New DDP 2018 Changes! Post your actual experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.. maybe the lady was wrong? the person told me they are removing it entirely, that it didn't sell well, and they are getting rid of it?! That no new deluxe plans will be sold, and that is what it causing the problem. Any existing bookings will be honored. Which sees crazy to me!!
There's no way they are discontinuing it. There has been an issue carrying it over for the new year.

Adults and kids were always pooled on DDXP and the QSDP. They were only separated out regarding the TS credits on the regular dining plan. And I don't think they were planning on having them all pooled for that plan this year.

We checked in, and I got my credits assigned.

Adult and kids are still pooled on DxDP.
How do you know kids and adults are still pooled ?

I see some think they are separating the credits for all plans and all meal types due to the alcohol being included now, but there's nothing confirming that yet. Not going by what Disney reps say because one just told someone that the dining plans were being discontinued for lack of popularity, and that's not happening.

Just because one is entitled to alcohol on the DDP does not mean they would be allowed to order it.

Here is our credit printout for DxDP. 2 adult, one 9yo
Thank you so much Aela and anyone else coming to post their experiences while there! It is much appreciated. I'm still waiting to add the dxddp to our reservation for next week until I get some news that sharing credits is still allowed.

Thank you so much Aela and anyone else coming to post their experiences while there! It is much appreciated. I'm still waiting to add the dxddp to our reservation for next week until I get some news that sharing credits is still allowed.
What are you finding out?

It’s likely it will be at earliest late this week before it’s figured out.

My credits are sorted out. Thankfully.

No longer sold? I don’t think that is what you mean. I think the problem was with the coding in the change over. Someone used a coding that was a modification most likely. Meaning that code is more st likely not being sold anymore. My updated credits in MDE clearly say deluxe meaning the have he deluxe dining plan. If you log on to the Disney website right now, you can’t buy any dining plan.

There have been questions floating around for a while now about a three-digit tag that was attached to some but not all DxDDP bookings. The consensus has been "harmless IT quirk" but maybe it relates to this coding problem happening now.

The DxDDP is still available for purchase (I saw a $65 airfare deal for next week and am seriously considering a quick trip to get out of the cold) so it can't be that the plan itself is being discontinued.

Adult and kids are still pooled on DxDP.

Here is our credit printout for DxDP. 2 adult, one 9yo

Thanks so much for that @Aela

And great news. That's the last workaround I have for actually making the dining plan not a terrible value (considering I never eat at the mediocre buffets because the buffets are, well, mediocre buffets).

I’m in line to check in, and the issue with Deluxe Dining is that it is being removed and no longer sold! Anyone with a existing reservation has to be rebooked and modified.

I'll bet the person who told you that is thinking of the Platinum Plan which was discontinued 2 years ago? It was really an all-inclusive vacation package, not a dining plan, and rather expensive, so not frequently booked. It required undiscounted deluxe hotel stay, undiscounted tickets, etc, but included just about all recreation and tours as well as dining. However it was lumped on the website under the dining plans, and people would get mad theat they couldn't book it with hotel discounts, and ticket discounts, etc. They really didn't understand it was NOT a dining plan, but rather an all-inclusive vacation package. About $1000 per person, per night. (I know undiscounted is not a word, just trying to shorten this.:cutie:)

Not sure when this change occurred, so might not be news to some of you, but I was able to book CRT this week online and secure it with my 2018 dining credits. I did not pay for it up front. I was really surprised as I had tried to book it a few other times in the last few months, but in the past, I kept getting an error message stating people on the dining plan had to call to reserve CRT and couldn’t book online due to the need to pay upfront.

Not sure when this change occurred, so might not be news to some of you, but I was able to book CRT this week online and secure it with my 2018 dining credits. I did not pay for it up front. I was really surprised as I had tried to book it a few other times in the last few months, but in the past, I kept getting an error message stating people on the dining plan had to call to reserve CRT and couldn’t book online due to the need to pay upfront.

I booked CRT on 12/19 for 1/21 and was able to select use Dining plan when booking.

I saw the $16 limit on the beverage but no souvenir cups... Does anyone know if the Mimosa Flight at Kona would be eligible? It's $13 - no souvenir cups in question.

I saw the $16 limit on the beverage but no souvenir cups... Does anyone know if the Mimosa Flight at Kona would be eligible? It's $13 - no souvenir cups in question.
Wine flights were excluded at Flying Fish so I’d guess no.

Wine flights were excluded at Flying Fish so I’d guess no.

Darn. Oh well. I can always pay OOP for it. I'm already planing to do that for the mashed potatoes at Narcoossee's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter