New Breakfast Options

thanks, thats really helpful... now lets wait for some photos from buffet breakfast at plaza garden to see how many characters and if any differ than cafe mickey but guess it will be the same xx

How long do these usually last? I am interested in the 8:15 seating, but am worried about this delaying our whole day when the park opens at 9. We only have 1 day at DLP on a Monday in May. I also know this might save us some time to avoid character meets later in the day. Any insight?

How long do these usually last? I am interested in the 8:15 seating, but am worried about this delaying our whole day when the park opens at 9. We only have 1 day at DLP on a Monday in May. I also know this might save us some time to avoid character meets later in the day. Any insight?

No one knows! It's all INCREDIBLY brand new! Character breakfasts have never been in Plaza Gardens before!!

C x

No one knows! It's all INCREDIBLY brand new! Character breakfasts have never been in Plaza Gardens before!!

C x

I had character breakfast in plaza gardens many moons ago, 2005. I can't remember when the last sitting was, maybe it will be same times that cafe mickey has been until now. The restaurant reservation line should know.

Let's hope that DLP will bring back more character dining options to the park. With Café Mickey closing and rumours that you won't be able to eat in Inventions for dinner unless you are a DLH guest, I really hope that the reason for this is that they'll bring back opportunities to meet characters other than standing in queues all day.

I remember character teas at various places in the park, Lucky Nugget and I think BBQ Cookout too - We first met Woody and Buzz in a character tea in Pizza Planet!

Café Mickey and the other character restaurants were an absolute joy when my kids were younger and desperate to meet characters - made everything so easy.

I so agree with you - we first went to DLP in 2005 after having visited WDW the previous year and I remember being spoilt for choice at DLP with far more character dining opportunities than at WDW at the time - and with being able to order pizzas at Cafe Mickey or the tea parties they weren't at elitist prices! We used to love having lunch at Lucky Nugget (had a fabulous Christmas dinner there our first year) and also Sunday brunch at the Steakhouse. I actually preferred that to Inventions Sunday brunch and you could tell it was frequented by locals which is always a good sign.

Regardless of what transpires with Inventions and non-residents, I really hope they will soon announce a reasonable alternative to Cafe Mickey - preferably lunch and dinner because not everyone enjoys breakfast or wants to dine with the princesses.

My hubby thinks I'm being miserable and not being open to change/progress when I say this but I'm sort of glad my girls have grown up as I think maybe we got the best years - especially where character dining was concerned.

We were in the park yesterday and I was just exiting the baby care centre when the characters from the Plaza gardens breakfast were walking past on their way to go backstage. There was Mickey, Daisy, Donald, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet.

I so agree with you - we first went to DLP in 2005 after having visited WDW the previous year and I remember being spoilt for choice at DLP with far more character dining opportunities than at WDW at the time - and with being able to order pizzas at Cafe Mickey or the tea parties they weren't at elitist prices! We used to love having lunch at Lucky Nugget (had a fabulous Christmas dinner there our first year) and also Sunday brunch at the Steakhouse. I actually preferred that to Inventions Sunday brunch and you could tell it was frequented by locals which is always a good sign.

Regardless of what transpires with Inventions and non-residents, I really hope they will soon announce a reasonable alternative to Cafe Mickey - preferably lunch and dinner because not everyone enjoys breakfast or wants to dine with the princesses.

My hubby thinks I'm being miserable and not being open to change/progress when I say this but I'm sort of glad my girls have grown up as I think maybe we got the best years - especially where character dining was concerned.

I really hope they sort out something much better regarding character dining. It's one area that I think they are really really lacking in DLP. We were in WDW in 2015 and we had options for breakfast lunch and dinner. I realise WDW is a completely different set-up to DLP and it's not fair to compare the two, but I do think they need more choice for character meals. They would definitely make the money on them I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter