New DAS pass question

LillyL76

Earning My Ears
Hello,
We are traveling to Disney World next month. We have never been with this new electronic system (with the magic bands) so I have a few questions.

We have two kids who will be needing the pass in our party. Would two people in the same party still be able to get a pass each even if everyone in the party is linked by magic bands now? They have both received the old passes, but never together in the same group.

Also, we are a total of 8 traveling together. Would we be able to receive the DAS? I know the max is 6, but exceptions were made before; are they still doing that? Has anyone been in this situation where they've made an exception?

What about the times? If the wait is under 10 minutes are they still letting you in like before or do they still give you a wait time for too? How much do they take off now? Is it still 10 minutes off the current wait time?

What have your experiences been with the new system? I just want to be prepared since we're a pretty big party and we have 2 kids with special needs that would need the pass.

Thank you!

1. You can get a DAS for each. Each person in the party can only have 1 return time on 1 DAS pass at a time. So if you had a return time for one child, you couldn't be included on the return time for the other.

2. You should be fine with 8. Seems to work the same with supervisor approval.

3. With wait times under 10 minutes it seems to just be treated differently based on the CM. Some send you through the FP line, but others send you through the standby line. Shouldn't be an issue either way since the wait is so little. If there's a sensory issue you're trying to avoid, I'd tell them that.

4. Experiences seem positive aside from lack of WIFI for CMs which may be corrected now. You can see the return times and rides on your MDE on the app which is a nice change.

I don't think they will let the whole party be attached to both DAS at the same time on the bands. On the Paper passes they split the party between the two, I think someone mentioned on the Bands they put all the party's names but when you get a DAS return and they ask who will be attached once you're attached for a ride you can't be attached to the second DAS at the same time.

With the new das you can only have one return time so if child A wants to ride Peter Pan and the wait is an hour mom and big sister can be linked to that ride while child B has is for small world and the wait is 30 minutes since mom and big sister are linked to child's A band they can not be linked to child's B band but dad and grandparents can

Some place the wifi will not work or the thing gets over heated in that case they give you a paper return time

Thanks everyone. 1 return time at a time is perfectly fine, I just wanted to be sure we can all ride together and stay together with both kids DAS. Both kids ride different rides but when one doesn't want to/can't ride the ride the other one wants then they just stay outside with one of us; but when it was a ride all 8 wanted to get on, then we would be able to.

if all of you want to ride something you can put 4 people on one DAS card and the rest on the other das card

if all of you want to ride something you can put 4 people on one DAS card and the rest on the other das card
That would be ideal, but since they changed the system recently to magic bands, that's why I wanted to know if it would still work connecting 2 DAS to the same people's bands. I've been reading and others have done it, so hopefully it won't be a problem.

With the electronic system, this is how it has been working:
They attach all the members of your party to the DAS, and in the case of 2 DAS, all the people in your party are attached to each DAS.
When you get a DAS Return Time, the CM has a screen that comes up and lists all members of your party. The CM will ask you which members to attach to that DAS Return Time.
Each person can only have one DAS Return Time active at a time, so it doesn't really matter whether all are linked to one or more than one DAS. In the electronic system, each person is a unique individual so they can tell that person is already connected to a Return Time and won't connect it to another.

There have been reports that CMs have been only allowing 6 (5 plus the DAS holder) at some attractions, so if that happens and all want to ride, each of your DAS holders would need to get a Return Time.

Keep in mind also that at WDW, you will each have 3 Fastpass Plus times that you can schedule. Those are not connected to DAS and DAS works best when used along with Fastpass Plus.

Does DAS return time show up on MDE? I am going to WDW in 18 days with my 2 kids and my younger sister. First time with the kids without my husband, their dad. I'm nervous about remembering it all. My sister has no experience with going with us with DAS and is coming to be an extra set of hands.

Does DAS return time show up on MDE? I am going to WDW in 18 days with my 2 kids and my younger sister. First time with the kids without my husband, their dad. I'm nervous about remembering it all. My sister has no experience with going with us with DAS and is coming to be an extra set of hands.
We were at WDW in May, shortly after DAS began to be connected to DAS.
We were told that DAS Return Times should show on MDE, but might not always because they were still working on it.
All of ours did show every time alongside our Fastpass times - this is a screen shot.
image.jpg
Clicking on 'See Redemption Details' gives details like which members of our party are attached to the Return Timd.

We also carried along a tiny notebook and wrote the time and attraction down, just in case. Then, we crossed it out after we used it.

I have also notic that it takes about 5 minutes to show up on MDE and some times you have to refresh the page

If it dose not show up or you forget your phone ( like I did) you can go to any fast pass kiosk and just say you would like to see your fast pass return times

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter