New Code

I can't believe I even had my hopes up and waited patiently for this...

I just called (and yes, I am a DV holder) and can't apply it to our ressie becuase there is no availability during our trip. My only option is to go concierge for another $150/day to get it. No thanks.

Man am I FRUSTRATED!

They said later this week it will be available to the general public, but based on the availability mid-April, I will be surprised if anything is left by the time it is released to the public.

I hope you have better luck than I did.

My AAA travel agent called & they were unable to do it unless I put the deposit (or reversed) onto the disney Visa card. He did say that the public code will probaly be out in a week or so:cool1:

Clarification

It is for all resorts levels as far as I can tell at this point

It is available on weekends etc. the example shows Sun-Thurs

It is available to everyone, not just visa card holders.

Does anyone know if I can upgrade an unused ticket with these free WP&M and hoppers to a "regular" AP?

This would save me about $200 for myself and DD. I already have an AP. I need to buy her an AP and when we go as a family I would need to buy DH an AP. We're going Pop for 6 nights so that $200 is about $33/night. I currently have AAA with about a $15 discount/night. I doubt AP will be $33/night. I don't think it is worth the risk though......

By the time we get any info from Chase, all the rooms will be gone. They are slower in posting discounts than the AP website. If we didn't see it on these boards we would never know it exist.

That stinks! Chase needs to do something about that.

I called to see if the code APU could be applies to my stay, 4/1/08-4/5/08. The CM said Yes, BUT, that it would have to be for magic your way package (rooms and base ticket together) and that I would have to have the Disney Chase Visa in my name or my husband's name.
As far as it going out to the general public, I was told that the discounts that "should" be released next would be for Annual Passholders and Florida residents.
The CM stated that this "should" happen before discounts would be released to the general public. I am under the impression that this could happen very soon.

Can this be applied to an existing reservation? We just called and got a cm that said it only applied to new reservations?

I have a package booked through AAA with their room discount and a MYW package with DDP. I called my agent today who spoke to Disney and they said I can't "double stack" the discounts, I had to choose one or the other. When she tried to price the difference, Disney said never mind, it's not available for my dates anyway...In the past I've heard conflicting accounts of this principle, seems like it depends upon the agent. If anyone hears differently, please post.

Just curious, did anyone get April 17-24? We're staying at WL. Wasn't going to buy the ticket upgrade anyway, but it would have been nice to have.

I have a package booked through AAA with their room discount and a MYW package with DDP. I called my agent today who spoke to Disney and they said I can't "double stack" the discounts, I had to choose one or the other. When she tried to price the difference, Disney said never mind, it's not available for my dates anyway...In the past I've heard conflicting accounts of this principle, seems like it depends upon the agent. If anyone hears differently, please post.

Just curious, did anyone get April 17-24? We're staying at WL. Wasn't going to buy the ticket upgrade anyway, but it would have been nice to have.

It has ALWAYS been Disney's rule that discounts cannot be stacked
For anyone that thought they had both they must have been looking at the package total incorrectly

Finally! It's booked & we'll be going May 9-15:banana:

Now, I'm hoping the public code will come out so our friends can book their trip as well:wizard:

They said later this week it will be available to the general public, but based on the availability mid-April, I will be surprised if anything is left by the time it is released to the public.

I hope you have better luck than I did.

Don't they open up more rooms with this discount when/if a new code is released? I though they did this last year when we got the free dining code. Once the code was released to the general public, a new block of rooms was opened up. I could be wrong though..

Hoping they open it up to the public soon. It could save us a couple hundred dollars.

Okay - just got off the phone and CM (for what it's worth) told me this deal will be available to the public THIS THURSDAY - said that right now it's just avail. to Disney Visa holders and Canadians but would be open to public on Thursday :banana: Set your speed dial sounds like the race is on :drive:

So, is the only benefit to this discount that you get the water parks free? thanks!!!

Water parks and free hopper. We went during these dates last year and got 40% off, so a free upgrade doesn't seem that great to me. But, if you were already planning to go then I guess it is better than nothing.

Personally, as a disney visa cardholder, I think we should be offered a better discount.

Don't they open up more rooms with this discount when/if a new code is released?

I don't know if anyone knows this for sure but I do think they release discount rooms in drips and drabs. It always seems to me on the first day of a new discount code you will see a lot of post saying no availability at such and such resort on my dates and in the days later you see people getting those resorts. Now it could be the case of canceled reservations but it just seems like too much opens. I have personally experienced calling the morning of a discount and not getting what I wanted then calling later that afternoon and there be tons of availability.

Anyway, it's good to see the discounts starting to come out for that time period. Hopefully more will follow this week and not make us keep waiting

Good luck all!

Water parks and free hopper. We went during these dates last year and got 40% off, so a free upgrade doesn't seem that great to me. But, if you were already planning to go then I guess it is better than nothing.

Personally, as a disney visa cardholder, I think we should be offered a better discount.

Totally agree. I used the Visa code out today and got the free ticket upgrade (which I wasn't planning on getting, but since it's free...). I'd much rather have a nice discount on my room please - as a cardholder.

-Kate

I just hung up with a cm. I asked her if she thought that "room only" discounts would be released soon. She said that it would not be offered this year because of the amount of packages they already had booked for this time frame. I reminded her that they offered one last year. She insisted nothing would be offered this year. I hope she is wrong because what Disney Visa is offering does me no good. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter