New cruise ship and DisneySea?

eeyore74

DIS Veteran
I've done a search and can't find that anyone has mentioned this, but if someone has, please forgive me!

We just got back from our land/sea honeymoon. I took to watching the "Company Clips" channel and noticed a promo for Tokyo DisneySea. There is a cruise ship parked there at the end of the promo. And at first, I thought the start of the promo was for DCL because it showed something cruise-like. Then it goes through rides and characters and ends with DisneySea and the cruise ship docked in front.

Anyone else seen this? That would be one heck of a cruise across the Pacific. :p

Back to lurking...

The ship you see in the video at DisneySea is the S.S. Columbia. She is not a real ship, but merely another outstandingly real set piece in a gorgeous park.

Well.. darnit! lol Thanks for letting me know. I knew I should have looked harder at it. :)

r_10_ph_2.jpg

I think it's a restaraunt.

I just returned from Tokyo and a short visit to DisneySea. Technically, the ship is two restaurants. Architecturally, a great park.

The restaurants sound cool. Now just to convince DH to go to Japan. He loves it there; was stationed there in the Marines, but refuses to go without a "tour guide." Someone who knows the language and their way around.

Ah well...

Thanks all! I feel like a dolt about it, but y'all are so nice, so I don't feel too doltish. :p

If you would feel comfortable touring Europe without a guide, you wouldn't have any trouble with Japan. Even though there might be fewer people speaking English, I have found the Japanese are typically much more accomodating to foreigners.

I didn't get to explore DisneySea as much as I would have liked; I only had about four hours last Friday night. But it was a very beautiful park.

One thing that was interesting was the ticketing options. For about $35, you can purchase an after 5 p.m. ticket that includes a meal voucher that can be used at one of six restaurants (none on the Columbia unfortunately). Consequentally, the park was quite crowded and I'd say at least 95% of the guests were couples. Makes you wonder if something like that could improve California Adventure's attendance. My gut says probably not, but it's an interesting idea nonetheless.

If you would feel comfortable touring Europe without a guide, you wouldn't have any trouble with Japan. Even though there might be fewer people speaking English, I have found the Japanese are typically much more accomodating to foreigners.

I've heard the Japanese are very friendly. We've been to Europe a few times and that's why I think we could do Japan, as well. I'll be sure to mention your words to him. :)

That ticketing option is pretty cool. Great for locals, too. We usually travel abroad with another couple, so I think I will toss Japan into the next talk.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter