New Desserts for the 50th Celebration!

pennyplanner said:
A reviewer mentioned a passion fruit celebration dessert at Kona. Anyone have a picture of this one???

Thanks,
penny

I do, but it's on my camera in Orlando, and I'm in Gainesville. I'll try to post it tomorrow after I drive down. :)

TroyWDW said:
The taste was similar to a KitKat or Twix candy bar. The vanilla bean ice cream was very good. YMMV
Troy
I love KitKats and Twix Candy bars....will definitely have to try it, since it is paired with my all time favorite icecream, vanilla bean!

They all look pretty incredible. I can feel the sugar coma coming on now... And we don't leave for another 200 days. Oh, the humanity!
Cheers,
Q
:drinking1

DANGIT!!!! I wish we would have known about this - the slipper looks great! We'll have to order in November...

Oh and the diet coke theory? I firmly believe it in. Totally.

I wanted to add that DS was able to get a children's special dessert for the 50th at Yacht Club Galley. It was probably similar to the Mickey puzzle at Artist Point - it was a 6 piece white chocolate puzzle of Tinkerbell, with a paint brush and about 4-5 different edible "paints". It also came with a vanilla cupcake that was topped with two mini Oreo cookies making Mickey ears and a convenient place to rest the top of the paintbrush. It was really cute and something I may use to decorate cupcakes for DS's birthday... The plate had a the 50th castle logo on it, made of cocoa. I want to say it was $6.99 or something - but well worth it. I wanted to take a photo, but DS is 3 1/2 and dug right in ;)

I know what we will be having for dessert on my upcoming CRT dinner trip!! Thanks for sharing!!

Mr. Disney--we have all been on diets!!! I can never diet at WDW!! Too many good offerings!! I diet all year round--so 11 days should not hurt to bad :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

DisneyMomx7 said:
Someone posted that you could call the castle and get them boxed to go but I'm not sure. I also don't know how well they would hold up, unless you ate them right at MK. I changed our PSs around so we could eat at the Castle just to try them. I really hope they have the dark chocolate though. I'm going to try and see if I can call the castle and ask because we can get the white chocolate ones right where we're staying.

Has anyone heard if this is true or not. I truly want one of those chocolate slippers but I can't fit CRT into my schedule.

Ok, for all of those that don't like the white chocolate... feel free to order them anyway, get them to go... then send them to me. :teeth: I can go to the local Lindt store and buy bags of White Chocolate Truffles.... and eat ALL OF THEM in 1 sitting!

I'll be dining at CRT next Sunday and I already know I'll be trying that for dessert. I was going to get the creme brulee... maybe I can talk someone in our party into getting that and I'll try it too. But no one gets any of my slipper! :teeth:

MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE :cool1: :rolleyes1

Are these special desserts on the menu, or do you have to preorder them? I am planning on trying as many as possible on my December trip! :flower:

at CRT the Cindercelebration Slipper is on the Menu, no pre-ordering required. It was very delicious, although we had the white chocolate version I wish we would have gotten to try that dark chocolate version.

anyone have a report on an of these? Anyone get a white chocolate slipper instead of a dark chocolate? Any new ones not yet posted?

Wow, how did I miss this thread before!? That looks great, and I will be ordering a slipper in August! It seems like most people like the dark chocolate better here, but can you get a white chocolate slipper with white chocolate filling? :teeth: I have seen them before but wasnt sure if they had them at the castle for the 50th celebration. :goodvibes

I had planned to try all of the 50th Celebration Desserts, since i heard that there were only 5 of them. It appears that most of the signature restaurants on property have a dessert for the occassion. I tried several, the first to show you is from Victoria & Alberts....direct from my V&A review....

Mister Disney said:
Dessert Course

Orange-Scented Mascarpone in a Chocolate Nest
This dessert is one of WDW's "Happiest Celebration's on Earth" Series. I made a commitment to myself to try as many of the desserts in this series as possible.

Kevin and I both chose the same and had them with “Celebes” Indonesian Coffee (Kevin) and Cappuccino (me!). Kevin loves coffee straight....no sugar, no cream no nothing, where I need it sweet and creamy.

This dessert sure lived up to expectations.

The Orange-Scented Mascarpone was "airbrushed" orange, so it looked like an Orange with tinted white chocolate, sitting on that chocolate "nest". WARNING...The "sunrise" blue sugar frame was less than edible and I would say is there for decorative purposes only.

The "Orange" was surrounding Grand Marnier Soaked Lady Fingers...Light...fluffy and a great end to dinner.
va-orange.JPG

that slipper is a really cool idea, they should make it a permanent desert for CRT! can't wait to try! either that or the fantasyland sundae

Wish I could go to V&A's just for dessert :rotfl: Too bad I am not an adventurous eater lol. Darn :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter