New Cruiser Needs Help

ljt064

Mouseketeer
:banana: Hi All,

We are ready to book our first Disney Cruise. We plan on going on the 11/26 7 Day Trip. Our kids will be 8 and 4 at Cruise time. I was wondering what level of room should I go for? Level 5 and 6 seem to be the same. Any good advice?

Also, looks like prices are around the same on booking. So far Travelocity has the lowest by $200 or so. Any advice?

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. :banana:

Thanks!!

Louie pirate:

cat 5 and 6 are essentially the same verandah style stateroom, except on different floors....

If you are on a budget,and dont intend on spending much time in your stateroom other than sleeping , showering, etc, I would suggest category 9 outside stateroom on deck 2.....This stateroom is the same interior size as the cat 5/6, but with a huge porthole window vs verandah...Based on family of 4 non-FL resident, you could save as much as $1500 or more vs a cat 5 stateroom...

I LOVE my cat. 6. Wouldn't book a lesser stateroom.......

Not on to tight of a budget. I think I'll go with Cat 6.

Any other good tips for a virgin Cruiser :cool1:

Louie pirate:

Advice from me is get quotes from Dreams Unlimited (up on top;sponsor) and allseastravel.com.

They generally (not always) have the best rates available... Probably better than Travelocity....

Book the category your family will fit best with.. FOr us the verandah is not important at all, and would rather book the cheapest category, as we spend little or no time in our room..

Other than that, stick around, this is a fantastic place to learn, and I could not think of a bunch of better people to learn with... :cheer2: :banana:

Best tip, BOOK EARLY.... We like Cat 6's as well love sitting on the verandah in the morning/evening enjoying a beverage of choice while the World goes by....

hi ljt - welcome to the DIS! We'll be on the same cruise with DS (who will have just turned 9) and DD who will be almost 7. Do you have boys or girls? This is our first cruise too so I can't give advice on rooms but we chose a cat. 10 on Deck 5. I don't think we'll be in our room very much so I decided to go with a lower category. I chose Deck 5 because that's where the kids clubs are and I'm assuming my kids will like them. My best price was through Dreams Unlimited - good luck!

Hi Boo MC,

My son Griffin will be 8 and my baby girl will be 4. They are getting so big, and I know will have a blast.

I'll check Dreams Unlimited Right now.

Hope to talk more to you.

Louie pirate:

Hi Louie - we were going to name our son Griffin but in the end decided to name him after my dad. Cool name though. Maybe they'll meet each other in the kids club. There's another thread somewhere with a sign up for people going on the 11/26 cruise. You should look for it - might give you some more info on what rooms people chose and how they're getting to port, hotels, etc.

We booked yesterday Cat 6. Then last night, my wife and I discussed bringing our niece (12) as a built in baby sitter. Now we are Cat 4, with 5 of us verus 4. Now we can go out to Palo's for dinner and have some alone time. :earseek:

I can't wait to tell our niece she's going. :cheer2:

So begin the count down to 11/26!

We've always had a Cat.6 with Verandah so I don't know if we could go with an inside room...but if you've never cruised before you might enjoy any room. There's a public verandah on Deck 7 Aft. that you could go on to relax & there's the pool area & Deck 4 with the lounge chairs. Enjoy your cruise no matter you decide!! Cathie & The Gang pirate: :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter