• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Disney Visa Offer ($200 g/c)

THERESA522

DIS Veteran
Did anyone else get this offer by snail mail? It says to sign up & if approved, you'll get a $200 g/c after your first purchase. I already have a Disney Visa, but I signed up for another one anyway. I'm just going to wait to see if they reject me as a "new" customer.

I'll take the $200 if I can!!!

I did.

We've got another one in my husbands name but I wanted to get one more credit card in my name only for current credit building purposes so I'm sending it out tomorrow to see what happens.

We had a Disney Visa in my name with my DW as an authorized user. We signed up for a second card in her name just a few weeks ago because of the $200 gift card offer. The gift card came in the mail yesterday and are keeping it safe for our next trip.

I'm such an idiot-I threw my offer away! :confused3 We dont' really use a lot of credit cards, and if we do, we pay them off right away...but now I'm kicking myself!

I just got this again today! We got this offer about 3 months ago....my DH got one and so did I. So we used our cards, each got $200 Disney dollars. :banana: I have to say, I'm kind of tempted to send this in for another $200, but I have this feeling they're going to call and say, "sorry, we didn't mean to send this to you again!" :rotfl:

I'm going to give it some thought though.... what's the worst they can say ? no ? :confused3

Honestly bc of another Disney Visa card thread...I'm thinking you should call and ask if you can get it... for those who didn't get the snail mail offer. Just say you had a friend get it and you want to open a card with that benefit. See where it gets you.

Did anyone else get this offer by snail mail? It says to sign up & if approved, you'll get a $200 g/c after your first purchase. I already have a Disney Visa, but I signed up for another one anyway. I'm just going to wait to see if they reject me as a "new" customer.

It says right on the offer This offer is limited to a one-time reward for new cardmembers and First-time cardmembers only in the first paragraph. It sounds like you already know that.
I'll take the $200 if I can!!!

So you'll apply knowing you don't qualify and hope they don't notice. How ethical of you. :rolleyes1

I'm such an idiot-I threw my offer away! :confused3 We dont' really use a lot of credit cards, and if we do, we pay them off right away...but now I'm kicking myself!

Same here. I shred all offers for CC as they come in and didn't even think about this. Duh.

I received this offer yesterday and was considering applying under DH's name since I already have one. We have good credit, just our mortgage to pay no other loans or credit card debts. Would taking out a new card mean a hit to our credit? As great as the $200 would be for our next trip, I want to make sure it's worth it. Linda :)

Would taking out a new card mean a hit to our credit?

Only if you don't pay it off. When we got a 2nd card in my wife's name to take advantage of the offer I put my card in a drawer and stopped using it. We used 1 card before, we still use 1 card now so it's a wash.

Sometimes your credit score can take a hit for having too much "potential" debt by having multiple cards with big credit lines, even if you don't use them. However a history of timely payments negates that quickly. I wouldn't worry about it if you've been responsible in the past.

I received this offer yesterday and was considering applying under DH's name since I already have one. We have good credit, just our mortgage to pay no other loans or credit card debts. Would taking out a new card mean a hit to our credit? As great as the $200 would be for our next trip, I want to make sure it's worth it. Linda :)

It will all depend debt to credit ratio. I decided to apply for this offer I have 3 other credit cards with no balance and a car loan (DH is alone on the mortgage). My debt to credit ratio 15% so I am all good. I also do not have a lot of inquiries on my credit so that is something else you want to keep in mind. We pay all the credit cards every month.

I have been waiting on this offer for forever!!! I wanted to get one for dd21 too...I even signed her up for disney.com and the dvd planning video....no luck so far. We leave for WDW in 56 days...maybe there will be one in the mail today. Pixie dust please:wizard:

I have 2 disney cards right now (had 3 total, but closed one a month ago) - got $100 statement credit on the one I closed, $150 in rewards on the 2nd one, and the 3rd one just got a $200 gift card in the mail yesterday.

My wife also has 1 card that she got a $150 rewards. So we have $500 for our trip in Sept.

Opening a new account only hits your credit score by 5 pts - should recover within a month.

If Chase is dumb enough to keep sending us invitations/offers in the mail, why not take advantage of them.

You credit score will take a hit for new credit but unless you are planning on needing a car loan or a new mortgage, it will go back up so no harm done.

The biggest thing to hurt your credit is to NOT pay your bills off as they come & having a huge balance on the cards.

If Chase is dumb enough to keep sending us invitations/offers in the mail, why not take advantage of them.

Wow, I wonder how many different ways we could expand on this logic. How about this for starters: next time you go to the grocery store stick a case of beer on the bottom rack of the cart and don't say anything when you go to the register. If the cashier doesn't notice just walk out. If they're dumb enough not to look under the cart why not take advantage of them?

We could probably start an entire thread just on ways to rip off companies by using dodgy methods to get around their policies and take advantage of their stupidity :thumbsup2

Just out of curiousity what will you do if in 6 months or so Chase sends you a letter stating that you applied for multiple gift cards in violation of the terms stated on the offer and they want their money back, plus interest, or they will cancel your cards, demand immediate payment of any outstanding balances and ruin your credit rating? Do you think your claim that they were "dumb enough to send you multiple offers" would hold up in a civil court case?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter