New Disney Parks opening???

purplebelle

DIS Veteran
Hey all,
I'll be going to my 1st visit of Animal Kingdom. I'm not a huge fan of the zoo (or animals all that much) but hope I like it. I hear the Dino ride is great.

Anyway, has anyone heard about WDW opening up new parks besides MK, Epcot, MGM and AK? Maybe within the next 10 years??? I haven't heard anything myself, but it seems Disney is always growing, so who knows... Any possible expansion? (Maybe new resorts too?) ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

As for a new park within the next 10 years, rumors have fizzled. There was talk of a Villians themed park, but nothing new has been heard in quite some time. (and if a new park were anything like DCA, maybe that is a good thing!)
As for resorts, Disney will be building a new DVC resort themed after Saratoga Springs, New York.

Here is a quote from a speech by Jay Rasulo on 10/8/03, regarding future parks:

This slide, which graphs domestic theme park attendance by year, illustrates that during the past decade and a half our industry has grown primarily through massive expansion of capacity - the addition of new parks. We have been active participants in that expansion, particularly during the past five years. But this period of rapid expansion in domestic capacity has ended so our strategy has fundamentally shifted. We have no plans to open any domestic theme parks within the next several years; instead we will focus on building our position as market leader and realizing returns on the extensive global asset base we developed during the past several years.

Basically, that means no more parks.

everything may have been put on hold for now but i remember seeing a TV show (think it was WDI Imagineering Travel Channel or it may have been the WDW one) but they did say they know exactly where the new parks will be and that they have planned a total of 7 full theme parks for WDW. when and where these 3 other parks will get built is anyones guess.

I think they are concentrating on the current parks now. Theres just not enough demand for a new park at this moment.

Anyway slightly off topic, I was searching the internet about the various architects that have worked for disney (im doing an essay for uni) and i came across Antonie Predocks website. He's the one who did Hotel Santa Fe at Disneyland paris.
Anyway there is a Mediterranean Hotel for WDW with pics of a model and all. It looks really cool.

heres the link

http://www.predock.com/med6.html

Isn't California Adventure a new park in Anaheim(sp??).. so are we talking 4 parks in Orlando and then 2 parks in Anaheim... well, that makes 6 parks.

Or did you mean 7 parks for Disney World in Orlando?

They have land for a max of 7 parks, but I doubt that they'll ever add more than 5.

On an Disney earnings call a year or so ago Michael Eisner said, in response to an analyst question, that it would be "irresponsiblie" to consider a 5th gate at Disney World. The stats on attendance are down right now... and as fantastic as AK is (one of my favorite parks), attendance is in decline (reference: PwC Media & Entertainment Report).

If I had my wish come true it would be Disney's TokyoSea re-created somewhere in the US... I've had the good fortune, due to business travel, to visit DisneySea three times... without question the most beautiful and exquisite park ever created by Imagineering (footnote: only people who have been to DisneySea in person are authorized to debate this point!! and those who haven't - plan a trip to Tokyo!)

There have been recent rumors of a Tokyo DisneySea type park on the West Coast (Long Beach) to coincide with a new DCL ship at that location, but it sounds more like wishful thinking. Another rumor that seems more likely to become reality is the possibility of a water park near Disneyland, but not for several years.

It would be good..Actually I would like to see them make different shows of some of the already made attractions..like maybe have 2 different shows of It's tough to be a bug or The muppets show and anything else that can offer more than one show for a change
:smooth:

to visit DisneySea three times... without question the most beautiful and exquisite park ever created by Imagineering (footnote: only people who have been to DisneySea in person are authorized to debate this point!! and those who haven't - plan a trip to Tokyo!)
Please don't say that. My favourite internet pass-time is listening to people who haven't been to TDS criticize it. They are very entertaining! I have been and I agree with you completely.

Personally, I don't want a fifth park. Four is enough to handle. I'd like to see more attractions in the existing parks - an attraction for each country in WS, doing something with 20,000 lagoon, more rides in AK and D-MGM.

Want a new park.

How many of you know about the new park being built in Hong Kong ready in 2005 !

Also they are looking at building another park in Beijing China.

I visit HK usually about every 2 years so I will try and bee a first time visitor and mabe give a trip report ;)

Links to info are

Hong Kong Park

Beijing Park

I would be interested in knowing if anyone else would be planning a visit !!

I remember back to my 1994 trip, one of my Disney Transportation bus operators told me about how Disney had plans to create three more parks in Walt Disney World, one of which was Animal Kingdom. But the world is very different in 2004 than it was in 1994. While I believe there are pie in the sky plans for other parks for the future, I sincerely doubt that we will see any plan begin to be implemented any time in the next ten years. Of course, if miracles of miracles happen and we enter a huge boom economically all bets are off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter