• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Disney Cruise Line ships that should be built

Tonka's Skipper said:
Agreeed, or they wait until the Magic and Wonder are a bit older, 2 replacement vessel are coming along and send the classics to the far east and Aussie lands!

AKK

Maybe even brazil!

Couple of things Id do, is to tweak the design of the Dream class with some of the beter Magic class designs.

1. either make the pool bigger or add another pool depending on stability.
2. Id rearrange the elevators to where the aft elevator doesnt open into Cabanas, but infront of it like on the Magic class.
3, Id go back to the lines of the Magic to where the new ships dont look like floating ibeams.
4. Keeping up with elevators have the foward elevator open out of the adult area, and rearrange the adult area to where everyone can get a panaramic view. Maybe do something like Carnival where theres an island around a funnel where concierge or adults can go and still get a view of the ocean with the breeze.

As for size, I might go bigger then the Dream class, but smaller then the Allure/Oasis since historically, the Port Canaveral ship fill long before the other ports ships. This would free the Dream and Fantasy, to help promote other ports.

Having heard Karl Holtz say there is no new build in the plans, I think you will be waiting a long time before you see another new DCL sip or ships. DCL is very conservative when ot comes to new builds.

From Bob Igers mouth during the Fantasys inuag, there was no new builds or any other major cash expenditures for DCL or the parks in the near future.Other then what was already in the works as far as rehabs,park additions etc that had already been announced. It was also in the news that DIsney was being reigned in on spending by the major investors.
Out of the blue, Disney bought out Lucas Films. I think things change sooner then we think and new ships may not be that far off.

Also on the Dream and Fantasy, the family deck area on deck 13 is kinda a waste of space! I was walking up there, and all there was were a few adults taking pics and laying out, they could maybe put a adult only area up there or another pool, or even a wave pool LOL. But the problem is that the concierge rooms and lounge and extra spa rooms are all underneath so it can't be an under deck pool.

That's true on Dream, but it was changed on Fantasy. Deck 13 is an adult only area with the satellite falls pool. It's just a waiting pool, but it was actually my favorite place to hang out. It was very peaceful up there.

boogabuzz said:
That's true on Dream, but it was changed on Fantasy. Deck 13 is an adult only area with the satellite falls pool. It's just a waiting pool, but it was actually my favorite place to hang out. It was very peaceful up there.

Also add more elevators mid, aft, and forward to help congestion. That was annoying

I'd like to see some smaller ships; more classic design, that could do more exotic itineraries and go into smaller ports. Most of the ships like that are more adult geared and not suited for families. The amenities would have to be scaled back a bit, but they could create a more boutique-but-still-family-friendly vibe. Maybe a ship like this could do Asia, Eastern med, Baltics, or even just the smaller, more out of the way Caribbean islands.

Like the Oasis or Allue...

These first two responses cracked me up b/c they couldn't have been more different ;)! I'd like to see Disney tackle something like the Oasis/Allure sisters. We sailed on Oasis in September, and it was truly amazing. I could only imagine how cool it could be if some imagineers got a hold of it :thumbsup2! I know it probably won't happen, but a girl can dream :goodvibes. --Katie

ekatiel said:
These first two responses cracked me up b/c they couldn't have been more different ;)! I'd like to see Disney tackle something like the Oasis/Allure sisters. We sailed on Oasis in September, and it was truly amazing. I could only imagine how cool it could be if some imagineers got a hold of it :thumbsup2! I know it probably won't happen, but a girl can dream :goodvibes. --Katie

Haha! Yea well anything is possible, but they will need to make either more ships, or bigger ships to supply more customers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter