New Disney Theme Park!!!!!

I'd prefer to see Beastly Kingdom; dragons and such.

I think I would prefer an American area with a grizzly bear exhibit. I think the Beastly Kingdomme should be Narnia.

hawkeyesparks said:
I think it would be too cool if WDW would add a park that would totally immerse you in a movie.

For example an entire park made to be like Neverland from Peter Pan, Or Wonderland from Alice in Wonderland.

That would be awesome, to walk and see the kids playing on Hooks ship, or while the kids are playing with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum , The adults are sitting down having a smoke with the Catterpillar.
...only if they invite the Cheshire Cat too!:banana: People come & go very suddenly here...

I think Disney Sea would fit perfectly in Florida, the folks at Sea World would probably scream, they'd probably be finished though if Disney followed the same ideas. As far as a "new world" theme park Disney could use Pochahontes, it would fit perfectly! :)

I'll play the game!!

If there was another park, I would like an old timey type atmosphere, like early 1800's (Regency England) ... or ok maybe later - Victorian times. Just have to sit here and think of rides .... and probably the kids wouldn't like it -- can't you just see people on those big wheeled bikes?

Can you tell I read Regency/Historical/Victorian romance???

Just thought a calmer, quieter park would be nice (more romantic??) ... but I still like the ones they have and also hope they keep on keeping them up -- How could I possibly fit another park in my obsessive planning? :teeth:

I would rather see a 'Classic Disney' area at say MGM or MK. This could include selected movies such as Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs with meet and greets for the people that attend the movie. They could have several showings each day - maybe two or three screens. This could include special areas that are designed as the Mary Poppins era, 7 Dwarfs house, Captain Hooks ship, Pete the Dragon ride, etc. They could stick this behind the Expo Hall or behind toon town at MK or ??? at MGM. This would keep the tradition alive with an the aging crowd. They could even include some of the rides that have been elimintated such as the frogs or timekeeper etc.

I would love to see a Disney Sea in Florida. It would be the sidekick to the AK.

Michele

I'd enjoy an "Vintage" park, too with some of the beloved old much-missed Disney rides. One I particularly miss from Disneyland is Adventure Thru Inner Space (fondly known as "The Molecule Ride") Man, I know it was probably kind of lame, but when I was little it was cool beans and I have so many different stories about that one. And the skyway trams! And Mission to Mars! And the old 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea submarine voyage! (though this is coming back as Finding Nemo submarine next year). Ah...nostalgia. That would be a fun park.

I agree, a villains park would be AWESOME!!
I agree, keeping the existing parks up is a priority!
I agree, as I've said before, underwater life should definately be included at AK
more attractions should be added to MGM
I also think a park devoted entirely to animated features would be cool...with simulators and thrill rides and such? Put some stuff in of toy story, incredibles, monsters Inc., lilo and stitch, the princesses...I don't know, just thinking off the top of my head

keishashadow said:
If they do decide to expand @ WDW, hope they DON'T build an extreme-thrill park, ala Cedar Point.

Park in VA never panned out years ago. Rumors circulating in Wilmington, NC, area - whether a movie studio/resort/park; rapidly expanding tourism area (less than hour from Myrtle Beach metro area).

Just curious where you heard this rumor about wilmington...I live there, and my husband who works for the post office works woth someone who's son was surveying some land in the Green Swamp area supposedly for Disney..but no onw else seems to ever have heard this rumor....

Was mentioned in thread dated 4/24, Disney Land Purchase-North Carolina (I'd post the link but, don't know how :blush: ).

To recap: a "mystery buyer" bought 200 acres of land in Brunswick Co. (where-ever that is?)...near ocean?

Disney's known for using beards/fictious/dba companies to purchase tracts of land, hence the notice I suppose.

Various theories as to whether a new DVC resort or small park would be a better "suspect". Mostly just speculation I'd think; although it was reportedly mentioned on the Intercot site too.

Check it out locally & let us know:thumbsup2 .
Villain-lover said:
Just curious where you heard this rumor about wilmington...I live there, and my husband who works for the post office works woth someone who's son was surveying some land in the Green Swamp area supposedly for Disney..but no onw else seems to ever have heard this rumor....

Okay, I am going to be Bob Iger for a minute and here are my executive decisions!!!

First in MGM we will close Indiana Jones show and make it the ride from California!
We will close Sounds dangerous and make it Monsters Inc from CA (but a little different)
Then we will add a narnia themed area with all new attractions.

Then we will move on to AK and create the beastly kingdom area, that will incorporate all sorts of mythological creatures as well as underwater animals. There is so much great room here for ideas and rides that incorporate these things! Hercules attraction, dragon mountain, etc

And finally I would hands down create a villain park! The possibilities there are HUGE! I would not have it go the ways of IOA, with nothing but thrill rides, instead it would have a few thrill rides, but also great themed attractions the whole family could enjoy together ,also nothing too scary!
Off the top of my head, I would love an attraction with Hades from Hercules, or a 101 dalmations with Cruella!

Okay, Im done, back to bein Minky

Not sure about another park, but I think Animal Kingdom really needs an aquarium. Especially with Finding Nemo coming to AK, it would be a great time to introduce sea life to the park.

It doesn't have to be a full-fledged sea park like Sea World, but just something where people can see marine life, sorta like the Living Seas, but a little grander.

Plus, Animal Kingdom definitely needs more "cooling off" places and an aquarium would be a perfect cooling off place.

Cannot_Wait_4Disney said:
I would like to see them add Australia and New Zealand to Animal Kingdom. They could put it between Africa and Camp Minnie Mickey

That is exactly what I was thinking! That would be such a great idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter