New castaway club gift

19 days to go for our western Caribbean cruise, if Disney wouldn't spend so much on the bracelets for the hotels then they could afford good stuff on the ships.:cool1::dance3:

What Club Level are you? I am wondering what the Platinum members will receive as additional gifts? Thanks!
We are platinum and just got off the Magic, DS is Silver. The bags are the same size just have writing in different colors just like the message board. Liked both but pen on the message board did not stick well on the door. We also got a photo magic book to insert 10 photos I believe and you can hang it for viewing. It was cute but we had no use for it so we left it behind. No key chain, luggage straps or any food items. The handle came off on ours loops came loose. I took to guest services and they fixed for us. The GS staff shared that they had some problems with this shipment of bags. I really like the size of them. We were hoping for another backpack but really anything is nice since DCL is not obligated to give us anything.

This is a perfect example of why offering a choice would be nice (I know they don't have to give anything, I'm just saying). I am single - traveling solo and live alone with my cat. I have absolutely no use for a message board. If they are going to give us stuff, it would be nice if we could at least pick semi-useful things for our traveling party.

So we got the new bag with just the magnetic board and a marker.

No cookies, no key ring...

What no rice cripsy sandal?
I got one on my last cruise (August 2012)

This is a silver level one (different colors for different levels)
33bd6h3.jpg
Wow!! I can't wait to get it this time

Just got off the Dream on Sunday. We received the silver bag. IMO it's a cute bag and fits a decent amount of items. On the downside, my bag broke while I was walking back to the ship from Castaway Cay. I went to Guest Services and they took the broken bag and had housekeeping deliver a new one. The strap on that one broke while I was waiting in line to clear customs. Oh well. I guess you get what you pay for.;)

This is a perfect example of why offering a choice would be nice (I know they don't have to give anything, I'm just saying).

I agree.

Because that thing *barely* appeals to me, and (I just asked them) absolutely positively does NOT appeal to DH and DS. The backpack, any of us can use. That? I'd barely use it.

Choices are good.

Hoping it's something different by next October.

I am new to Disney cruise lines and I have no idea what I am getting into! I tried sending a PM to yayasue (Im guessing she is our "cruise mom"?) to ask her how to join the fish extender group but It said I didn't have enough points or posts or something to message her?? This is so frustrating! Someone please tell me how this all works or I am going to step onboard this cruise ship and feel lost! Thanks for your help!
Hi...I am new too. I guess you have to post 10 times before you can pm....so look around for 9 more things to comment on...this is one of my 10 :)

Can't wait to get the new bag in a few weeks! I like a variety and I already have the backpack from my last cruise in dec. Now I can keep this new bag and my parents can keep the one from our April cruise and I won't feel bad :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Excited to be cruising soon and getting the new gift, but I don't know how my mom and I are going to decide who gets it, lol. Normally we cruise in separate rooms, but this time it is just her and I and my kids, so one room = one bag.
Maybe we will take turns with it, lol.

Just got back from the Fantasy. I love the new bag. The strap did come undone - but I was able to knot it and continued to use it.

Just off the 2/1/14 Fantasy .
Got the new bag w/magnetic board & markers for door.

Same problem as reported many times.
Grommet pulled out of bag .
Got replacement from Pursers Desk.
Doesn't appear any better Chinese quality .

Yes, very girly .

I'm old. I liked the string bags - they were perfect for the beach, extraordinarily inexpensive - so it was possible to get a good quality bag for very little expense on DCLs part - ten years later I'm still using the string bags.

I hope everyone is telling DCL about their defective bags so they get rid of them.

Just off the Fantasy and we got the beach bag with rope handles, the magnetic board, but also got a metal tin with a bag of scrabble tiles and a deck of playing cards and a notepad and pen, I guess for keeping score. I don't have pics and we tossed the tin they came in to save space for packing. The bag and cards have DCL design on them. I am platinum level.

Of all of the CC gifts I have gotten, I've found the backpack and keychains to be the most useful.

Just off the Fantasy and we got the beach bag with rope handles, the magnetic board, but also got a metal tin with a bag of scrabble tiles and a deck of playing cards and a notepad and pen, I guess for keeping score. I don't have pics and we tossed the tin they came in to save space for packing. The bag and cards have DCL design on them. I am platinum level.

Is it the same bag everyone is complaining about?

We received our gold bag 2 weeks ago on the Magic.

I really like it, we were able to put 3 towels in it to bring on our Blue Lagoon excursion. Plus a few other little things too.

I have 1 red drawstring bag from 2012 and about 4 blue back packs.
I was afraid I wouldn't like this new one, but it is really nice and big.

We also got the magnetic board and the metal game box.
The game box is really neat too. We like to play scrabble sometimes on the ship before dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter