New castaway cay cabanas?

Thanks so much for posting, and the update, regarding the new Cabanas on the Family Beach. Just a few inquiries if you have time. ;) Did you reserve this unit in advance online? Was this reserved once aboard? Were you sailing concierge? Was a waiting list involved? Was your group green, wearing yellow tips with black hats? What # was your Cabana? I'll guess #19 given your description. Was there vegetation in place around your unit, or the new units? They were naked prior. Were all the new units furnished? Did you see furniture on the last two unoccupied units? Like on the exterior decks. Were the last two units occupied at all? Can we interrogate you for a week? :lmao: Just curious about the details is all. :hyper: Hope the weather was nice btw. TIA

I can answer a few of these...

When we were there on the fantasy 12/6 sailing, all of the cabanas had been renumbered. We talked to a family at serenity bay who had originally been taken to the family beach, but were relocated to the former # 19 on serenity bay, so I guess there's some confusion among the CMs.

Also, there was no vegetation we could see around the new cabanas. I have a few photos that I took from the ship, but can't share them on here from my phone.

mkcbt.jpg

When we were on CC on 11/29/14 we had Cabana #17 (last of the old Cabanas) and there were people who were on the new #18 & #19. Those two were not on the listed Cabanas on the Port Adventures when we were able to check in online then and these families probably were given the option to take #18 & #19 while on the ship. The new 'bigger Cabanas' (20,21) were still closed at that time.
I'll see if they are open when we are there on Feb 8, 2015 and hopefully post some pictures of the bigger sized Cabanas.

We were the first guest to use the larger double cabana number 21 (family beach) it was Amazing!'!
We're on the January 3 fantasy sailing..we got married on castaway cay
Hope to do a small review and some pics about the cabana soon. Off the ship and at WDW for next few weeks...still limited time and Internet access.
Any questions we are happy to help

We were the first guest to use the larger double cabana number 21 (family beach) it was Amazing!'!
We're on the January 3 fantasy sailing..we got married on castaway cay
Hope to do a small review and some pics about the cabana soon. Off the ship and at WDW for next few weeks...still limited time and Internet access.
Any questions we are happy to help

How exciting- congratulations! Were the new, big cabanas listed online or were you offered once on board ( or was it part of the marriage package)? Were people in the other large cabana?

That's great. I have a bunch of questions:
Were you able to book online prior to cruise?
Did you put your name on a waitlist once onboard?
How many people were you in that large cabana and how many will it hold?
What was the cost?
We've heard that two of the four new ones were being used. If the large one that you used is the 3rd, is that final smaller one being used?
Was only available to you as part of the wedding package?
It appears far away from Cookies. Did you get a ride from your Cabana Boy to Cookies or that area or did you walk it?

How exciting- congratulations! Were the new, big cabanas listed online or were you offered once on board ( or was it part of the marriage package)? Were people in the other large cabana?

Hello
No we were not able to book online. As they said all the new cabanas were not finished. They were waiting to be furnished.
No, was not apart of our wedding package
No, it's was private for our group only. If recall correct it will hold up to 20 is what Disney is telling everyone
We had us and our 16 guest in the cabana and it still felt massive. It's basically 2 cabanas put together with a big veranda

Our cabana host had not seen it completed and were surprised how big it is.

Not certain when they are going to open it up for booking. From what we were told Disney still has not determined how they are going to offer it/sell it and so forth

I can tell you that it's the very last one and is far from everything. But it's very private and the beach out in front and ocean feels like your own your own private island. As there was nobody else out there. If you order drinks from the bar...it's takes some time for them to be delivered back to you. That's the only point I would make to Disney. They need to put a drink/ bar station near the cabanas for cabana use only. Or give bar staff a golf cart to expedite the process

they still were not using the smaller new cabanas. They were empty when we were there..and they were not allowing any guest to use them. Not sure why
But we overheard on a number occasions people wanting to book a cabana and they said all were sold,out. But castaway cay day they sat completely empty.

Sorry should clarify
Larger cabana is private use only for your group. At least in our case
Disney from what we are told will not make you share the cabana with other families.
However, they noted Disney is looking to market the larger cabana starting at 10 people. Not sure if Disney is going to say no if you have less than 10 people when booking. Or, if you are willing to pay the price...it's on,y a guessing game if Disney will allow you to book if you have less than 10 guest.
It's still a new to everyone
In fact, most of the island staff was not even aware it existed.

That's great. I have a bunch of questions: Were you able to book online prior to cruise? Did you put your name on a waitlist once onboard? How many people were you in that large cabana and how many will it hold? What was the cost? We've heard that two of the four new ones were being used. If the large one that you used is the 3rd, is that final smaller one being used? Was only available to you as part of the wedding package? It appears far away from Cookies. Did you get a ride from your Cabana Boy to Cookies or that area or did you walk it?

No was nit able to book prior to cruise. They said they were not completed yet
Even when we asked onboard they answer was no. They were aware we kept asking for it..and they said it was not completed and was just waiting to be furnished
Concierge and our wedding host was able to get us into it. They surprised us just after we said I Do on the beach

The new ones were not begin used when we were there. Despite many people trying to book them. They sat empty
The last new one (next door the our large one) looked like it still needed allot of work to be finished.

No, booking the larger number 21 cabana was not apart of our wedding package
Though I think our Disney fairytale wedding onboard coordinator and concierge staff were able to make the right phone calls to get us into it.

Yes, it's far from everything. It's literally the last thing on that side of the island.
As noted above ordering drinks and anything from the bar/cabana host staff took a while to make it back to you
We had use of private golf carts to take us to/from anywhere we wanted. We had them for the entire day and wedding

We always got a ride
And we were able to take lunch from cookies back to our cabana to eat.

We were the first guest to use the larger double cabana number 21 (family beach) it was Amazing!'! We're on the January 3 fantasy sailing..we got married on castaway cay Hope to do a small review and some pics about the cabana soon. Off the ship and at WDW for next few weeks...still limited time and Internet access. Any questions we are happy to help
Congrats to you both!

First time Disney cruise and I have been obsessively looking for an open cabana pretty much everyday. Well... to my suprise low and behold there was one available, yesterday. We are cruising March 13. Of course, I snatched that bad boy up! Cabana 19 on the family beach. I located a map of the cabanas on Castaway Cay on one of these forms and it stated that Cabana 19 was located on Serenity Bay, but I had reserved 19 on the family beach.... So, to address my confusion, I called Disney today and was advised the cabanas have been re-numbered. Family cabanas are 1-21 and serenity bay 22-25. An updated map is not available. I was also told that the new cabanas were just released and that I was lucky to have obtained this one. I def feel LUCKY today!

Yeah they released a couple for our cruise in May and they sat open for 4 days. I believe they released the new #d ones for a lot of cruises the other day because you are like the 10th person to say something between all of my boards about this. Enjoy! I would LOVE pics and a review when you get back as I have 15 reserved. Thx!

Does anyone know the cost of the new, larger family cabanas? My daughter got married on DCL last year and we had to book 2 cabanas. It would have been nice to all be together and maybe less expensive?

Edited: the price of all cabanas increased so the reg fam cabanas are $590.18 now.

Last edited:
the price of 21 was $799 for up to 10 people, then $50 pp up to 16. 18-20 still have a limit of 10 people.

Found that on another thread

the price of 21 was $799 for up to 10 people, then $50 pp up to 16. 18-20 still have a limit of 10 people.

Found that on another thread

CABANAS (12/18/14 price Bahamas 7.5% VAT)
Family beach: $549 $590.18
Cabana #21 $799
Serenity Bay: $399 $420.93

Price includes up to 6 guests on the Family Beach and up to 4 guests on Serenity Bay, additional $50 per person charges can be accommodated onboard up to a Maximum of 10 guests. Cabana #21 on Family Beach price is for up to 10 people with a $50 per person additional up to a maximum of 16.

CABANAS (12/18/14 price Bahamas 7.5% VAT)
Family beach: $549 $590.18
Cabana #21 $799
Serenity Bay: $399 $420.93

Price includes up to 6 guests on the Family Beach and up to 4 guests on Serenity Bay, additional $50 per person charges can be accommodated onboard up to a Maximum of 10 guests. Cabana #21 on Family Beach price is for up to 10 people with a $50 per person additional up to a maximum of 16.

So basically if you have 10 people it would cost about the same (just a little more)for the large cabana as it does for the smaller one and you get a lot more room. I think we had 16 people total when we went last year so we actually would have saved about $200. This is great for large groups or weddings!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter