New Disney owned park in Texas

Bran

Earning My Ears
I just found the following article on a local community website. Does anyone know if this is legit or not? TIA

THE WOODLANDS, Texas – The Woodlands real estate community received a much needed boost this week when the Township announced that they closed on the sale of 1,300 acres to The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) for a planned Texas-themed attraction.

The land sale abuts the Spring Creek Greenway north of the newly developed Village of Creekside park, and would remain largely forested even after development, according to Township officials.

A new Texas-themed park, tentatively identified as “Frontierland Texas” could open as early as 2013, according to sources close to the negotiations. It would be Disney’s first new greenfield park construction
project in the US since 1971. Currently Disney operates theme parks in Florida and California in the United States, as well as parks in Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong.

“Our vision for The Woodlands is to serve as a world-class convention and visitor destination, and this partnership with Disney is one more step in that direction,” said Fran Price of the Woodlands Convention and Visitors Bureau. “We look forward to bringing the Disney Magic to America’s Hometown.”

Walt Disney Company officials were not immediately available for comment.

Both parties were characteristically tight-lipped during the negotiations, which have been rumored to be ongoing for several years. Only when the agreement had been signed and papers filed with Montgomery County officials did sources close to the deal go public.

A joint news conference hosted by The Woodlands Township Board of Directors and officials of The Walt Disney Company is slated for Monday morning at the Woodlands Waterway Marriott. Architectural drawings of the theme park attraction are expected to be unveiled.

I found it today on a local community website. I dont post on it, just check it out sometimes. It was posted today but I did not see a date on the article. I stay pretty busy and dont get much computer time to myself, all the kids are with grandparents today and was just sorta surfing checking stuff out and found it. I got excited and wanted a quick answer! I figured this was the best way to find out. I sure hope is not a joke or something. It would be awesome if true!

I found source of the "news" here:

http://woodlandsrealestatenews.blogspot.com/

It seems pretty darn unlikely that Disney sent a press release ONLY to one little blog. And it seems even more unlikely that the mainstream press somehow missed this monumental news entirely.

It's a well-written fake press release. It was posted on March 31 -- probably right before the beginning of April Fool's Day.

This should be 10 post. I will try to post the link to where I found the article next.

This immediately smells fishy, of course, even if it weren't around April 1st.

From http://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx

Posted on: April 1, 2011
Yes, April 1 is April Fool's Day…
Thank you for visiting The Woodlands Township Web site. If you have read news about The Woodlands Township on other sites and want to confirm its truth, please check the news links on this page, or call The Woodlands Township at 281-210-3800.

There do not appear to be any news links posted for March 31, the supposed date of this news release.

I bet the Woodlands will be getting lots of calls tomorrow to find out if it is true or not. PLEASE BE TRUE...I am already updating my resume just in case. There had to be a reason we moved to Houston 28 yrs ago. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: It isn't nice to tease people about the possiblity of a Disney park this close.

I bet the Woodlands will be getting lots of calls tomorrow to find out if it is true or not. PLEASE BE TRUE...I am already updating my resume just in case. There had to be a reason we moved to Houston 28 yrs ago. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: It isn't nice to tease people about the possiblity of a Disney park this close.
It's not true.

The blog that originally posted the story now admits it was an April Fools joke (see the April 3 update):

Click on http://woodlandsrealestatenews.blogspot.com/

No it has to be true!!!::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::
it would be soo cool! course there are always rumors, shoot there has even been one that there would be a Disney type park up in Frisco, TX too..
guess we will just have to wait to see:confused:

I'm surprised we didn't get more "I just heard Disney is buying up land in INSERTHERE to open a new theme park..." Maybe we are just immune...

The idear of a didney park in texas is sillier than a rattler wearin' spurs and driving a mustang to the funeral parlor...

translation: STOP!!! with this stupidity!

They may build a resort but there is zero chance that there will ever be a park.

It would still make a lot more sense than a 5th gate at WDW. But that's not saying much.

I could certainly see a resort, especially if it's near the Gulf to pair with a DCL port of call.

It would still make a lot more sense than a 5th gate at WDW. But that's not saying much.

I could certainly see a resort, especially if it's near the Gulf to pair with a DCL port of call.

It would make no sense IMO all it would do is decrease DL an WDW attendance why go to WDW when there is one in Texas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter