correct way (have no idea which way that is, just said I wanted epcot view!) I am hoping some pixie dust moves us up a bit higher. It does still say club level on our reservations (I paid for that part). I forgot to mention starwood member when I called. I will have my card with me. EITHER WAY.. I AM GOING TO DISNEY WORLD! I am going to try to get some sleep, but my second favorite fluffy no substance chick flick is on tv right now! "The Cutting Edge" ("but THOSE are figure skates!") OK, so I still want Doug Dorsey.... its not like I am going to marry him~! LOL

I hope I can figure out who disfanrn is! Its not like Bishop is a huge airport. I'll have my redwings necklace on! I forgot lime green ribbon.... I can't even find green around this house! My DD said just talk real loud in the airport about the disboards.. .my dh said that would be normal for me. To everyone going before I get back, have a safe and happy trip!

DF>> isn't deer park up in the UP near muskalonge lake? If that is what I am thinking of, we camped up there about five years back. We had a campsite right on the lake, and it rained every day! (sounds like weather in MASS, eh?) You were from the Buffalo area, correct? Do you know Grand Island? My Mom is from there... the giant Mansion right on the river was built by my Great Grandparents. I honestly don't know if it is still there, I was only there as a small baby. I do know it was the biggest house on the island at the time.

Off to grab the camera and the two way radios before I forget!

Debbie <----take a full day off my countdown clock!

I am SOOO glad that Baby Kirk is home! What a wonderful thing for your family!

We arrived safely home from St Paul after an hour + delay for a fatal accident on the interstate. If I can find a cheap new photo program, I will try to post a photo of the car next week. (My adobe croaked). Any suggestions? I can't even open up a photo on my pc right now.

And which page were the directions for posting photos? Around 35 or so? Anyone have it jotted down? I thought I had a PM from someone with the instructions but haven't found it.

jgates......don't worry, just let me know when you are ready to post. If you can just upload your pictures onto your pc, you can upload them into www.imagestation.com for free. Then you can post them here. Do you have microsoft photo image on your pc? Keep me posted and I will help you.
Debbie....if you are reading this...you really need to get to bed so you can get up in a couple hours! Have a great trip.

Happy Monday, everyone!

Debbie ~ your time has come! Have a magical one!

MomPoppins ~ blessed are they who have faith - your post was lovely. Welcome home, baby Kirk!

Well, off to a 2 day conference - no DISing until Tuesday night.:(

TTFN :)

My DD said just talk real loud in the airport about the disboards.. .my dh said that would be normal for me.

That is hilarious. I can always count on a laugh when I check this thread! (Being a somewhat "loud talker" myself!)

Hope you all (disfanrn and Debbie) found each other at the airport - what a coincidence! I'll be looking for my fellow DISers when I'm "in town" July 30 - August 2...

MomPoppins, I am glad to head your baby boy is home safe and sound!

Have a lovely week, all.
Caitlin

fbdb916f.jpg

I'm attempting this pic first, but I'm scared it's too big! Crossing my fingers....NOW

WOW, it worked...OK first things first. Congrats to Mom Poppins on bringing home little Kirk. I dreamed last week I had a baby boy and was going to name him Kirk, LOL! The Disboards were on my mind even while sleeping.

Dreamflight, I knew I liked you...your birthday next Saturday is the same as my little John's. He will be turning 5 on 6/28. Last year we were in WDW for his birthday.

The suite picture shows the living room of our Westin La Cantera cash & points ($60 !) room. What it doesn't show is the two bedrooms and 3 bathrooms also provided. It was the size of a large apartment. Each sliding glass door you see leads out to a balcony. This next picture is the view from one of the balconies.
fbdb916f.jpg

Here is a picture of me and my family

fbdb8dea.jpg

Thanks Ozziewags - right now the only thing this old PC has is Adobe photodeluxe which is somehow corrupted. I'm just not sure if I should go spend $$ at Best Buy or try the free Kodak program. This thing is 4 years old and uses Win98SE. It has an 8 gb harddrive so I should be able to load another program with no trouble - just what to load. I wanted to set up stuff for auction on Ebay but nothing doing until I get photo program repaired or replaced!

Any good program suggestions?

We're here!!!! Didn't find my fellow Michigander, but if she was on that flight, it was uneventful and arrived on time.

Took our limo from MCO and arrived at the Swan. Didn't have a room yet so went to MGM. PS at Prime Time was a good start. Split the potroast with dh, kids had the chicken fingers and Pb&j, We both had pbj shakes.. mmmmmm! Food great as always.

TOT was fantastic! Really like the new setup with different drops! RNR wasn't a good idea after eating, but we survived! FANTAMIC! WOW! OMG we missed it last time we were here. I need to go back! Today's plans involved sleeping in, as we had dinner at midnight last night at Tubbi's, then the kids finally went swimming in the pool.

OUR ROOM>> Gorgeous! We're in the east wing, last room room 726. Corner room facing the Dolphin on one side and boardwalk/epcot on the other! Called this morning for sugar for dh, it was right up! Everyone slept well last night very well. dd is still in bed, refusing to get out of bed. I've been up for hours, straightening the room, singing my own song about daylight in the swamp zippedi do dah!

We snacked on "mocha mists", frozen lemonades, popcorn, and dh finally had his turkey leg. He declared it fantastic!

Going up to CL before they close. Have a great day!

Debbie

How exciting to hear from you directly from the magic! Sounds like you fit alot in on your first day! I don't blame you for sleeping in after such a busy day/night! How long are you staying? Happy to hear all is well at the Swan!

How easy was it to hook up your notebook at the Swan? I am in the process of buying a notebook and want to be able to use it at the Dolphin in Dec. for our 16 day holiday trip! I'm hoping someone can give me tips on how to hook it up and if i need anything extra.

Have a great time and report back with more updates! We love WDW updates. I hope you run into your DIS buddy from Michigan!

Muffy

Debbie-
Congrats on your safe and uneventful arrival. Glad to hear you like your room. Are you using the Starwood Turbonet Highspeed Inet access? I love that!
I will be looking forward to reading posts from the Swan when you find time to squeeze them in. My countdown is to 40 days - but it seems like it will never come.
Have fun!
C.J.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter