New convention center?

nunleycentral

Earning My Ears
I heard there is a new convention center/hotel currently under construction. Does anyone know anything about it? Where is it in proximity to the parks? What amenities does it offer? When is it due to open?
We have triplets and there supposedly a triplet convention being held there in July 2003. Just wondering if its worth looking into.
Thanks
Crissy

I think this is the one you're referring to:

www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylordpalms

Hope this helps!

If you are referring to Gaylord Palms, we visited there 2 weeks ago. Didn't stay there, just visited. It is very nice. I've heard the rooms are great, too. We went just to tour the hotel since DH works at Gaylord Opryland. We were very impressed. It is worth going to look at just to see the garden areas.

The main Orlando/Orange County Convention Center is on I-Drive and is in the middle of a MAJOR expansion programme at the moment, adding almost one million square feet of additional space (and taking the total to 3 million). The new North/South complex is due to be completed by May 2003, and it will be linked to the existing West complex by a 1,500ft open-air walkway. There is at least one new hotel planned here, too. The magnificent Gaylord Palms (which opened in February) is about a 20-minute drive away on I-Drive South, and it has its own (very smart) convention center. Osceola County also has plans for a major convention center of its own, but I'm not sure how far advanced they are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter