• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New COP Feature on World's Fair Site

barreloflaughs

"Everything is cheaper than it looks........"
Ok, not a rumor and really nothing new but a COP feature has recently been posted on the New York World's Fair 64/65 website. The feature has tons of photos, the complete script and at least one sound file from the original show at the GE pavilion.

Here is the link:
http://www.nywf64.com/genele01.html

This is a really great website especially for anyone looking to relive their visits to the fair. I was lucky enough to have gone twice (I was 7 years old). Really fond memories of COP, Mr. Lincoln, Small World, Ford (think Universe of Energy from the wheel of a Mustang)....Anyways, thought some might be interested.

carl
barrel of laughs

What a nice link, barreloflaughs...

There's a lot of detail in there.

Sarangel

Oh my goodness...what a treasure trove...I was 8 when I went and still remember it....I also remember it cost us $10.00 to ride on a tour bus from Mass and back and included Fair admission...what a deal!

Can you believe the money that was spent for those exhibits...all to be torn down in a couple of years....unbelievable!!!!

If such a place existed today, it would be a premier theme park experience...

I never got to go to the NY Worlds Fair (we went to Seattle in 62) but I love that NY Worlds Fair site. I cna spend hours there. They added alot to the Carousel of Progress section since my last visit.

Thanks for sharing the link. Looks like I'll be spending many hours of nostalgic viewing :)

:) Thanks for the website info. Brings back a lot of memories. I was just 16 back them and enjoyed it immensly. Guess that's why I love wdw so much.

Originally posted by barreloflaughs
Ok, not a rumor and really nothing new but a COP feature has recently been posted on the New York World's Fair 64/65 website. The feature has tons of photos, the complete script and at least one sound file from the original show at the GE pavilion.

Wow. How did you ever find this site? I have so many fond memories attending the fair. A whole eight yrs. old at the time. Lots of great memories and now even more to reminisce about. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter