New automated waitlist filling- are you still checking the website?

pangyal

#TeamSven
I'm just curious about everyone's experience with the new waitlist filler- I had one come through yesterday and it seamlessly merged with my existing reservation, so I was quite impressed. However, I am still waitlisted for the first of four nights, and can't help but check the availability multiple times a day.

My understanding is that any cancellations are now automatically checked against existing waitlist requests and held back from the RAT pending manual verification. With that being said, has anyone found availability to fill their search in the last few days that matched a waitlist request? I'm wondering whether I can stop checking the availability page for once !

I'm just curious about everyone's experience with the new waitlist filler- I had one come through yesterday and it seamlessly merged with my existing reservation, so I was quite impressed. However, I am still waitlisted for the first of four nights, and can't help but check the availability multiple times a day.

My understanding is that any cancellations are now automatically checked against existing waitlist requests and held back from the RAT pending manual verification. With that being said, has anyone found availability to fill their search in the last few days that matched a waitlist request? I'm wondering whether I can stop checking the availability page for once !

Well, DVC makes changes to the way they do business, they apparently have changed the waitlist process without telling us, they can also change it back without telling us. If you really want your waitlist, I would continue to check.

:earsboy: Bill

Yes, I keep checking ... mostly because of the "2 waitlist" limit. Let's assume I have both active ... I'll still check for other variations: different unit size/type, different resort or for partial nights that might, eventually, add up to meet my desired length of stay.

I keep stalking the website because I may be waiting for one day to fill in, but an entire week could spontaniously pop up at a different resort which might be a better fit for my needs. I've picked up three nights in a VGF standard view studio, and 6 nights in a BLT one bedroom standard view over (and including) NYE. I never would have expected to grab those, and certainly wouldn't waitlist them. But when you're checking constantly and something pops up, it's a much better feeling than matching one day on a waitlist.

Definitely check - the resort availability tool showed the room we wanted and our wait list had not been filled.

May I ask when this happened for you? Was it within the last few days?

I am trying to get our first night in February at VGF, have both standard and LV waitlisted, and I can't stop obsessively checking as the fourth night just came through yesterday via WL :P

I am trying to get our first night in February at VGF, have both standard and LV waitlisted, and I can't stop obsessively checking as the fourth night just came through yesterday via WL :P
I started noticing improvements to the waitlist about six weeks ago. Both when picking up a night and when dropping a reservation where the nights never returned to inventory.

So does this mean there's little point in checking for openings after business hours? I've been checking for options other than my 2-max both day and night. If they're in limbo until someone checks I would assume there's no chance of it showing as available during night hours. This is assuming there's already waitlists in place for all the options. This is for a studio for one night 2 weeks from now, so I would think that's a safe assumption.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that waitlists only match if all of the nights come open. For example, I waitlisted 5 nights and shortly after nights 3, 4 & 5 opened up. That would not have filled my waitlist and I would have been bypassed. So I booked them and changed the waitlist to nights 1 & 2. The night 2 came open, I booked it and changed the waitlist. Then night 1 came open on the waitlist.

Answered my own question, or at least debunked my assumption. I checked this afternoon and found a studio at AKL open for the day I needed so I was able to grab it for less than 2 weeks from now. I guess I'll keep checking when needed.

Answered my own question, or at least debunked my assumption. I checked this afternoon and found a studio at AKL open for the day I needed so I was able to grab it for less than 2 weeks from now. I guess I'll keep checking when needed.
Were you already waitlisted for that exact day and only that day?

"Were you already waitlisted for that exact day and only that day?"

Yes, only that day. It's for my wife, she's in town for a convention before the rest of the family (me and our daughters) arrive later in the week. She is staying at DW one day before her conference at another hotel so I booked her at SS. She prefers BCV or BWV so we had that waitlisted for only that day. AKL is better than SS for her so I grabbed that while still waitlisted.

"Were you already waitlisted for that exact day and only that day?"

Yes, only that day. It's for my wife, she's in town for a convention before the rest of the family (me and our daughters) arrive later in the week. She is staying at DW one day before her conference at another hotel so I booked her at SS. She prefers BCV or BWV so we had that waitlisted for only that day. AKL is better than SS for her so I grabbed that while still waitlisted.
Ah ok, so you were in fact not waitlisted for the exact size, resort, length of stay, and date, if I am understanding correctly. I am just trying to ascertain whether there is point in checking availability to fill a waitlist on my own, or whether it is so automated now that I would never get a chance to see a cancellation released back into inventory.

Hm - last month or so - we also needed one night at VGF, which we had wait listed. My husband saw it one morning and grabbed it. it was for this Labor Day weekend so we feel pretty lucky!

I booked through member services: a cash room for our Sat night stay, Sunday and Monday were available on points and then cash for Tues-Thurs. All cash were wait listed. First Sat wait list came through and then yesterday, I received an email stating that we were able to get Tues-Thurs. So excited. I like the new system notifications.

Ah ok, so you were in fact not waitlisted for the exact size, resort, length of stay, and date, if I am understanding correctly. I am just trying to ascertain whether there is point in checking availability to fill a waitlist on my own, or whether it is so automated now that I would never get a chance to see a cancellation released back into inventory.

I have an answer, and it's not a good one. I checked this morning and there was an available studio for the exact resort, length of stay and date available. It was only 8:45 am so I couldn't call yet and I didn't want to cancel my current reservation to try and get it as those points would have gone into holding so I took a chance to wait until 9 am. Well the room was gone 10 minutes later. This could be one of two things; someone was higher on the waitlist or someone sniped it. Either way it seems there is NO ADMINSTRATIVE HOLD... so the question is, what's the point of a waitlist if anyone can cut in line??? :(

OCD pays off in pixie dust...

A quick update. My waitlist expired yesterday as I was trying for a studio at BCV for this coming Wednesday. Still checking for availability every time I passed the computer, every one or two hours. This morning I was able to grab a 1BR (there was also a studio available but we had holding points we had to use anyway) at BCV for this coming Wednesday! Keep checking, keep on checking...

It seems as though the new algorithm must be working well because I have noticed greater stability with the Resort Availability Tool.

I have an answer, and it's not a good one. I checked this morning and there was an available studio for the exact resort, length of stay and date available. It was only 8:45 am so I couldn't call yet and I didn't want to cancel my current reservation to try and get it as those points would have gone into holding so I took a chance to wait until 9 am. Well the room was gone 10 minutes later. This could be one of two things; someone was higher on the waitlist or someone sniped it. Either way it seems there is NO ADMINSTRATIVE HOLD... so the question is, what's the point of a waitlist if anyone can cut in line??? :(
I too was on a waitlist for OKW Deluxe Studio 12-6 thru 12-8. I've been checking the resort availability tool daily to see if anything opened up. Lo & behold a studio appeared this morning and I grabbed it. My waitlist is still out there unfulfilled. I called member services to inquire why my waitlist didn't get filled and they said I.T is aware that something is amiss with the waitlist system. I'm so glad I kept checking on my own or I wouldn't have gotten the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter