New "Disney Store"?

I stopped by the one at the Mall of America last week and that one was closed for remodeling also. Was told it would re-open in Mid October. I was bummed as I wanted to get some Disney Dollars. I guess I can wait our trip isn't until Feb.

HIiiiiiiiiiiiiii,

the new dis store looked girly when I passed it (no micky.no donald,and no cool train thingy circling the store.) I was in a rush so i didn't take a good look at it...
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Captain Hook said:
I have been to the Disney store in Trumbull. I wasn't overly impressed with the store. New streamlined look and not an abundent character conection. Clothes for all ages and great prices with merchindise geared to 4- 10 year old girls. Check out Jim Hill's review:http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=1612

Wow - I really wanted to check out the Trumbull store this past weekend but didn't get the opportunity....now, I'm not sure that I want to go! They did a good job but I would feel out of place!

were gettin a new one in depford.....i really hope they have adult clothing cuz umm that place is like my #3 place to shop!!! I did very much like the sale right be fore we went to disney though......i got some cute stuff for there. Pray for adult clothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the idea of dressing rooms! I managed TDS for three years and I saw way too many naked kids because the parents would undress them in the middle of the store. :confused3 It took us a long fight to even get a mirror in one of my stores and now they will have fitting rooms. Big improvement!

The new Disney Store just opened last week at Ross Park Mall in Pittsburgh. I LOVE the Mickey Sorcerer in the center of the store!!

They have adult T-Shirts 2 for $20, and really cute new mugs 2 for $12

It is probably a temp. location, while the old spot is getting the new Mickey makeover...
The new Disney Store at the Burlington Maill moved to the location of another store and didn't remodel -- it just occupied the empty space. The old Disney Store space has been completely remodeled and is now a Champs sporting goods store. They may be later moving to a new, remodeled location, but they're not moving back to their old location.

I have to agree with the other posters, I've been to the Trumbull Disney store a couple of times since it was re-done......Seems like it's kind of empty. Mind you, I'm glad to not have to push through racks of things just to get around, but there didn't seem to be much stuff there, and I have 2 girls! The Mickey entryway is pretty cool, but that was the best part!

I live in the midwest-IL and our disney store in the mall got new carpet over night--1/2 the store had the new plain blue carpet....i assume the rest will be done another night- everything else was the same. :confused3 :confused3

Donnica said:
I was in a "new" Disney Store last night in Burlington MAss. It had moved from the very nice store downstairs to what looked like an area that had been through the wringer! The carpet was a disgusting mess, old and all stained. The stuff in the store was just on shelves as if it was a bad Kay Bee store. It surely shouldn't be able to, in any way, represent the Disney name.
The Burlington Disney Store is just a temporary location. They lost the lease in the old store and this was the only space available at the time. They are hoping to get a permenent spot after the holidays. I have talked to the cast there and they are certainly doing the best they can considering the circumstances. I can assure you that they are as eager as the customers to get out of that spot and into a new one.

I live in NY and our original "Disney Store" on 5th Avenue went under renovation last year and re-opened as "The World of Disney", very similar to the one in Downtown Disney. The windows surrounding the store and all on the outside there are Disney Statues and video clips... The store offers all the regular Disney store merchandise but now also offers merchandise from the Disney Parks. And it has a miniture Goofy Candy Station. I love the store on 5th! I feel like I'm in Downtown Disney (until I walk back outside into the famous NYC traffic and lights!). But it's great, and I love it around Christmas time, they really dress it up!

Disney Girlie-Wirlie said:
I live in NY and our original "Disney Store" on 5th Avenue went under renovation last year and re-opened as "The World of Disney", very similar to the one in Downtown Disney.
"The World of Disney" store in New York is still part of The Walt Disney Company.

The other Disney Stores discussed in this thread are now owned by The Children's Place Retail Stores, Inc.

Hello everyone,
Well, this much I can tell you. The Disney Store is no longer owned by Disney..the company that now owns "The Disney Store" is the same company that owns The Children's Place. This buyout took place sometime last year.
Disney stores will still carry Disney merchandise BUT, they might not have the same stuff that is listed in the cataloge. That is still owned by Disney..now lovingly called "Disney Direct".
SOOOO, just because you see it in the cataloge dosen't mean you will find it in the stores.
I also found that the Disney store merchandise is starting to be more reasonable.
..just my thoughts.... :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter