New Disneyland Tour for the 50th

Tink33

Disneyland Parade High Kicker
You can make reservations by calling Disneyland® Resort Guest Information at (714) 781-7290.

The cost is $55.00

Here's the info -- I'm so tempted to take it....

Tickets for Disneyland's new 50th Anniversary guided tour went on sale on 27 April.
The tour lasts 3-1/2 hours, and is $55 per person (2 and under is free). There are four tours a day, and each tour can accomodate up to 16 guests. Depending on the time of day, the tour includes the following elements:

The first tour has:
* "Priority Boarding" for five attractions
* Tour pin
* An illustrated replica of an A-E ticket book
* Commemorative photo
* Snack

The Second & Third Tours have:
* "Priority Boarding" for three attractions
* Tour pin
* Commemorative photo
* Snack
* Preferred seating to view the Parade of Dreams

The fourth tour has:
* "Priority Boarding" for three attractions
* Tour pin
* Commemorative photo
* Snack
* Preferred seating to view the Remember... Dreams Come True fireworks from the train platform

Call 714-781-4400 to make your reservation up to 30 days in advance. You must pay in advance.

oooh this sounds fun! So I assume tour one is early in the morning and then the rest throughout the day? Are they offered every day or only certain ones?

What a wonderful tour this sounds! I phoned to book for July - had to use 714 781 4400 as the other number was never answered - but was told you could only book 30 days in advance. I asked about the 4th tour. This starts at 5.40pm with a group photo. Then you watch a special movie about the 50th birthday at Abraham Lincolns. Using one of the trams you go up to the castle and then visit 3 of the 5 lands. The snack - which will be a special box with snow white apple, potato chips, apple juice (I think) and cookie - will be given for the special viewing of the fireworks. What I liked best was the pin is of the lamp that shines above the firehouse and it will light up! I think that is so special. No discounts offered at the moment - I so want to do this!
Wendy

This may be dumb (Remember, there are no dumb questions, only dumb people. :rotfl: )...but is the tram accessable by ECV?

I really like the idea of booking this package for the Friday night of our visit...if I can still see a showing of Fantasmic. (June 17th)

I may have been wrong in my use of the word tram - it is the cars that go from Main Street to the castle - I could not remember the name she used! However if they were not accessible I imagine you could meet up at the castle.
Wendy

Is this different from the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour? I have a package booked with the 50th Anniversary package add-on, which I believe includes a Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour, but it sounds much different from the tour I took several years ago.

I think it is different as the description sounded nothing like the Walk In Walt's footsteps tour I did several years ago.

It's not the same. I called today as we have reservations for the walk in walts footsteps and thought I'd see if we could change. The new tour is more about the certain rides - not as much about walt personnally. I decided to keep the footsteps tour - don't need to spend $55.00 to go on rides/preferred seating and for a snack. The footsteps tour is more of what we want to see - looking forward to seeing club 33 & the apartment.

thanks to these boards I'll be checking out this tour on May 30th, I'm so excited! I'll be sure to post a review when I return (also doing the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour on June 1).

I took the Walts Tour and to be honest,it was kind a letdown.It was ok,but no way worth $50 bucks.The tour guide was very nice,but he really didn't show us anything "Special".We got to see CLub 33's Downstairs Entrance,but could not see the actuall club upstairs,which was kind of a letdown.It was like saying you will see Disneyland,then you are shown only the "Entrance" to Disneyland.The Tour Guide,again was VERY nice and knowledgeable.The small lunch we had was nice,and the Country banjo show we saw at the end of the tour was funny.The Gold pin you receive is cool too.Those things were good,BUT,the TOUR ITSELF was Lacking.I also would not get excited about seeing Walt's Apartment...You Won't see it.They only talk about it for like 5 min.You NEVER see it.If we did see it and maybe a few other "Private" non public things,THEN the Tour would have been Special.But it was kind of a letdown.

I booked the 50th anniversary tour for next Monday. I'll let you know how it was. We are taking the last one with the fireworks seating.

Enjoy life and great vacations!
Chris

Califgirl said:
I booked the 50th anniversary tour for next Monday. I'll let you know how it was. We are taking the last one with the fireworks seating.

Chris
We have thought about this tour in August. Is the reserved seating a good view? Was it worth it? We're doing Fantasmic balcony seating and my DH thinks the tour is too much. I figure that's why we're staying offsite to afford the extras :wizard:

If this has been answered I am so sorry, but do we know what five rides you get priority seating for?

We enjoyed this tour. We took the last one with the fireworks seating.

In the first tour you go on 5 attractions, Canal Storybook Boats, Pirates, Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, and Buzz lightyear. (That's one attraction for each decade) For the other tours, someone chooses three "decades" out of a hat and you go on the attractions represented by those three decades. You start out by having your group picture taken in front of the "50" flower display in front of the train station. Then you go into the Opera House and see the Disneyland retrospective and film. Interesting history. Then, off you go into Disneyland, enjoying the above attractions and historical tidbits as you go. (Okaay, I don't know if they ever use different attractions for the different decades. If anyone else has taken this tour let me know)

The reserved seating is up the steps of the train station facing the castle. It is a wonderful view of all the fireworks. They also give you a snack of an apple, potato chips, a big cookie and bottled water. (if there was anything else, I forget). They said they will mail us the special pin, so I don't know what that will be.

We enjoyed the tour. One nice change that they have made, is that now each member of the tour gets an earpiece with a reciever so you can hear the guide without her having to yell over the crowd noise. Also, you can hear what the guide says while walking down the street, without being right next to her. It was nice because I finally felt like I didn't miss anything the tour guide said.

Chris

Do you think if I booked the fourth tour, we'd be able to make it over to a reserved balcony desert buffet in time for the second showing of Fantasmic?

Also, which do you think fills up first? If I'm trying to make both ressie for the same night should I start with the Fantasmic desert buffet and then ask about the tour?

Thanks,
Jessica

I know from reading previous posts that this tour has changed to once-daily at 2:00. I'm going to DL next week and scheduled this tour with my Disney Visa (so I got a discounted price -- whoooooohooooooo!), but I'd like to know:
  • Did you get vouchers for the parade seating and the fireworks seating? Are they separate vouchers or is it a question of going for the parade and sitting through the fireworks?
  • Also, how many rides did you ride while on the tour? Or did you simply get FASTPASSES for rides?
  • Did you get the promised PIN?

I've tried to follow all the 50th anniversary tour threads, but I suspect some things may have changed since the initial running of the tour -- especially since it's only offered once a day. Can anyone tell me about their recent experience?

I just did this tour last week and it was fun. It was 2p and we had a group of about 15. We are a family of 5 , me , dh, dd-9, dd-7 and ds-5. We were given the choice of the parade or fireworks viewing. We had done both already but decided that the fireworks would be better. We headed off into Tomorrowland and went on Buzz. After that we walked around and our guide showed us details of the park before our ride on the Storybook Canal Boats. She took us to the counter service by Big Thunder and there was a box snack waiting for us. It included a water, cookie, apple and chips. AFter that we went on Big Thunder, Splash Mountain and finally Pirates. We had a great time and we went to the train station and a nice family from the tour had saved seats for us , we even ran into them the next day at CA. We did get a group photo to keep , the special pin (it is special) and an E ticket souvie book (cool).

I hope I answered your questions, let me know if you have more!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter