nEW DINING PLAN CHANGES ARE LOUSY!

bicker said:
I don't believe that that would be a reasonable assumption.

How else would you determine what compensation the restaurant gets? Assuming that it has to be automated and there are two levels, child / adult, and that credits are not identified as child / adult I would think the only way to determine the compensation level for a restaurant is by how it get keyed into the system, either as an adult meal or kids meal. I may not be thinking creatively enough but without the separation of credits I can't imagine another way to do it that wouldn't generate lots of problems.

Pedler said:
How else would you determine what compensation the restaurant gets? Assuming that it has to be automated and there are two levels, child / adult, and that credits are not identified as child / adult I would think the only way to determine the compensation level for a restaurant is by how it get keyed into the system, either as an adult meal or kids meal. I may not be thinking creatively enough but without the separation of credits I can't imagine another way to do it that wouldn't generate lots of problems.

Ok. You just said what I was trying to say but so much simpler. :teeth: :blush:

I guess Disney could have an audit procedure so a family with 2A2C couldn't be put through as 4 adult meals but I can't see any system that could stop the restaurant from just processing 2 adult meals and allowing the guest to pay out of pocket for 2 child meals. The audit system could even be used to just spot check the restaurant after the fact.

The question is will the expected seperation of credits help or hurt non-Disney restaurants?

Pedler said:

Lewisc said:
The question is will the expected seperation of credits help or hurt non-Disney restaurants?

If it doesn't change the rate of compensation, and it really shouldn't as it is Disney that is most likely loosing out and not the restaurant, then I don't see it having any financial impact. They will continue to be between a rock and a hard place. The mouse has definitely turned a blind eye towards them in its larger marketing plan.

I would think it would help marginally---there would be no more paying OOP to bank child credits for adult meals. The few people who do this would no longer eat the "extra" meals. Assuming DDP customers are lower margin (a fair assumption), this will free up more tables for cash customers.

Disney wins a lot (by not over-compensating restaurants relative to income) and the restaurants win a little.

(though I suppose that if servers routinely allow children to order adult meals now, then the restaurants could lose out...)

Mom of Sleepy said:
Disney doesn't KNOW that they are child's meal credits and not adult meal credits(and neither does the restaurant). So they order 4A meals.............are you saying that the restaurant will only get reimbursed 4 child's meals and not adult meals??
The question was whether the restaurant would be compensated based on the "type of meal ordered" or "the type of credit used". I had said that I believe the restaurant will be compensated based on the type of credit used, because that's all the system cares about. It won't matter what food was actually ordered.

the type of credit used
But there is only one "type"---the Table Service credit. I'd be surprised if the reimbursement rates for a $7.99 children's meal and a $40 tab for dad were the same.

bicker said:
The question was whether the restaurant would be compensated based on the "type of meal ordered" or "the type of credit used". I had said that I believe the restaurant will be compensated based on the type of credit used, because that's all the system cares about. It won't matter what food was actually ordered.

If credits are not differentiated how would the system know what type of credit was used?

I don't know how they do that. I wonder if some intrepid soul, visiting in the next few weeks, could ask around and let us know.

bicker said:
I don't know how they do that. I wonder if some intrepid soul, visiting in the next few weeks, could ask around and let us know.

Couldn't it be as simple as the credits deducted are what the server submits?

As Pedler asked, if credits are not differentiated how would server submit to the system which type of credit was used?

bicker said:
As Pedler asked, if credits are not differentiated how would server submit to the system which type of credit was used?

Maybe the server swipes the card then enters 2 adults, 2 kids into the computer?

Credits are not differentiated in the computer, right?

bicker said:
Credits are not differentiated in the computer, right?

Credits are not but there has to be a way for the restaurant to enter in the appropriate type of meal for reimbursement. My guess is that they do what the previous poster said. Its the only way I can think that they are able to compensate the restuarants at a different rate for child meals vs. adult meals.

edited to add: Tracking compensation to restaurants as opposed to credits used by guests would have to be different if they don't seperate credits by child / adult for the guests but do compensate the restuarants differently by meal type. If they do this it would provide a simple means to create an audit report and how credits are used.

Pedler said:
Credits are not but there has to be a way for the restaurant to enter in the appropriate type of meal for reimbursement.
Indeed there must, but that raises a whole host of other issues.

edited to add: Tracking compensation to restaurants as opposed to credits used by guests would have to be different if they don't seperate credits by child / adult for the guests but do compensate the restuarants differently by meal type. If they do this it would provide a simple means to create an audit report and how credits are used.
I'm sure that that's already being done, and the basis on which rumored systems changes are based.

I have already posted my questions in the 2007 fearless thread. Hopefully, someone has an answer. Someone said that a CM mentioned it.

How do you guys know that not all of the contracts are signed? Is this a rumor amongst DIS threads (sorry, hopefully nobody gets offended!) or there is an official site that mentions it? Just curious! :confused3 Disney has already published their 2007 list and I would imagine that they would have waited for these contracts to finalize before they would publish the final version!

Not likely. Disney was already running five weeks behind last year making year 2007 vacation packages available for reservations. I doubt they would have held off that even longer, just because the contracts for participation in the Dining Plan aren't signed yet.

disneypharm said:
I have already posted my questions in the 2007 fearless thread. Hopefully, someone has an answer. Someone said that a CM mentioned it.

How do you guys know that not all of the contracts are signed? Is this a rumor amongst DIS threads (sorry, hopefully nobody gets offended!) or there is an official site that mentions it? Just curious! :confused3 Disney has already published their 2007 list and I would imagine that they would have waited for these contracts to finalize before they would publish the final version!

Actually, publishing that now could be a tactict to get the other restrants to sign up for it and get better terms for Disney, putting the pressure in, so to speak.

Also, disney may not have been able to wait any longer for fear of loosing out on bookings.

I think we just have to wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter