• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Contract

twinsdad2007

Earning My Ears
We currently own 160 pts AKL with December use year. We usually go to WDW every year and 160 pts are usually enough. However, we would like to start taking parents every other year so we'd like another 100-120 points.

My question is, should we buy at a different resort or buy AKL? December use year or another use year? I think it'd be easier if they were all the same but it seems like most people with multiple contracts have different " homes".

For the time being, must of our travel will be done in the summer months while school is out. We hope to go to DL in the next couple years and we'd like to go yo Aulani in 2020.

We currently own 160 pts AKL with December use year. We usually go to WDW every year and 160 pts are usually enough. However, we would like to start taking parents every other year so we'd like another 100-120 points.

My question is, should we buy at a different resort or buy AKL? December use year or another use year? I think it'd be easier if they were all the same but it seems like most people with multiple contracts have different " homes".

For the time being, must of our travel will be done in the summer months while school is out. We hope to go to DL in the next couple years and we'd like to go yo Aulani in 2020.

Different use years require a second contract, and limitations on "combining" those points to use. Also, purchasing at another resort will give you another "home" resort but remember only the points at that resort can be booked at 11 months out. So those 160 points at AKL could be used 11 months out, but if additional points at a different resort, couldn't use those until 7 months out if also needed to use them at AKL.

If you don't know of another resort that you want the 11 month booking window then buy AKV. If you plan on using your points for 2 rooms at the same resort - which it sounds like - then just buy AKV. Having a Dec UY will make it the easiest. And the summer is not the most difficult time to book at other resorts so it's not a big reason to get a second resort.

People who have multiple resort usually want the home priority window at them.

We have an existing AKV contract and are in the process of adding on. We chose to add-on at AKV instead of another resort. It really depends on what you're looking to do and when. Some people get different resorts to use for specific reasons, like having the 11 month advantage for Food & Wine or marathons. Some people enjoy split stays in different resorts. We chose to keep our points all at AKV because we want to be able to use all of our points at 11 months to book preferred rooms and, someday, GVs for our large and extended family. We also love AKV and will make our reservations at 11 months and if we want to switch to a different resort and cannot, then that's ok, we will still be happy.

Definitely stick with the same UY.

I'm certainly not an expert but I hope my two-cents helps. Good luck!

Another vote for sticking with AKL if you are wanting two room together..
Also stick with the same UY..
I've been looking at buying different UY, and there can be a lot of headaches..
Plus right now there are some deals on dec UY at AKL. But are going fast, so if you want one.. You should start looking now..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter