• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Discounts 8-16-10

Thanks for the info. I hope the room % off discount includes the Dec dates that were blacked out (Pop Warner) for those of us who didn't get the FD extension offer.

Anyone know if it's normal for AKL & WL to not be the same offer rate as the other deluxe resorts, kind of odd but I can see it since the rates are cheaper at both.

Fingers crossed. I'll be on the phone at 6:58am to change our ressie.

I don't why they are not including AKL and WL as deluxes in this promo, last year we got 40% off with a room only discount at WL the week before christmas. I know they are not that expensive if u compare them to poly or GF but still they are deluxes.

I don't why they are not including AKL and WL as deluxes in this promo, last year we got 40% off with a room only discount at WL the week before christmas. I know they are not that expensive if u compare them to poly or GF but still they are deluxes.

How do we know they are not offering WL or AKL in the promo? Did I miss something?

How do we know they are not offering WL or AKL in the promo? Did I miss something?

The statement was taken from the original RUMOR. The RUMOR put the WL and AKL in with the value resort discount range. I'm not sure if I believe it or not. I guess we will see tomorrow.

Just wondering if the free dining is going to be quick service or basic dining plan for the mods...... if it is just quick service then maybe we should be booking a deluxe to get the free dining? so confused! I know we will not know anything until it is released but I am just thinking ahead of "what if" scenarios!

I just figured out the same thing for myself and my daughter at WL. Even 40% off doesn't equal what we would spend in two meals a day.

Is this for a deluxe resort.

Last year I figured we saved money buying the DELUXE dining and hitting all the shows etc that cost 2 units while taking the 40% room discount.

There MUST be some truth to the 'rumor' because I tried getting prices on the WDW site and it's temporarily down due to maintenance. You can get prices for rooms only but I couldn't add park tickets and/or dining... My October trip falls within the blackout dates so I'm so excited that I might get FREE dining!!!

A free dining offer would mean an upgrade to a moderate for us! *fingers crossed*

I do have a question tho, let's say that the rumor about the free dining is true and our family decided to upgrade, can I call and have the hotels switched over the phone, or do I have to call to have them cancel one package and create another?

I think I would always take a room discount over free dining. I just cannot imagine spending that kind of money on dining - but I know many enjoy it. We try to eat a good breakfast and then eat at a TS between 2 and 4. Then just grab snacks the rest of the day or something back at the hotel. We split some items - hubby and I do anyway - not my boys. Takes too long to eat in my sons' opinions - they would rather be out doing stuff than waiting to eat. Hope you get what you want in these discounts...but I want a nice room discount!!!!:yay:

'Ya know, I always thought it was just me, but I've done the math and I think we too are better off with a room discount. There are three of us, DH, DD16 and me. A lot of the time DD and I split a meal because it's just so much food. And we make a grocery store stop and pick up breakfast foods to eat in the room each morning with usually the exception of one character breakfast.

I just checked the special offers page and everything is gone except the summer savings baner at the top. All of the dates and details have been removed. Mabye they are updating!!

We are going May7-14 at POP, Free Dining would be the best discount for us.

Brooke:)

BRING ON THE DISCOUNTS:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

I have been crunching numbers too. We do not like eating out every meal and are hoping for 2 bed villa. We will eat out a couple of meals and then take simple things to cook and eat in the room. We are hoping for 40% but would take larger discount for the last week in Jan. This almost seems like the night before Christmas doesn't it. At least it is for me, I know what I want Santa to bring just waiting to see if it is under the tree in the morning.

:woohoo:

At deluxes even a 20 - 25% discount can be better than free dining. Depending on # and age of people in party.

I'm on the Disney site now and it will let you price out packages again (it wouldn't let me earlier). There are no new offers on there yet.

I'm on the Disney site now and it will let you price out packages again (it wouldn't let me earlier). There are no new offers on there yet.
I'm still getting a blank first page with just the banner. I don't even get the box on the front page to enter your dates.

So there is no possibility they will be offering the discounts for May in this run is there? We are staying mid may 11'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter