NEW DCL Navigator App - Texting Feature!

How about putting the App on the Amazon Android store for Blackberry users?
If you "sideload" SNAP and use it to download the Navigator app from Google Play it works fine.

For info on using SNAP go to CrackBerry....

Does this mean texting may/will occur across/between Android and Apple products aboard, using said App? Including Ipods? Our family shares platforms. Kids are Apple, parents are Android. If so that would be sweet. :) I too am waiting to hear if the Club CM's can use said app. If not, I also see this as a major limitation. I'm sure they are aware of this dilemma and have planned it out. After all, it's DCL. lol. I will bet on DCL. :thumbsup2 IOW, I have confidence DCL's CM's can, and will, communicate thru the same path as the pax can, therefore utilizing the same wifi system pax are utilizing. Therefore it will be compatible with the Kids Club CM"s . IOW, Club CM's will be able to notify pax thru said new app, w/o Wave Phones. I will be aboard the first Fantasy sailing where this app applies. 10/25/15. I will test it, among other things , and report back 11/6/14. :goodvibes

I don't see the club using it only because there are too many variables DCL can't control. Now with wave phones although they are old and people seem to have issues with them Disney doesn't have to worry about low wifi signal or interference.

Do you have to be connected to the paid wifi? The app uses the intranet (free) now, so I was hoping it would continue to do so with the chat function.

Nothing in the email that people are receiving (see the OP) indicates that the messaging feature will cost extra.

This is awesome! Definitely something my family will take advantage of.

From what has been released it appears it will be free. The app is free and the wifi for the app is free. There is no incentive to pay for this service as the waves phones are free to use so I can't imagine they will charge for it.

Thank you. I would imagine if they have this feature, the wave phones will be phased out, thus paying for the app but will take free any day :thumbsup2

Thanks.

If you "sideload" SNAP and use it to download the Navigator app from Google Play it works fine.

For info on using SNAP go to CrackBerry....

Yes, I too have used the app in the summer with Snap. However if they also release on the Amazon Appstore, you get less Android warnings popping up with 10.3. Installation is simpler for novice users without the Snap installation.

Thank you. I would imagine if they have this feature, the wave phones will be phased out, thus paying for the app but will take free any day :thumbsup2 Thanks.

I don't think wave phones will be phased out because many families still like to travel with their smart devices locked up so they truly drop out. Also as I pointed out it would be too much of a liability to allow them to use this system to contact parents.

Thank you. I would imagine if they have this feature, the wave phones will be phased out, thus paying for the app but will take free any day :thumbsup2

Thanks.
Not everyone has a smartphone though. I've only had one for 5 months. I didn't even want it, DH just got it for me.

I got the email the other day and it mentioned a PIN that an under-13 child would have to put in order to use. I can't find any information on where that PIN comes from... anyone know? :confused3
We're cruising in a little over three weeks and plan to use the app to communicate with DD (11).

I got the email the other day and it mentioned a PIN that an under-13 child would have to put in order to use. I can't find any information on where that PIN comes from... anyone know? :confused3 We're cruising in a little over three weeks and plan to use the app to communicate with DD (11).

Pin will probably come from guest services or will be in the room when you get there.

It should work on all Apple devices. I wish they would write an app for Windows phones.

What are the chances of them rolling this feature out to the Magic by January?

I am wondering if the new phones on the Magic from fall of last year were the upgrade they are getting with regards to communication.:confused3

This actually does not please me. I love being disconnected onboard. Having a cell phone is too much temptation to just sit and use it all the time instead of enjoying other people.

This actually does not please me. I love being disconnected onboard. Having a cell phone is too much temptation to just sit and use it all the time instead of enjoying other people.

I wouldn't be surprised if as a result of having your phone more often, it would entice people to get online more...additional revenue.
magic bands worked by increase per guest spending...maybe this is a psychological one.

No one is forcing you to use it the wave phone will still be an option as well as paper navigators.

Well you still won't have cell service and unless you were already paying for Internet service that's off too, so not sure how this makes it more tempting. If you already use the navigator app you are already carrying your phone all this does is let's you not carry the wave phone, what will be interesting if they let the app communicate with the wave phones. I would imagine these are on similar technologies carried through the same onboard wireless networks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter