New Character meal at the Studios!?

fizz13

<font color=33cc99>Dreams about being stuck on Spa
I was just browsing the disney wdw auditions page and they are looking for someone to play the role of "Sarge" from Toy Story 2 for a new character meal. Just thought this might interest some of you,

Claire xx

Saw this on allears:
"While dining at Hollywood & Vine, my server told me that around April 1 the restaurant is starting a new character dining experience -- for boys! "Breakfast and Beyond" will feature Buzz, Woody, the green soldiers, and others that I can't remember."
Woohoo!

My son would love this! He has suffered through so many princess meals with the girls, it's about time disney thought about the boys.

Any "concrete" news on this?? I read this on the Restaurant board too.......

I'm heading down in late April with 3 boys, and would love to know if this is true or a nasty-get-your-hopes-up rumor.

Someone from the restaurant board tried to make ADRs for it yesterday and the CM knew nothing about it. :confused3

I talked to my neighbor who is a CM in Central Reservations last night.

He says there will be a Character Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine in MGM geared towards boys.

Woody, Buzz, Toy Soldiers and the Power Rangers too.

For what it's worth.

No confirmation on this yet. I called DVC memberservices and they contacted Dining. They "don't know anything about it".

This was taken from the restaurant discussion board.

http://corporate.disney.go.com/audi...ncersinger.html

We just need to give CR time to get it all sorted out. WOO HOO then in June look out BUZZ here comes your biggest fan!

Last Thursday. 01/26/06, I was making reservations for my upcoming trip in May. While on the phone, I inquired about this character breakfast. The reservationsist asked my where I had heard about this, and then proceeded to read to me the official WDW response that he said he had received just that past Monday. "...at this time there are no plans for any new character breaksfast...blah blah blah..." Within 5 minutes after the phone call, I too found the audition announcment for "Sarge" for the new character breakfast to be in MGM... Somebody is not being as forthcoming as they should or could be..... :confused3

I heard they were going to have a "Heroes" breakfast. Hercules, Peter Pan, Aladin, etc. I think they cannot have Buzz and Woody because they are so big in those costumes. It would hard for them to get between the tables. Plus, they can only stamp autographs. Only "face" characters.

I cant believe that with the newer show on in the morning MGM has not started "breakfast with bear" It just seems that it would be packed. :thumbsup2

There is something coming and it will be at MGM before we get there in August. At least that what I was told when I made our dining reservations for August.

anty30 said:
I heard they were going to have a "Heroes" breakfast. Hercules, Peter Pan, Aladin, etc. I think they cannot have Buzz and Woody because they are so big in those costumes. It would hard for them to get between the tables. Plus, they can only stamp autographs. Only "face" characters.

Woody used to stamp, but when we saw him in January he signed. I don't think the Woody costume is much bigger than Goofy, and he's at several character meals. I do agree Buzz may have some trouble getting around - but according to Disney there is no new character meal being planned. ;)

It is so odd to me that the MGM-Disney Studios Park which has the wonderful resources of the Toy Story pictures, Nemo, The Incredibles and Playhouse Disney not to mention original Disney cartoons has no restaurant in the park that serves a real breakfast, let alone a character breakfast! A dining option as basic as breakfast is sorely needed in this park! Even before Pixar was acquired by Disney the breakfast dining options at MGM were lacking. Here's hoping that something is forthcoming!

In 2002 they had a character breakfast at Hollywood and Vine. I'm not sure when they stopped it but it was before our trip in 2004.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter