new blog: Kevin's review of Shutters

There is something in all of Kevin's reviews that I love, but this one had me laughing from start to finish!

Kevin, I love you! Thanks for being you.:)

Wow.. that is really an odd place to go and eat! That review had me laughing! I love listening (in this case reading) your reviews Kevin, I am sorry that you did not have a better experience at this restaurant.

I haven't been an active DISer for quite some time (but always lurking), but this review has interested me enough to speak up. I'm a bartender at WDW, and an old buddy of mine from our days together at the MK is now one of the F&B managers at CBR. He has frequently called me in a panic when their Shutters service bartender has called in sick, and I have worked quite a few shifts there over the past couple of years. I have enjoyed the work (slow pace, decent tip-out, 6-hour shift), but, without criticizing any particular individuals, I will just say that many of Kevin's comments are justified. The Disney service standards seem to be pretty lax at Shutters, perhaps one of the reasons I like working there. I find it amusing when I make good-looking drinks in a quick manner and have the servers comment, "Wow! You're fast, you keep the counter clean, and you don't complain!" I guess it doesn't take much to impress them compared to their status quo.

As for the smoothies and "milk shakes," always, always, ALWAYS avoid a milk shake at a Disney lounge or bar. Some places that specialize in milk shakes (Sci-Fi comes to mind) will use real ice cream, but otherwise they are throwing Minute Maid Vanilla Ice Cream Base into an Island Oasis machine, the industrial blenders used to make pina coladas and daiquiris. The ice cream base is good for blended cocktails, such as mudslides and creamsicles, but it is no substitute for real ice cream in a milk shake. At Shutters, a chocolate "milk shake" or smoothie is the vanilla base with chocolate syrup, and a strawberry smoothie is the vanilla base with strawberry daiquiri mix. When in doubt, ask the server how it will be made, and if they say with vanilla ice cream, clarify if it is real ice cream or the ice cream base used behind the bar.

HI!!! I just wonder if anyone from Disney ever listens to these reviews and says "WHAT!!!!!!!" OMG!! You could write a book on customer service on some of these reviews. Much less would these people treat their friends or family like they treat the actual customers????

That's my view and only my view!!
Holly
:teacher:

Thank you. I have a ressie for Coral Reef on our arrival day but was thinking of going to Shutters instead (since the kids will be tired from the travel day.)
Now, I'm going to drag the kids to the Coral Reef. Even though CR has been getting poor reviews lately couldn't be any worse than that review. And at least CR has a nice atmosphere.

In general, are the table service restaraunts at the Mod resorts (for the 3 mods that have table service), bad? Or at least amongst the lowest rated table service on Disney property?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter