New Disney Resorts promo video?

dotcomgirl

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me if they have seen a new Disney Resorts promotional video that has something in it along the lines of "Who You'll Meet" where it shows different Disney characters like Lightning McQueen zooming down the street? I think what I'm looking for is likely part of the Disney Resort info loop shown in WDW hotel rooms on one of the TV channels.

Here's why I want to know...

On 10/19 we were leaving Lights Motors Action and headed towards Sci Fi at HS when some guys with professional video cameras were asking people if they'd like to be in a video. We were initially like, "weird" but then one of the guys actually spotted my friend's 1st visit button and said, "Come on guys! It's her 1st visit! You can't miss an opportunity like this!" He explained that they were filming a scene for a Disney Resorts video and they needed about 20-30 people to be in the shot.

They lined us all up behind the "police" barriers at the New York scene and told us what to do. We were supposed to pretend Lightning McQueen was driving slowly down the street in front of us. We were to cheer for him and then Lightning would take off accelerating down the street, and we had to flip our heads to follow and go "Whoaaaaaaa!"

I'd really like to see how the shot turned out! So if anyone sees something like this, please let me know! And if anyone is able to record it on their phone video camera, I'd love to see it! Thanks!

How wonderful! I'm surprised they didn't tell you what it was for so you could watch for it! :goodvibes

I know! And I'm kicking myself for not inquiring further at the time. :(

Don't worry too much about that.

I can tell you for sure that the crew shooting the footage wouldn't know
which scenes (if any) they were recording would make the final cut.

And, they just as likely may not even know for which project (or projects) the footage would ultimately be used.

This happened to my husband, daughter and me. We were in Hollywood Studios on October 27th. We had just finished having a snack outside The Great Movie Ride when we were approached to be in a commercial. They pulled in about 15 other people. We were told it was for the resorts. I would love to see it, if they actually used it! ;)

mvazul said:
This happened to my husband, daughter and me. We were in Hollywood Studios on October 27th. We had just finished having a snack outside The Great Movie Ride when we were approached to be in a commercial. They pulled in about 15 other people. We were told it was for the resorts. I would love to see it, if they actually used it! ;)

Cool! What did they have you guys do?

dotcomgirl said:
Can anyone tell me if they have seen a new Disney Resorts promotional video that has something in it along the lines of "Who You'll Meet" where it shows different Disney characters like Lightning McQueen zooming down the street? I think what I'm looking for is likely part of the Disney Resort info loop shown in WDW hotel rooms on one of the TV channels.

Here's why I want to know...

On 10/19 we were leaving Lights Motors Action and headed towards Sci Fi at HS when some guys with professional video cameras were asking people if they'd like to be in a video. We were initially like, "weird" but then one of the guys actually spotted my friend's 1st visit button and said, "Come on guys! It's her 1st visit! You can't miss an opportunity like this!" He explained that they were filming a scene for a Disney Resorts video and they needed about 20-30 people to be in the shot.

They lined us all up behind the "police" barriers at the New York scene and told us what to do. We were supposed to pretend Lightning McQueen was driving slowly down the street in front of us. We were to cheer for him and then Lightning would take off accelerating down the street, and we had to flip our heads to follow and go "Whoaaaaaaa!"

I'd really like to see how the shot turned out! So if anyone sees something like this, please let me know! And if anyone is able to record it on their phone video camera, I'd love to see it! Thanks!

That's awesome!

I must not be media-ready...because I've narrowly missed being in newspaper shots twice, and was THIS close to being on the local news. :rolleyes2

It sounds like one of those things where they will add in the real animation later for a commercial :thumbsup2

Cool! What did they have you guys do?

They had all of us stand in a group and say, "Hollywood Studios!! Where I can be a star!!" Then we had to cheer and do "jazz hands". :rotfl: And keep doing it while they panned the camera to get a close-up of each of us. They also had a sign. Our daughter was asked to hold it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter