New Cruise Iteneiry for 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinicki

Earning My Ears
I just got an email from disney that in 2004, one of the ships will reposition to do a Mediterranean cruise that will depart on Sundays:

Here is the ports that it will visit
Sunday Barcelona, Spain
Monday Cannes, France
Tuesday Livorno (Florence), Italy
Wednesday Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Thursday Naples, Italy
Friday At sea
Saturday Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Sunday Barcelona, Spain

Prices are pretty hefty right now. They quoted me per person:
$ 1759for inside
$ 2089 for outside
$ 2859 for verandah

DVC can also use points to purcahse.

seems tempting

Any idea whether they are giving up the 3/4 cruise or the 7? Seems to me these are both so popular that they really can't afford to shut either one down.

Is there a 3rd ship coming?

Paul

This is the part about the email that I got that i cut an paste

"For a limited time, Disney Cruise Line will relocate one of its ships to the Mediterranean Sea for a series of 7-night cruise vacations. In addition to all the on-board entertainment and activities designed for kids, teens, adults and families, guests on this itinerary will take in the sights, history and culture of Europe with access to some of the top European attractions."

Port Access to
Barcelona, Spain (home port)
Cannes, France Monte Carlo; Nice
Livorno, Italy Florence; Pisa
Civitavecchia, Italy Rome
Naples, Italy Pompeii (Mt. Vesuvius)
Palma de Mallorca, Spain

They'd better do a 3rd boat! After this cruise on the Wonder, I have all intentions of doing the 7 day on the Magic. I will definitely sign up for the Euro cruise as well, of course.

Does it say when/how reservations can be made?

I just got off the phone with DCL. They claim this is just a rumor and that while there has been talk, no details are available and nothing can be booked.

She said they hadn't firmed up the schedule yet, but it's on it's way. She wanted to know where I had heard this from:)

GBG

The email I received was actually a survey about the Med. cruise. It was written to me as a past Disney cruiser. I got the same intro part about the itinerary, but I did not receive prices. The survey asked about my cruising experiences (number, destination) and asked me to rate my likelihood of going on a Disney Mediterranean cruise. After I rated my likeliness, it asked me to explain my answer. Then I got the same stuff you get on all the surveys - number & ages of kids under 18, number of visits to WDW, when you're going back, family income....the standard questions.

if you scroll down on the survey, there are two buttons that say brochure rate, and airfare costs. that is where i got the prices. There are also a point chart for dvc.

I also got the email to take the survey.

The survey started with the statement, "For a limited time, Disney Cruise Line will relocate one of its ships to the Mediterranean Sea for a series of 7-night cruise vacations." You'll notice they said will, not might.

There was absolutely no indication which ship would be repositioned to Europe, or what cruises Disney would continue to offer out of Port Canaveral. (But I could imagine a scenario where Disney offers 7-night and 3- & 4-night cruises with the remaining ship during alternate weeks.)

The surevy was rather sophisticated. The path and questions were based on your answers to the previous questions. I told it I was a DVC member, so the survey displayed the cost of the cruise in points.

There was also a button to display the cash price. For me it displayed the following:
<center>
<table>
<tr><th width=150 colspan=2> </th><th colspan=3 align=center width=300><font size=2>Stateroom Type</font></th></tr>
<tr><th align=left width=150 colspan=2><font size=2>Cruise Fare per Person*:</font></th><th width=100><font size=2><u>Inside</u></font></th><th width=100><font size=2><u>Outside</u></font></th><th width=100><font size=2><u>Verandah</u></font></th></tr>
<tr><td width=15> </td><td width=135 bgcolor="efefef"><font size=2>1st/2nd Person</font></td><td width=100 align=center bgcolor="efefef"><font size=2>$1,759</font></td><td width=100 align=center bgcolor="efefef"><font size=2>$2,089</font></td><td width=100 align=center bgcolor="efefef"><font size=2>$2,859</font></td></tr>
<tr><td width=15> </td><td width=135><font size=2>3rd/4th Person Age 13+</font></td><td width=100 align=center><font size=2>$1,319</font></td><td width=100 align=center><font size=2>$1,319</font></td><td width=100 align=center><font size=2>$1,319</font></td></tr>
<tr><td width=15> </td><td width=135 bgcolor="efefef"><font size=2>3rd/4th Person Age 3-12</font></td><td width=100 align=center bgcolor="efefef"><font size=2>$1,099</font></td><td width=100 align=center bgcolor="efefef"><font size=2>$1,099</font></td><td width=100 align=center bgcolor="efefef"><font size=2>$1,099</font></td></tr>
<tr><td> </td></tr>
<tr><td colspan=5 width=450><font size=2>*Prices do not include airfare, transfers, taxes or gratuities. Fares are comparable to Disney's 7-night Caribbean cruises during the summer months.</font></td></tr></table></center>

Wow... that would be great. I was thinking we might cruise again in 2004 and I would love to do this one!

We are planning a two week trip to Europe in 04 for our 20th anniversary. This would be awesome to do for one of the weeks. What a fantastic trip.

Hi! Can you please tell me where it was you saw the Mediterranean cruise would be in 2004? My questionnaire did not specify the date or year, just referred to "future cruises". Perhaps we received different e-mails, or maybe I missed it.

Thanks!

ok what is the date this would start , how far can u book into 2004 now would have to start after that right.....
and sign us up we will be on the Inaugural cruise whenever it is ........

have to go look up airfare on expedia
lol peter

Everyone take a deep breath. :)

NOTHING is available for booking, nothing has been confirmed by DCL (yet!) but be assured when we can get a confirmation on any itinerary changes it will be posted here.

It looks interesting but EXPENSIVE, especially when you factor in airfare to Europe.

Originally posted by liza
Hi! Can you please tell me where it was you saw the Mediterranean cruise would be in 2004? My questionnaire did not specify the date or year, just referred to "future cruises". Perhaps we received different e-mails, or maybe I missed it.
The e-mail said nothing about 2004, and I don't recall anything in the survey itself about 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter