***NEW***Dinner reviews 02/19-02/25 *Dining Plan* w/ PICS

bltz

Pirate In Training
So here's the run down so far folks.

02/19 - Lunch: Paradiso 37 - Dinner: Beaches and Cream
02/20 - Lunch: Old Port Royale - Dinner: Wolfgang Puck Express
02/21 - Lunch: Sunset Ranch Market/Catalina Eddie's - Dinner: Narcoosee's
02/22 - Lunch: La Cantina de San Angel - Dinner: Chefs de France
02/23 - Breakfast: Mad Hatter Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare - Lunch: Good's Food to Go - Dinner: Kona Cafe
02/24 - Lunch: Tangierine Cafe - Dinner: Tokyo Dining
02/25 - Lunch: Tortuga Tavern - Dinner: Cape May Cafe

Cast of Characters:

ME: :stitch:
AMANDA: :hmghost:
DAD (DD): :tigger:
MOM (DM): :maleficen

Leaving tonight :) Speak soon.

Seriously looking forward to this. Haven't seen any reviews from Paradiso 37 lately.

Who was there: ME :stitch: AMANDA :hmghost: MOM :maleficen DAD :tigger:

Amanda and i arrived in dis today, quite early. By the time we got off the Magical Express, and dropped off our bags, and met my parents, we were ready for lunch. We had decided to do two mean OOP today in order to bank credits for special meals later in the week.

We tend to frequent the same places year after year (if it ain't broke, don't fix it mentality) but i wanted to try a couple new things this year. Maybe just to stretch our culinary legs a bit.

One of the places i had researched was Paradiso 37. As my mother and i tend not to eat gluten (a sensitivity, not celiacs), we love latin food. So easy to get a great meal without any of that pesky wheat flour getting in the way.

We arrived at Paradiso 37 around 12:30p, with no ADR, and were seated right away. As we had just arrived, and has escaped the briskness that is Southern Ontario, we opted to sit outside. Unfortunately, little flying black bugs were rampant today and they kindly moved us inside.

I was impressed with the menu right away. I was also impressed with the fact that the server knew her Gluten free options! This hardly ever happens anywhere at home..."uhm, i have to get the manager" or simply a blank stare greets us when we ask about a Gluten free menu....Anyway she ran down some of the things we could change on some dishes, as well as the things that were legit sans Gluten.

Mom and i decided to try the Sangria, which the server highly recommended. Red for Mom, white for me. It was fantastic!

DSC_4391.jpg

Amanda and Dad had Sprite and beer...wimps.

On to the main course~!

Amanda and i both chose the Chicken Enchiladas. They came with black beans and cilantro rice. Sour cream and guacamole were extra charges, but deemed necessary.

DSC_4395.jpg

These were great! Now, you do get a lot of rice and a lot of beans, but there are three enchiladas and we definately left full.

The chicken was nice and moist, the tortillas not too tough. The rice was fresh and delicious (and very green!) the beans were smooth and tasty. Overall, we were very pleased.

Mom went in a bit of a different direction, opting to try the fish tacos. In order for these to be Gluten free, the kitchen grilled some mahi mahi instead of the breaded fried fish that would usually come with this dish. Also, Flour tortillas were swapped for corn.

DSC_4394.jpg

Mom said she found this dish a little boring. Granted, if it had been ordered the way it was supposed to come, the outcome may have been different. You never know what's gonna happen when you swap out all that Gluten. Once she added some *stolen* guacamole and salad, she said the dish was saved.

Dad surprised us all by having a jalapeño burger *sarcasm*, he does like his burgers.

DSC_4396.jpg

He said it was good. A burger was a burger. He did, however, go on about the fries. Seemed they were just awesome!

Overall, i feel like i can speak for the whole fam when i say we would definately eat at Paradiso 37 again. Food was great, ambiance is great, drinks were great, service was excellent. Really glad we ventured out on this one.

Great start. I love that Disney World are so great at accommodating special diets (generally).

I must admit, the fish tacos do look a little dry and boring however, like you say, if they were served as intended they may have been better.

Who was there: ME :stitch: AMANDA :hmghost: MOM :maleficen DAD :tigger:

For dinner, we headed to the Beach Club. Beaches and Cream has been a favourite of ours since we stayed at the Yacht Club years ago.

Also, we like to do this one in order to bank a TS credit in order to do Narcoosee's later in the week. Beaches and Cream is considered a TS, but the prices are so reasonable that we prefer to pay OOP and use the credit for a more expensive meal.

Amanda decided to have her dessert first, in the form of a chocolate milkshake.

DSC_4412.jpg

She said it was delicious.

Mom, Dad, Amanda and i all had the same thing: Cheeseburger! The burgers here are so fresh and so tasty...

DSC_0012.jpg

The only differences are that two of us have bacon, and two of us have fruit instead of fries.

The burgers were amazing, as always. I've never had a burger where i've enjoyed the bun just as much as the burger itself.

Dad and i decided we couldn't leave B&C without having some of their famous ice cream treats. After much deliberation we decided on a Traditional Sundae with caramel *And a hint for extra cherries*. As always, we weren't disappointed.

DSC_4426.jpg

Beaches and Cream is always a good time, a solid recommendation.

Great reviews so far! :) Beaches and Cream is on our list to try at some point. Maybe when we finally book our dream trip and stay at the Yacht Club. We have never considered Paridiso 37 before, but it looks like it might be worth trying.

Love Beaches and Cream. We are staying at BCV in August so will definitely be paying a visit.

I love your pictures!

I'm always excited to see a review of Paradiso 37. I think whenever I go next, we're going but probably for apps and drinks. Some guacamole and Central American Crazy Corn is calling my name! Haha.

Have fun at the World!

Who was there: ME :stitch: AMANDA :hmghost:

Amanda and i decided to spend President's Day away from the parks...just seemed like it would be too crowded and therefore unpleasant.

Every year we like to stray off the beaten path and try something new. One year we wandered around the Seven Seas Lagoon pathways, last year we adventured to some resorts we had never been to. This year we decided to poke around the All Stars and Pop Century and take some pictures. First though, we needed food and from what i had heard, All Stars wasn't the place to go.

Friends of ours that stay at Fort Wilderness for the winter used to always rave about the food court at the Caribbean Beach. As we had nothing but time, we figured we'd try it, and headed out to Old Port Royale.

There was a lot to choose from here, but not really anything for the girl who doesn't eat Gluten. Needless to say, i ended up cheating. To clarify, i am very lucky and am not celiac, but have a sensitivity to Gluten that tends to upset my tummy and sometimes gives me migraines. Regardless, i tend to cheat if Gluten free options are not readily available. I guess you could call me lazy.

We both found a few things that we wanted to try, so we got two meals and split them down the middle.

First, we tried the buffalo chicken sandwich with fries.

DSC_4434.jpg

Nothing too exciting, but there was lettuce and tomatoes at the condiment stand to dress it up a bit. Overall it was a solid sandwich. The chicken was tossed in a tasty-mildly spicy sauce with just a little kick. The fries were alright. The only thing that we really would've liked to see would be a toasted bun. You could tell the bun hadn't even been warmed, and toasting it would've added a little something.

We also tried the Cuban sandwich with pasta salad.

DSC_4432.jpg

All i can say is, WOW. We agreed that this was the best Cuban sandwich we had had on property. It was toasty and warm, the cheese was melty and there was plenty of meat. I added additional pickles from the condiment stand and a bit of extra spicy mustard. The pasta salad was a pretty average macaroni salad, but who cares! The sandwich was so good!

There was a pretty good selection of desserts here, and again, we decided to split two in order to try a variety.

First up, pineapple-upside-down cake.

DSC_4440.jpg

Very moist, and very tasty.

Next, we had the vanilla monkey cake. This came recommended by the guy behind the counter. It was a vanilla cupcake with banana pudding inside, topped with peanut butter icing. I was skeptical, it looked like a big, overly sweet and sticky mess. The guy was so insistent that we try it, he told me that if we didn't like it he would replace it with another pineapple cake.

DSC_4436.jpg

I can definitely say i was wrong to assume the worse about this dessert. It was actually great! Neither Amanda or i like overly sweet things, but this was just right. The peanut butter and banana flavours complimented each other very well (Elvis obviously knew his stuff), and neither flavour was too sweet or intense. When we were done, it was almost sad. Hurray for the monkey cake!

Overall, Old Port Royale was good times, definitely would stop by again if we were in that neck of the woods.

Thanks for the review! :) I don't see us staying at CBR anytime soon, but if we need a quick place to eat, I'll have to keep Port Royale in mind.

Looking forward to the rest of your reviews. I also have a gluten sensitivity and have had this for a year now. I just feel really nauseous for a day if I eat something with gluten. I find digestive enzymes help if I just eat a small amount(1 slice of bread) , nothing seems to help if I eat a large amount(think buffet)! LOL! Our up coming trip will be my first visit to Disney with this sensitivity.

Enjoying your reviews so far, I really appreciate the great pics of the "Food"... as I sit here eating a cold vegie plate with dip for dinner this stuff is killing me.. can't wait for our trip !:banana:

Looking forward to the rest of your reviews. I also have a gluten sensitivity and have had this for a year now. I just feel really nauseous for a day if I eat something with gluten. I find digestive enzymes help if I just eat a small amount(1 slice of bread) , nothing seems to help if I eat a large amount(think buffet)! LOL! Our up coming trip will be my first visit to Disney with this sensitivity.

I hear ya! Just had a tiny piece of normal bread with dinner tonight at France and my tummy is soooo mad at me... :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter