• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Carpet coming to the GF Lobby!

kcampbell

Disney Girl
I saw this blog post the other day and thought instantly of how happy many upcoming DFTW brides (esp WP brides) will be with this news. Thanks to Amanda Tinney and her blog, "Disney Every Day" you can see the plans for the upcoming remodel of the GF staircase carpet including a new "Carriage" design on the lower platform. Enjoy girls! :goodvibes

The full article:
http://www.disneyeveryday.com/disne...rpet-renovation-includes-cinderella-carriage/

One of Amanda's photos of the master plan:
IMG_38401-1024x768.jpg

As long as the carpet is not being ripped up the week of my wedding :headache:
I want the pictures of DF and I on the grand staircase, as well, this is where we are honeymooning and don't want pictures of the main lobby all torn up during a reno.
Any ideas of when this is scheduled to begin :confused3

I just returned from our stay at the Grand Floridian. They replaced the lobby carpet last week and already had all the furniture back in place before we left on Sunday. Not sure about the grand staircase because I was too busy admiring the BEAUTIFUL new carpet in the lobby!! :)

Thanks for sharing! I'm so excited, I've thought that the staircase could use some freshening up.

I just returned from our stay at the Grand Floridian. They replaced the lobby carpet last week and already had all the furniture back in place before we left on Sunday. Not sure about the grand staircase because I was too busy admiring the BEAUTIFUL new carpet in the lobby!! :)

Woo Hoo :cool1:
They are probably working on the grand staircase this week. My wedding isn't until July 15th so hopefully they will be done what they are doing by then! Can't wait to see it!

Thanks for the info Disneytech! It was still the old carpet when I was there a couple weeks ago, but it probably is done by now with your info. :thumbsup2

You're welcome Sara (pezaddict) and 2010_bride--I knew a lot of you would be happy with the news! :goodvibes

We were there over the holiday weekend and it is even more beautiful in person than any picture!! I pointed out the carriage at the base of the grand staircase to my husband. Truly beautiful! June brides have nothing to worry about. :thumbsup2

I wonder if this is the same carpet that's going to be going into the wedding pavilion eventually. :rolleyes: I like it, I'd be happy with it.

Don't know, but there were a heap of posts about it a couple of months ago :confused3

Hi!!! That's me! :D The new carpet is gorgeous...and yes, I am the first bride to use it. :goodvibes

You looked beautiful Karen! Congratulations on the wedding and on lucking out and being the first "new carpet" bride! (ok, that sounds a little funny :lmao:) Oh well, Congrats again! :goodvibes

Thanks! :goodvibes It was a lot of fun - Rev. Tim did our ceremony - he was even excited about the new carpet. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter