new dining booking system asked if i wanted to cancel res currently had same night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beka'sMom

Addicted to Disney!
I went to check for an earlier time last night for a particular restaurant and date and saw the dining system is new..plugged in my search fields and an earlier time came up! I clicked on book it and the system had a popup that automatically asked me if I wanted to cancel my current reservation for the same date but a later time- it "knew" I already had one reserved. (So I clicked yes, because it was what I originally wanted).

Not sure what would have happened if I said no to think it over and cancel one later on that same day-

Looks like they can track double bookings with this new system!

Very interesting!

I'm guessing it would let you keep them - since there are valid reasons for a party to hold two reservations at the same time - ie the party is going to split up for that meal or there isn't a table open for 6 people but there is a 2 person and a 4 person .... things like that.

It would be extremely frustrating if the Disney reservation system locked you out of being able to make those types of arrangements.

I had the same thing happen. I wanted to change restaurants so I went to book the new one and got a message that I had a conflict with another reservation. I did make the new reservation and then it again told me to review my reservations and cancel the one I didn't need. Of course I was going to cancel the conflicting one anyway, but wanted to make sure the new one was booked first.

So I opted to review my reservations so I could cancel the old one. It then listed ALL my reservations. I was so glad to see them all in one place because I've made so many changes that I was worried that I had not cancelled one that should have been (and I was getting tired of always having to type in the confirmation numbers to check).

I understand that there are special circumstances where people need to have more than one ADR at the same time. However, I hope the new system will discourage others who 'double book' out of convenience. Now that the Disney system recognzies it, it is more reason than ever not to risk it!

Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter