New Disney Park Announced Super Bowl?

IF this were to prove true, I'd speculate it would be the long negotiated Shanghai Park.

But it's just a SWAG on my part.

Why would Disney (and how) make an announcement during the SuperBowl which is being broadcast on CBS this year?

I'm not buying it, the Texas rumor is where the Superbowl date came into play. I heard it fourth hand (source, friend of friend, friend of that friend, friend) that it was going to be in Sanger TX. Source was a banker with alleged to be in on some end of the deal. His words were "its (TX Disney)a done deal"

As a resident of Texas I would be opposed to a competing park in our state. THat being said, if it was another type of attraction/resort I would like that.

Disney is supposedly premiering the Pirates of Caribbean 3: At Worlds End Trailer during the SuperBowl. I saw that on TV Guide online. Aren't they expanding in Hong Kong?

Not true. I've seen several articles on-line that specifically state the the trailer for POTC: AWE will NOT be broadcast during the Super Bowl. In general, the studios are avoiding the Super Bowl to show their trailers this year.

Not true. I've seen several articles on-line that specifically state the the trailer for POTC: AWE will NOT be broadcast during the Super Bowl. In general, the studios are avoiding the Super Bowl to show their trailers this year.

Well that stinks. What's taking them so long? There's stuff coming out in June & July with trailers already.

Perhaps this is what he was talking about. It's west of Animal Kingdom. I did read a rumor that they were going to put another park, but I don't think it's true.

From Orlando Sentinel:

Reedy Creek Improvement District filed paperwork Thursday seeking state permission to clear and excavate a small part of a 330-acre site at the interchange of the new State Road 429 expressway and Disney’s Western Way entrance road.

This fall, unconfirmed Internet reports pinpointed the area as a future Disney hotel, condominium, shopping and dining district known as the “Western Beltway Development.” Disney officials would not discuss plans for the site, and until now would not acknowledge a “Western Beltway Development” exists.
The Western Beltway sounds more logical. <b>
animal%20kingdom%20lodge%20-%20Google%20Maps.jpg

In that shareholder bulletin website a couple of weeks ago, where they gave details about the Toy Story ride coming to MGM, they had a picture about a FIFTH park. I took this to mean WDW because none of the other properties have four.

Does anyone really think that Disney will spend $2.6 million for 30 seconds on the Super Bowl to announce anything that wouldn't be open for business for many years? And why would Disney pay that kind of money when a simple press release and media package would get far more publicity for free?

And that's not even addressing the issue of whether Disney will ever develop a third major presence in the United States.

In that shareholder bulletin website a couple of weeks ago, where they gave details about the Toy Story ride coming to MGM, they had a picture about a FIFTH park. I took this to mean WDW because none of the other properties have four.
Where did you see "a FIFTH park" in a shareholder bulletin?

This page in the 2006 Disney annual report shows a rendering with the caption, "Concept for new Disney theme park." But I didn't see anything about a fifth park, or a Texas park, or another US park... or even that it was anything more than a pretty concept rendering.

Maybe you have missed the last 20 Superbowls but Disney has always had a deal where the winning QB says, "I am going to Disneyland". I am not saying that the rumor of them building a new theme park in Frisco is true, but please consider it possible. There is a park on the east coast, one on the west coast, so why would they not put one in the middle of the country? Consider middle of the country cities like Chicago, Denver, Kansas City and then Dallas. Dallas has the warmest climate of any of them which would let them stay open year round. Dallas is a prime location.

Where did you see "a FIFTH park" in a shareholder bulletin?

This page in the 2006 Disney annual report shows a rendering with the caption, "Concept for new Disney theme park." But I didn't see anything about a fifth park, or a Texas park, or another US park... or even that it was anything more than a pretty concept rendering.

I could have sworn that it said fifth. I have a distinct recolection, but that link proves it erroneous. Oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter