New Disney Visa Discount

She mentioned that this discount may be made to the general public on Thursday (based on history), so others may want to keep an eye out.

"General public" as in non-Disney Visa card holders? If you can expand on your reply, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

"General public" as in non-Disney Visa card holders? If you can expand on your reply, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Her reply was via e-mail, but I took it as meaning non-Disney Visa card holders because she said she would try again for me on Thursday a.m. if the discount was released to the general public.

I got the discount and I am staying at CBR, i dont think it is hotel specific. The only catch was that I had to use my Disney Visa

then how come there was no availability for CSR? :confused3 Do they only allow a certain number of people per resort to use the discount? Should I try again today or tomorrow?

Yes, CSR has the visa discount. Though rooms are booking fast and may not be available for the dates you have selected.

We were booked at CSR Dec 1-9 and received a visa discount of $414

Original price $2589.26
New price $2175.26

I asked to upgrade to a deluxe for our whole stay...none were available...the Poly had absolutely nothing as well as AKL and WL. The CM asked if we would like to do a split stay and stay at CSR and AKL. We jumped on it! And why do you ask?

Price for AKL (dec 1-5), 8 day park hopper, dining plan = $1794.36
Price for CSR (dec 5-9), 1 day base ticket, dining plan = $807.21

Total price paying = $2601.57

Only $13 more than the original price of staying at CSR all week. So we got upgraded to AKL for $13 more for four nights/five days.

To me it is a deal and I am extremely happy.:cheer2: The CM said to keep calling to see if I can get AKL for the whole stay, but I'm kinda happy with staying at 2 resorts. Especially 2 I've never stayed at and have been wanting to!

Keep calling things open up all the time. :goodvibes

Has anyone been turned down yet?

Do they have blocked out dates...or blocked out resorts?

Hi,

Tried to apply the code to my trip Oct 4-14 POP century Dining plan 1 day ticket and there was nothing available :( I tried 2 times with different cast members. Should I try again on Thursday if iy opens to the general public?

Thanks,
Bug

Hi,

Tried to apply the code to my trip Oct 4-14 POP century Dining plan 1 day ticket and there was nothing available :( I tried 2 times with different cast members. Should I try again on Thursday if iy opens to the general public?

Thanks,
Bug

Absolutely!! Who knows if they do or not, but it does not hurt to ask. I'm going to try to upgrade my CSR portion of my stay to Poly. Will it happen, probably not. But no harm in asking.

I called again today and there is still no availability for 10/5-10/14 at CSR but I am going to call again tonight and see what IS available...maybe we will luck out....:wizard:

I had my AAA agent call today and she said there was nothing left for Disney Visa holders. We already have our trip booked and they said there was nothing they could do. I was hoping we would get a little money back but she said no. We are there from Nov 21 - Dec 1 and I think they fact that we switch from a regular season to value in the middle of our stay has something to do with it. She said that we could switch part ways thru our trip perhaps but I am not sure I want to do that with having 5 children to pack up for.
Michele

If the resort you already have booked is not available, try another one. We always give our agent a list of places we might be interested in and she figures out which one has the discount for us.
We got to upgrade to a moderate this time. We're finally going to stay at Riverside. Every time we have booked this resort in the past, we got a code and upgraded to deluxe.
Regarding ShellyL's post, I don't think switching seasons in the middle of your stay has anything to do with it. We switch from value to holiday season in the middle of our stay and it did not matter. It will, however, matter in 2008.

My aunt just got off the phone with WDW reservations and was told the code is only applicable for deluxe resorts (not sure if they meant those were the only options left or what).

Disappointing. I'm thinking of calling myself and using the code to see if I can get it. I'll tell her to try Thursday, too.

I don't think the fact that season's change is the reason they wouldn't do it I think that is something that my agent is hesitant about doing to us. I have never done this and I am not sure how hard it would be. She did say whereever we are we would have to check out and check back in to get the deal. Part of our trip must be a black out date ( the beginning probably is right over Thanksgiving) I had mentioned that we would stay somewhere else and she acted like I was talking in another language. I am not sure what to do. I would love to upgrade but my children were terribly put out when I said we were going to stay somewhere other than POP. I guess I will just cut my loses and stay at POP with the deal we have.
Michele

Hello all - jumping in to clear up a few things. First of all, I got the email and you can book up until Aug 23rd but the general public is going to be given the same codes on the 16th or 17th so before that a disney visa needed to be used for a deposit. That said, they open up rooms all the time and will do so even more the next few days when they open to the public. You need to be on the ball and call a few times a day, most importantly early in the morning.

They are for ALL values, mods and deluxes - it just depends on availability. Min 3 nights to a max of 13 nights. The dates for availability are 9/30 to 11/18 and then again 11/24 to 11/28 and then again 12/08 to 12/23. If your dates are out of these, then you will not get the package prices.

Hope this clears some things up.

By the way, I just got POP tonight from 11/24 to 11/29 for $889.43 including 4 day hoppers for 3 of us! :banana:

I couldn't believe it - on a whim I called today to see if the VISA discount would apply to us. We were only staying 3 nights - Nov 17-20th, 2007 (after our DCL) and I was able to get a discount!

I got 2 rooms with standard view for three nights and 1 days worth of park hopper passes for 6 people (2 adults and 4 kids) for $1300. :banana:

My AAA agent called me today and the best deal she could get me at a moderate (CSV) was $1300 for only 2 days and no tickets!

So it pays to call, even if the ad doesn't seem like it would apply. First my dates were not listed as available on the email from Disney Visa and then I thought I had to have a 5 night stay....but I was wrong! Yipee! :cool1:

Thank you OP! I called last night and saved $450! We were staying at Pop and they said it wasn't available there so I asked if it was available at any other value resort and they said we could choose between Sports and Music. I called my husband and asked if it was OK to switch from Pop and he said "Do you have to ask?!" We were excited about staying at Pop, but for $450, Music is just fine, thank you!

:disrocks:

I would keep checking on POP. I was told it wasn't available on the 14th, called last night and poof, it was available. Keep trying!

I would keep checking on POP. I was told it wasn't available on the 14th, called last night and poof, it was available. Keep trying!

I was giving up hope but I'll keep trying for a discount at CSR! Thanks for the encouragment!

I STILL haven't received an email from Disny Visa notifying me of the discount....wonder if I ever will....(I called the first day and they had no availability, but I'll be fascinated to see if I ever get a notice from Disney Visa.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter