New Disney park in Branson?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by Dis13, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Dis13

Dis13 Mouseketeer

Surprised no one has posted this yet. Very interesting... but Branson????????
    Has anyone ever been?

From the News-Leader, Springfield, MO:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We had a similar rumor posted about a week ago for a place in Tenn. I seriously doubt this will happen. There are lots of these rumors speculating about various places around the country. I suspect most are wishful thinking, with a dash of land speculators thrown in.

4. Microcell

Microcell <font color=red>No, no,no, those red signs with th

MY DH called and told me that! I guess I will stay in Kansas City if there is a park 4 hours away from us! :banana: :banana:

The winters should be interesting there though!

5. DancingBear

DancingBear DIS Veteran

The filing thing is interesting (and true, BTW). If this really is Disney, seems like pretty sloppy work if you're trying to keep something secret. If it isn't Disney, the filing could be a pretty clever piece of fraud--file something, allow it to be "discovered," and then cash in on the sale of some adjoining property that becomes the subject of related land speculation.

6. Microcell

Microcell <font color=red>No, no,no, those red signs with th

I wonder if the acrage sizes are the same for Hong Kong Disney, Paris Disney etc...

That is a hilly area there and lots of work to be done to level it out enough to build a large scale park. I just don't know that 100 acres for the park alone is big enough for a Disney park.

7. DancingBear

DancingBear DIS Veteran

Magic Kingdom is about 100 acres.

8. OKW Lover

Good point. The MK alone at WDW is just under 100 acres if I recall correctly.

9. mommeoftwin

mommeoftwin Earning My Ears

I just heard on our local news that Disney may be building a new park in Branson Mo. They said it would include a theme park, 27 rides, 6 stage shows, 18 restaurants and 6 hotels. PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE!!!!!!

10. perd

perd DIS Veteran

I live in Kansas City and the local news is reporting that Disney bought 1000 acres near Branson and that Branson has requested money for road construction into and out of a park that will include rides, restaurants and hotels. Disney is not commenting. Hmmm....Apparently a Springfield, Missouri contractor is involved.

I looked on the news website of the news station I keep hearing it on (KCTV5.com) so I could link a story here, but I can't find a story. But I have heard it twice now on the news, last night and this morning.

11. disneyjunebug

disneyjunebug Three greatest guys in the world: Bill Nye, Micke

It might be...

I know that several years ago (I can't remember how many, but I know it was more than 10) Disney had plans on building "mini" parks around different parts of the country at already established tourist areas. The only definite plans that were announced were for a mini-park near Manasas, VA, but those were scrapped when there was a public outcry about commercializing the historic area.

I had heard through several sources (both in Disney and in local government) that Disney had bought about 1000-1500 acres around Gatlinburg to build one of the "mini" parks, with a theme of Appalachia, etc. Again, these rumors there were initially started over 10 years ago, but they continue even today. It would definitely give Dollywood a run for the money!

12. OKW Lover

13. MJMcBride

MJMcBride Barely lost is barely found

These rumors pop up all the time. Disney has reportedly bought property in Texas about 8000 times. I'll believe it when Disney has the press conference

14. MJMcBride

MJMcBride Barely lost is barely found

i believe it when Disney makes it official. Disney would own the actual state of texas if you believed every rumor that bought property there.

15. perd

perd DIS Veteran

16. Dancemom

Dancemom Earning My Ears

I live in the St. Louis area and 2 of our news stations are reporting this also.
    Disney is not commenting. This rumour has been floating around for quite awhile but this is the first time the news has picked it up.

Cheryl

17. happygirl

happygirl DIS Veteran

I live in Branson, and I havn't heard anything lol

If they did buy land my guess it would be some sort of hotel

18. perd

perd DIS Veteran

The plans include three 300-room hotels and three 400-room hotels - per the article above.

From the article:

"A document submitted to the county commission listed the proposed fun park as including 95 shops, 27 rides, 12 stages, 18 restaurants, three 300-room hotels and three 400-room hotels. The park itself would encompass 100 acres, as well as a 100-acre parking lot accommodating 9,000 vehicles.

Construction cost of those elements is estimated at $1.1 billion and would involve two years for completion.

Another $600 million in a second building phase would finance the construction of four additional 1,000-room hotels, 65 villas and 50 more acres of parking."

And they state 100 acres but later in the article they say 1000 acres. Our local news says 1000 acres. Obviously 100 acres is not enough for all that stuff so must be a mistake in the article. Hacks me off that journalism students are not taught as well as they used to be. You never woulda seen a mistake like that in an article in days gone by. Don't they have copy editors anymore?

19. I'mNoPrince

I'mNoPrince <font color=darkorchid>AlterEgo tmt martins<br><fo

The news will run anything Disney related as it will sell big time and have people tuned in.

Yes they might have purchased it and yes they might be looking into the Urban Entertainment centers that were in my Stockholders book I was sent.

20. bookgirl2632

bookgirl2632 DIS Veteran

My guess is a DVC property. DVC properties in tourist areas would make sense for Disney. I highly doubt they'd be building more parks in the U.S. DL and WDW are enough.

21. perd

perd DIS Veteran

Did you read the plans? 27 rides, 18 restaurants, 6 hotels, 1000 acres.