New Cricut Review

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
Mike's is going to be selling the new Cricut from Provocraft. I am friends with the Event Coordinator, so she asked me if I wanted to come and check it out. Well, it has it's limits, but what it does is really cool. We were making titles in different sizes, some cute symbols, and then started making letter charms and other things.

So, I have to say, with a coupon, this thing would be fun to have. At this time, there is no way to introduce your own fonts, or clip art, but there is a port to hook it up to a puter, so maybe that is a future thing. It is very portable.

Cost is high, $300 for the unit, $90 per font cartridge, $10 for a 2 pack of the sticky cutting surface, but you can cut lots of things, and the time savings is amazing.

I can answer a few questions if anyone is interested. They will be demoing this at Mike's on Saturdays starting in May. I'm thinking it will be on the shelf either this weekend or next week.

does the $300 machine come with 1 or 2 cartridges? I really want this machine. Michaels said that you can use a 40% off coupon on it so it's not that bad that way!!

It comes with ONE cartridge. It would be nice if it came with more... :teeth:

Using the 40% off coupon dose make it a better deal. :thumbsup2 However I've noticed that they (Mike's) has managed to have them on "sale" ALOT.....for about $279 or so....meaning you CAN'T use the 40% off coupon (on sale items). You really have to watch the add for a time they not fetured....but maybe it's just beacuse they're fairly new to the stores. This past week....they were NOT on "sale" and Mike's did have a 40% off coupon....so I purchased mine Wednesday. However I still haven't taken it out of the box and tryed it yet :guilty: . I'd love to get three other fonts (that's really all I found I liked enough to buy)....BUT they were on "sale" this past week...so I wasn't able to get those at 40% off also....I guess that just means I'll have to wait....(Not for long though...seeing that the new adds come out today)..

QVC Cricut
Ok, here at QVC it is listed with 2 fonts..(scroll down the pg.) is this the same set as Mikes will have?? Also, for those with AC Moore near them, they also sell it already... And they have 40% off coupons too.
I haven't tried it yet, but it would really have to impress me for the $$. KWIM?

No it's not. The one at Mikes only have one (George). I just got the one from Mikes Wednesday....with the coupon (40%off) ....it ended up being $180 and if I get one additional font with the 40% off coupon from Mikes...I'll still end up ahead of the QVC price......Even if I got two additional font with the coupon...I'd only end up paying a little more than the QVC price in total...and end up with one additional font.

I didn't look at the QVC one close enough to see if there was anything else besides the additional font that came with theirs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter