• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Code--Standard WL already sold out!!!

momx2

DIS Veteran
I just called to book a standard at WL for Dec. 4-11 and they were already sold out for those dates. I spent the extra $20 for a courtyard view. But, wow, those codes just came out today and already sold out! I think too many people know about these boards and I thought it was our little secret.;)

Wow that does seem quick!!! Could someone explain to me what standard, wood, and courtyard views are. I have only visited the WL. I will be staying there (standard room) Nov 16-23!!!

Wow....that's fast. I wonder whether there are other sold outs from today.

All Star Music and Sports are sold out for some dates, I know (it was late November that I tried).

I was able to upgrade to courtyard view for our November trip and still save $333 from the price I would have been paying for a woodsview. Called CRO back to see if code applied to concierge, but it was already sold out for our dates.

Poly Lagoon Concierge was sold out for December 19-24 at 8:45 am Eastern time...Wahhhhh!

Oh, well, waiting for AP rates now!

For those of you trying to get discounts for resorts that were already booked did you already have room reservations or were you just trying to get the discount for rooms you already reserved like months ago. :confused:
I'll be in the same boat next year so I'm just trying to figure this out!

Diznee25
WDW Christmas Bride Dec.2003

diznee25 - Since our reservations are over Thanksgiving, I made my reservations in January and applied the code that came out today to my room only reservation through CRO.

If I wanted a room with this code, and was told it was sold out, I would keep on checking back. There are most likely going to be ressies made, but deposits not paid.
So check again 10 days later... ;)

Just got WL standard $119/nt from 12/1 - 12/6
Woo Hoo I hope I can make this happen
saving pennies were every I can
Love these boards

Try Expedia. I called CRO this morning to see if I could apply the code to reservations I made for poly concierge back in January. My existing reservations were for $380 / night + tax. CRO told me they were sold out, only lagoon view was left. However, I went and logged into Expedia and they had the same promo rate of $229.00/night for the garden view concierge available for my dates. Reserved through Expedia and cancelled my Disney reservations. So, if you can't get it through the codes, Expedia may have a block of rooms with the same code prices.

Hope this helps.
goofy!

Thanks Goofy!
I just went to Expedia and they do have it! But, I've never booked through them before. Can you still make room requests through CRO? Can you pay your balance when you check in? What if you have to cancel? Sorry for so many questions, but I don't want any surprises! LOL

I just did the same thing with Expedia. The CM at WDW scoffed at my comment that I had heard rooms were available at such and such prices. She just snickered and said "Well they aren't now!"

Sooo, off to the internet I went and found exactly what I was looking for!

The reservation/itenerary is a webpage, and it looks sort of like a confirmation letter from Disney.

It says :

"Reservation has been confirmed by Disney's Polynesian Resort. Your reservation is guaranteed with your credit card. If you change or cancel your plans, please cancel your hotel reservation in advance in accordance with the hotel cancellation policy to avoid a no-show charge. "

The cancellation policy seems the same as WDW (5 days prior).

Pretty painless. And much nicer that that mean old CM:(

Well, I guess Expedia is sold out of my dates too. It says, "This property cannot be processed by our online reservation system. Please select another lodging option, or contact the property directly." I'm getting frustrated! LOL

If you are DC members, try booking it that way. When I called CRO, they said the code was no longer available for WL. They transferred me to Disney Club, and using that code, I was able to get the same rate. $129 woods view for 11/23-11/30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter