New Cinderella

craxyfox

Earning My Ears
Recently I only just noticed that Cinderella has undergone a make-over :worried: The new dress is quite nice, but am I the only person who doesn't find that the wig does any justice for Cinderella?

Just going through a wide range of photos, this wig seems to suit some of the Cinderella's, but not all of them. I grew up loving Cinderella (I'm almost 20 :rotfl:) and I felt like a piece of my childhood died upon seeing this :(

34855-cinderella-sparkle-dessert-plates.jpg

Is this change supposed to be permanent? :worried:

I blame Taylor Swift....just sayin'. Unless, of course, you count last night's People Choice Awards.

I blame Taylor Swift....just sayin'.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Now that you mention her I would like to do the same
I have seen past posts' about this and a lot of people surprisingly found the new look favourable :confused3 I am currently planning for my first trip to the World and have seen so many photos of a beautiful Cinderella and ones who really do look like a real-life version of her.Now I'm afraid it will be a bit of a let down to meet one who resembles her very little :sad1:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Now that you mention her I would like to do the same
I have seen past posts' about this and a lot of people surprisingly found the new look favourable :confused3 I am currently planning for my first trip to the World and have seen so many photos of a beautiful Cinderella and ones who really do look like a real-life version of her.Now I'm afraid it will be a bit of a let down to meet one who resembles her very little :sad1:

This was in October before our dinner at CRT. It may or may not give you some perspective.

IMG_4062_zpsc8433038.jpg

I knew Taylor Swift was going to be trouble. When she walked in.
I couldn't help myself :rotfl2:

This was in October before our dinner at CRT. It may or may not give you some perspective.

IMG_4062_zpsc8433038.jpg

Thanks for sharing that! She looks normal from this angle, I've been lurking through photos of new Cindy on flickr and there have been just a few that don't pull off the wig
Example, I would be a little gutted if I met this Cindy (don't mean to sound shallow but she scares my inner-child a little)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snow1937white/8227623485/

Yes sadly the change is permanent. We absolutely hate it too, she now looks like Barbie pretending to be Cinderella. We wont be buying any merchandise with these new image.

I don't really understand why they felt the need to change it now, after all this time? It's not like MORE people are going to buy Cinderella merchandise because her dress sparkles or her hair and face structure has changed. I guess ALL girls have to have a completely sparkly dress and look like a doll?

Recently I only just noticed that Cinderella has undergone a make-over :worried: The new dress is quite nice, but am I the only person who doesn't find that the wig does any justice for Cinderella?

Just going through a wide range of photos, this wig seems to suit some of the Cinderella's, but not all of them. I grew up loving Cinderella (I'm almost 20 :rotfl:) and I felt like a piece of my childhood died upon seeing this :(

Yes she does seem very barbie! Although I liked Barbie as a child, and watched their princess movies (before they started getting more tweeny and tacky :rotfl: ), this Barbie- Cindy makes me sad

The other princesses haven't seem to have changed, so it is questionable why Cinderella had to take a hit :(
I think if Snow White were to have a make-over there would probably be more widespread protests

Yes she does seem very barbie! Although I liked Barbie as a child, and watched their princess movies (before they started getting more tweeny and tacky :rotfl: ), this Barbie- Cindy makes me sad

The other princesses haven't seem to have changed, so it is questionable why Cinderella had to take a hit :(
I think if Snow White were to have a make-over there would probably be more widespread protests

All the Princesses are going to have make overs and eventually, they will appear this way in the parks and on all the merchandise. Check out the Disney Store website, that has their new looks and they're AWFUL!

I will admit, I'm not thrilled at the new look. I have to agree with the others who say that she looks Barbie-fied or based on Taylor Swift. It's sad, but I think in Disney's mind they need to "update" the princesses to keep with modern fads to have merchandise sales.

I will admit, I'm not thrilled at the new look. I have to agree with the others who say that she looks Barbie-fied or based on Taylor Swift. It's sad, but I think in Disney's mind they need to "update" the princesses to keep with modern fads to have merchandise sales.

I can understand the need to keep up with modern fads to sell merchandise, however I don't really think the Princesses needed to be changed. They have remained so popular for such a long time, I don't see the need for them to change.

I really do like the gown. Well, I have a desire to remake their sleeves for them, but other than that, I do like it. The hair? Eek. No, not a fan. Although it does seem to me they were going for a more modern look.

And yes, Cindy was just the first. They are all going to change. I for one will be very sad when they change Belle. I love that gown, and her hair is fine just the way it is.

My hope is that they will have too many "maintenance" issues with those looser hairstyles and have to go back to the old ones. They could have swapped out the gowns without swapping out the hair.

I really do like the gown. Well, I have a desire to remake their sleeves for them, but other than that, I do like it. The hair? Eek. No, not a fan. Although it does seem to me they were going for a more modern look.

And yes, Cindy was just the first. They are all going to change. I for one will be very sad when they change Belle. I love that gown, and her hair is fine just the way it is.

My hope is that they will have too many "maintenance" issues with those looser hairstyles and have to go back to the old ones. They could have swapped out the gowns without swapping out the hair.

:thumbsup2 Don't get me started on Belle and Ariel. Ariel looks like she had a bad facelift :lmao:

Sorry. But I like it. I think she looks cute. :thumbsup2
I have no real opinions of the ones in the park yet though. I'll wait until I see her in person in May!

I agree, the hair change wasn't necessary. they can glam up the dresses as they please,but changing the hair is almost like changing the character :( I know when I get a full fringe I look very different

Lucky for Snow her hair is too short to really change :rotfl:

I agree.... I do not like the new hair. You can change the dress, fine, but don't change the hair or facial features!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter