• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Cruiser - Remy

DisneyPrincessSince1971

Earning My Ears
I will be cruising on the Dream in February 2016 for my 50th Birthday! So excited but totally a Newbie. My mom thought we should eat at Remy. It sounds wonderful but the pricing is a little confusing. If it is $85 extra plus wine, wouldn't it be better to do the $99 Wine Pairing Experience?

Any tips, experience and feedback is greatly appreciated!

TIA!

$85 is the food any wine is extra. So the wine pairing is an extra $99, and it's not large servings. It's best to buy a bottle of wine there with your food.

Do go it's dinner theatre and an excellent experience, if you have any food allergies let them know in advance.

We did the wine pairing which I thought was great! It is smaller courses at a much quicker pace. . . wait, I think that was a champagne brunch. Heck, too long ago to remember :) Anyway, we have never done the Remy dinner which from what I've read is a much more involved experience that frankly, we just dont have the patience for.

We've dined at Remy several times & did the wine paring once & thought it was ok. That being said, I totally agree with Disney Fantasy, getting a bottle of wine is a wonderful alternative. :drinking:

Now on the other hand the Champagne pairing for the Remy Brunch (IMO) is a winner. ::yes::

We've dined at Remy several times & did the wine paring once & thought it was ok. That being said, I totally agree with Disney Fantasy, getting a bottle of wine is a wonderful alternative. :drinking:

Now on the other hand the Champagne pairing for the Remy Brunch (IMO) is a winner. ::yes::
And I got the champagne pairing for free when I went before the introduction of the charge.

We've dined at Remy several times & did the wine paring once & thought it was ok. That being said, I totally agree with Disney Fantasy, getting a bottle of wine is a wonderful alternative.
Better yet, bring a bottle (or 3) of a special wine and champagne with you and meet with the sommelier before dinner and discuss the wine and food pairings.

Yes, it's expensive, but if you have the means to treat yourself, it's absolutely worth it.

Treating my wife normally means letting her pick three things rather than two off of the Wendy's Value Menu (not really...), but it is quite rare that we can find the time to go out for a really 'nice' evening anymore, so we splurged on dinner at Remy with the wine pairings and the Port course (both upcharges). With tip, it came out to $500 for the evening (which is about $300 more than we have ever spent on a dinner for the two of us), but it was a fabulous meal with fabulous memories, so no regrets.

Better yet, bring a bottle (or 3) of a special wine and champagne with you and meet with the sommelier before dinner and discuss the wine and food pairings.
There is a corkage charge to be made if you bring in your own.

Yes, it's expensive, but if you have the means to treat yourself, it's absolutely worth it.

Treating my wife normally means letting her pick three things rather than two off of the Wendy's Value Menu (not really...), but it is quite rare that we can find the time to go out for a really 'nice' evening anymore, so we splurged on dinner at Remy with the wine pairings and the Port course (both upcharges). With tip, it came out to $500 for the evening (which is about $300 more than we have ever spent on a dinner for the two of us), but it was a fabulous meal with fabulous memories, so no regrets.

Now that is a sad thing--you pay an extra $99 (each) for wine pairings--very small pours to be sure . And you don't even get a glass of Port!! THAT is even extra.

The Iron Horse Fairy tale cuvee available on board is very good. I can't think of any sparkling wine I would rather bring aboard and pay corkage. If a true french champagne is necessary, you can also get Tattinger, reasonably priced, while aboard as well as Moet ice (although they charge $25 per glass for the Moet Ice :( )

If you are a newbie on the Dream I would consider just enjoying the three MDR's unless you are doing the 4-day where you could book your other night at Remy or Palo. Check out the menu and be sure it's something you would like. Dinner with wine pairing and tip - you are talking over $200/each.

If you are a newbie on the Dream I would consider just enjoying the three MDR's unless you are doing the 4-day where you could book your other night at Remy or Palo. Check out the menu and be sure it's something you would like. Dinner with wine pairing and tip - you are talking over $200/each.
Remy is not be missed IMHO. Personally, I think the food in the MDRs is not all that great. Both times we dined at Remy we just ordered a nice bottle of wine and skipped the wine pairing. The sommelier is happy to offer suggestions. It really is a fabulous experience. The service and food is top notch.

Another recommendation for Remy! Been 3 times with my wife/family and we love it. Great experience, as mentioned the wine pairing is a bit light on the pours and you have to pay extra for the port, but they were good selections. I'd probably go the route of buying a bottle, or having cocktails next time.

We will be going on a 4 night cruise with some experts who also recommended that we skip Remy the first time and just enjoy the others. However, this may be the only cruise my mother ever goes on, and this is what she wants to do. We have poured over the menu and options and it is her favorite kind of food. She even knew how to pronouce everything LOL. I agree on purchasing wine and have been told about the cork charge.

Thank you all for your responses. It really helps!

One more to agree with Disney Fantasy-we purchased a bottle of wine that was recommended. We felt the price was not bad and a better value than the small pour of the pairings. We also purchased an additional glass to go with the beef course, which in hindsight was a bit pricey; it was however, delicious. But, we had fun and really enjoyed dinner there

Would also recommend Remy. It was one of our favourite meals ever and we've eaten at some great restaurants. Service is amazing! Would echo others in buying a bottle of wine there. We asked the sommelier for suggestions and a really good bottle which we enjoyed thoroughly. Hope you enjoy!

Husband and I like wine but didn't want to do the full pairing. The sommelier recommended we each have a glass of white after the included cocktail and then a glass of red with our beef course. He recommended great wines for each of us and we really enjoyed it, so we'll be doing the same again in two weeks.

OP, for your 50th - I'd skip a MDR, first cruise or not. Remy is amazing! :)

Would also recommend Remy. It was one of our favourite meals ever and we've eaten at some great restaurants. Service is amazing! Would echo others in buying a bottle of wine there. We asked the sommelier for suggestions and a really good bottle which we enjoyed thoroughly. Hope you enjoy!

I agree. The only comparable meal I've had was at a 3 star Michelin restaurant where the appetizer alone cost more than Remy's base price. Even with the wine pairing, which about half our party of 6 felt was the best part, I thought it was superb value for the money. But the wine pairing is certainly not a must and you'd get even better value without it. If I had to choose, I would easily pick the Remy dinner over any of the comparatively priced port adventures, we have tried. We liked Remy so much that, for our next cruise, we've dropped Palo and reserved both brunch and dinner at Remy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter