• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New dolphin show?

RobinEJ

Mouseketeer
Hi I was wondering if anyone has seen the new dolphin show? Would love to know your thoughts, I'm looking forward to seeing it next month. Thanks!

I saw it the first day it was open to the public. I liked seeing something different since I saw the old one no less than 20 times. It has a lot of the same tricks but they have a little audience participation which is cute. They had those comedy construction worker guys that do the street shows as a pre-show but not sure if that will be all the time. Just checked the SeaWorld website and it has changed so I can't find their names.

I love Dolphin Days!! I've seen it 7 times since it opened (including all 5 shows on the first day). The music is catchy, and I love seeing the interactions between the trainers and the dolphins (which I feel there are more of than were in Blue Horizons)

Hi I was wondering if anyone has seen the new dolphin show? Would love to know your thoughts, I'm looking forward to seeing it next month. Thanks!
We just saw it for the 1st time today. I absolutely loved it. The music and the entire show was very uplifting. They introduced some of the dolphins, talked about them, age ect. They picked a kid from the audience to participate. It was a lot of fun!!

We saw it twice last week. Beautiful show. We did not see Blue Horizons, so I can't compare them, but we thought the new show was the best one in the park (with the possible exception of Pets Ahoy). The music is so beautiful and inspiring. My four year old was singing the last song most of the day after the show. Loved the finale. We really enjoyed seeing it from two different viewing locations. The first time we watched it from the top, and the next time from very close to the front and center. Worth seeing several times.

[GALLERY=]IMAG2553.jpg [/GALLERY]

I was a fan of the old show,definitely preferred the music of Blue Horizons to Dolphin Days.There were also a few things Blue Horizons had that I really liked that Sea World removed in the last year or so,the divers,they still had the bungee guys until the end but not the divers.There was also one particular section of the show where a trainer rides a dolphin while wearing a bungee cord and just flies off the dolphin using the bungee.Blue Horizons did have a few slow parts but overall with everything working before Sea World removed them Blue Horizons was much better than Dolphin Days.Dolphin Days is not bad,I've seen it once and I liked it but it just didn't have the more emotional soundtrack Blue Horizons did or certain segments that were more memorable.

I agree with Doom1001. Dolphin Days is not bad but I definitely do not love it. I would give it a score of 6 out of 10. I think this show is going to boil down to people’s individual opinions and the particular show you see. I came out of Blue Horizons in awe all the time. And loving the message. There is nothing like being told “don’t just look at the world be part of the view” It’s a quote I live by. I find the middle of Dolphin Days a bit boring and too much talking. And at the particular show I was at the trainer talked in baby talk to the child they were talking to and it was just annoying. And the finale song while it’s a catchy song it’s nothing special. I like SeaWorld’s original music they create. This song in Dolphin Days is from the World Cup in 2014.

I saw Dolphin Days for the second time today and I think I saw it without comparing it to Blue Horizons and I think I liked it more than the first time I saw it.I still feel Blue Horizons at 100% is better but Dolphin Days is a very good show.

I have mixed feelings over this. I have so many memories around the Blue Horizon show that I'm a little heart broken that it is different!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter