New attractions and rides 2014

I am not understanding why it is taking so long to open "Avatarland". Universal is coming right along with Diagon Alley... Jaws was just closed this time last year and they are scheduled to open this summer. As for other new attractions, I was somewhat disappointed in New Fantasyland. New spins on old dark rides doesn't really do it for me. and Enchanted Tales with Belle has been around for years, just not in Maurice's house. I think the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train looks cute, but I believe it's going to be really tame. If we are looking at which park REALLY needs new attractions, I think it would be Disney's Hollywood Studios. I would far rather see them go to work on the Star Wars area, and extend Pixar Place into the area now occupied by the Backlot Tour. They could really do some great things with that area... something along the lines of Car's Land, finally going ahead with the Monster's Inc coaster ride. etc. Personally, I like DAK the way it is... with the shorter hours. I don't want some "night time spectacular" spooking the animals. They are what the park is all about, anyway!:confused:

I am not understanding why it is taking so long to open "Avatarland". Universal is coming right along with Diagon Alley... Jaws was just closed this time last year and they are scheduled to open this summer. As for other new attractions, I was somewhat disappointed in New Fantasyland. New spins on old dark rides doesn't really do it for me. and Enchanted Tales with Belle has been around for years, just not in Maurice's house. I think the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train looks cute, but I believe it's going to be really tame. If we are looking at which park REALLY needs new attractions, I think it would be Disney's Hollywood Studios. I would far rather see them go to work on the Star Wars area, and extend Pixar Place into the area now occupied by the Backlot Tour. They could really do some great things with that area... something along the lines of Car's Land, finally going ahead with the Monster's Inc coaster ride. etc. Personally, I like DAK the way it is... with the shorter hours. I don't want some "night time spectacular" spooking the animals. They are what the park is all about, anyway!:confused:
Avatar is going to start breaking ground this year. It's set to open in 2017 that's three years diagonal alley is a two year project and takes up much less space than avatar land will. Avatar land is going to be in such detail that it will blow any recent park expansions out of the park. Just look at the concept art that has been released floating mountains and a bioluminescent forest are two things that universal has never done anything like. The actual attractions may be just okay but they want to immerse you into the land of pandora. The seven dwarfs mine train is supposed to be something similar to big thunder mountain which was expected Disney is not going to build a thrill ride when they want to again immerse you in the story. Disney's Hollywood studios has been rumored for an expansion or at least a new ride for a very long time and Bob Iger has said they are working on Star Wars attractions. I think we will see that announcement this year with the 25th anniversary of DHS in May. As far as I know the monsters inc coaster rumors have been flying around forever and it's been pretty much shot down lately with Star Wars the latest rumor had it being add to DCA. It's also already been experiment the night time spectacular will not spook the animals it's not even sure if the new event will have fireworks. No details on that new event has been announced yet and I don't see that happening until a little bit before they actually start the show.

Perhaps Disney takes so long to sucker us into going over and over again while
Actually decreasing the tangible improvement in the product?

Gee... That never occurred to me before ;)

Perhaps Disney takes so long to sucker us into going over and over again while
Actually decreasing the tangible improvement in the product?

Gee... That never occurred to me before ;)

Oh, totally! The snail-like pace of construction has to be part of their value engineering. The less people on the job, the cheaper the cost that can be amortized out over that many more months. It doesn't take 2 years to build a small roller coaster with a few "mine" effects in it. It's just ridiculous.

When will the Fantasy Parade start?
I know it said Spring 2014. When is that in Florida?

We are going in March, and hoping to see it.

When will the Fantasy Parade start? I know it said Spring 2014. When is that in Florida? We are going in March, and hoping to see it.
I stand corrected I just say on twitter from a Disney reporter that the new parade will start march 16th. The old parade ends tomorrow.

That would really surprise me. I could see a lot of potential Disney souvenir dollars being diverted at that location.

That would be shocking

American girl are destination locations... And Disney would probably want way to favorable lease terms than the AG people would want.

Remember that American girl also is owned by mattel... And I don't know where Disney stands with them...I believe they are currently in league with hasbro

If they were to put one in downtown (highly unlikely due to size in my opinion)... It would be banking that residual draw would balance the loss dollars spent there.
But they never had a problem selling crap there...including a line of Disney princess American girl ripoff dolls.

Then why do you do it?

Who says I do?

My "investment" in Walt Disney world is on a steady downward arc and has been for quite a few years...
But to answer you question... DVC is a better deal each year...and I do hope they will find some BS monetary angle where more investment will be favorable (Chicago math or something)

we're starting to leak outside the compound... Which 10 years ago I had little use for

But this growing issue is almost like a 1920's factory worker uprising...
The "leaders"... The vocal few... Will
Make no headway until the whole crew starts
To walk off and form a picket line.
As long as they find a throng to pour money blindly into all the garbage they slap a price tag on...I'm thinking specifically about chef mickeys and the fantasmic dinner packages...then I have no voice.

Oh, totally! The snail-like pace of construction has to be part of their value engineering. The less people on the job, the cheaper the cost that can be amortized out over that many more months. It doesn't take 2 years to build a small roller coaster with a few "mine" effects in it. It's just ridiculous.

I think it's even more than that...but
You're right

I think snail construction allows them to milk PR...because they don't want to build while not looking like that on the surface.

One area that sea world ( till recently) and Comcast have effected them is that they have invested far more
Aggressively for over 10 years... Even though they are on a much lower level.

Not much money in the budget for new attractions as need those millions to sink into MBs and FP+

You are correct. The article below confirms that due to the financial black hole endless Magic+ issues and expenses have created , Iger has ordered the brakes slammed on almost all new attraction development across the entire Parks and Resorts enterprise (WDW/DL/HKDL and Shanghai):

http://micechat.com/49401-my-magic-plus-failure/

Avatar is going to start breaking ground this year.

We'll believe that when we see it.

It's set to open in 2017 that's three years

Given the experience with the Mine Train Coaster, as well as the reputation of Cameron, 2019-2020 is more likely the earliest you are going to see anything.

Avatar land is going to be in such detail that it will blow any recent park expansions out of the park.

Yes, certainly. We heard the same hype when they announced the plans to expand Fantasyland.

Just look at the concept art that has been released floating mountains and a bioluminescent forest are two things that universal has never done anything like.

The concept art for "Disney's America" was neat, too....and that's as far as that park ever got. As for Universal, they're too busy building the expansion of the very successful Wizarding World to care about what a competitor is supposedly going to do with a non-franchise film people can't even name a single character from.

The actual attractions may be just okay but they want to immerse you into the land of pandora.

Over on the pro-Avatar threads, we're being told the supposed attractions will be incredible, ground-breaking, life-changing, etc. You're saying they'll just be "OK". Which is it? :confused3

Disney's Hollywood studios has been rumored for an expansion or at least a new ride for a very long time and Bob Iger has said they are working on Star Wars attractions.

Not happening. Due to the financial hemorrhaging being caused by the endlessly messed up rollout of "Next Gen" a.k.a. Magic+, Iger has put a hold on any new attraction development at WDW:

http://micechat.com/49401-my-magic-plus-failure/

I think we will see that announcement this year with the 25th anniversary of DHS in May.

Unlikely, read point above again.

It's also already been experiment the night time spectacular will not spook the animals

That's not what the anti Sea World crowd is saying.

The real problem is 2015, which truly is slated to have nothing new open. Maybe they'll come up with a new film for Captain Eo or Soarin' by then, but I'm not expecting much.

I hope that they can fast track something to be built for 2016 though and not have to wait until 2017 for Pandora to be the next interesting ride.

Sorry if someone already talked about this but there is no way I see a new Soarin' film coming. I would argue Soarin' is still the most popular ride in WDW so why would they change something that is obviously not broke?

And on another note, I don't see nothing opening as a problem. I like Disney as it is and while new rides are always great, but I am not going to not go back if there is nothing new. I think Disney has an appeal that no other theme parks come close to and that is why people go back, they don't go back for new rides every year.

Sorry if someone already talked about this but there is no way I see a new Soarin' film coming. I would argue Soarin' is still the most popular ride in WDW so why would they change something that is obviously not broke?

And on another note, I don't see nothing opening as a problem. I like Disney as it is and while new rides are always great, but I am not going to not go back if there is nothing new. I think Disney has an appeal that no other theme parks come close to and that is why people go back, they don't go back for new rides every year.

Part of what has made the Disney parks so dominant has been that they have always reinvented and expanded. That includes Florida and that is a problem.

Not to get nostalgic...but when the founder of the company bets the farm on opening an amusement park, then stands at it's opening and declares that it will never be complete because innovation and imagination always grows...

Then I think you own it.
Disneyland doesn't stagnate like this...so there's that too

We'll believe that when we see it. Given the experience with the Mine Train Coaster, as well as the reputation of Cameron, 2019-2020 is more likely the earliest you are going to see anything. Yes, certainly. We heard the same hype when they announced the plans to expand Fantasyland. The concept art for "Disney's America" was neat, too....and that's as far as that park ever got. As for Universal, they're too busy building the expansion of the very successful Wizarding World to care about what a competitor is supposedly going to do with a non-franchise film people can't even name a single character from. Over on the pro-Avatar threads, we're being told the supposed attractions will be incredible, ground-breaking, life-changing, etc. You're saying they'll just be "OK". Which is it? :confused3 Not happening. Due to the financial hemorrhaging being caused by the endlessly messed up rollout of "Next Gen" a.k.a. Magic+, Iger has put a hold on any new attraction development at WDW: http://micechat.com/49401-my-magic-plus-failure/ Unlikely, read point above again. That's not what the anti Sea World crowd is saying.
First off I think the expansion with fantasyland is great. The mine coaster would have not taken as long if it were just being built by itself not with an entire expansion. The expansion ended up opening in phases which is why it seems like the mine coaster is taking for ever. That coaster is the last phase. When universal starts drawing everyone away from Disney then Disney will do something they don't see a need to do anything because they are still the world theme park leader. There is no evidence that my magic + is a failure yet. They are seeing an increase in revenue from it as reported by Tom staggs. Yes there were hiccups in the system but they are fixed and everything as of right now is going very well. Magic bands will be the default at every resort by the end of January. The all FP+ test at AK has been going very well and it is expected another park will soon follow in a similar test. With spending so much money they want to get it right they are taking a great approach at this. As for the new night time show at AK we have no details as for what's going to be in the show so who knows how or if it will disturb the animals, most of the animals go into separate housing at night. The anti sea world crowd should stay in their blackfish issue they also don't know what the show will be or how it will affect the animals yet no one except Disney does.

I also want to add that the Comcast CEO has been noted for saying they will continue to invest strongly in their parks. If they continue at the rate they are Disney is going to have to do something no matter what. I am not a huge fan of universal but I think this competition will be good for Disney this will push them to continue to do more in their parks as well. As for Disney as a company they are obviously doing something right they aren't losing money anywhere they were named the top company of the year by Yahoo and they still reign supreme in the theme park world. Once universal passes or even gets close to the levels at a Disney theme park Disney will do something I strongly believe that.

Sorry if someone already talked about this but there is no way I see a new Soarin' film coming. I would argue Soarin' is still the most popular ride in WDW so why would they change something that is obviously not broke? And on another note, I don't see nothing opening as a problem. I like Disney as it is and while new rides are always great, but I am not going to not go back if there is nothing new. I think Disney has an appeal that no other theme parks come close to and that is why people go back, they don't go back for new rides every year.
According to what the mice chat article says which I don't all agree with that the new soarin film is still a go which I think it is something Disney has to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter