New attractions and rides 2014

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
Know there is Seven Dwarfs Mine Train coming out spring 2014 but what about other things?

I was last WDW in July 2013 so just trying to find a list or a place to look for things already running or planned?

Excited for the new roller coaster as I saw it being built last year.

Not really a ride but there will be the new daytime parade at Magic Kingdom : Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade!

FOLK is relocating about 1000 ft. Not sure if you are interested in the seeing the show, it should reopen in about 6 months.

Well I don't know what will be open but disney springs or DTD should look different and exciting in 2014

Well I don't know what will be open but disney springs or DTD should look different and exciting in 2014

I wouldn't expect anything next year. Though opening in phases, it isn't scheduled to be complete until 2016.

Not much money in the budget for new attractions as need those millions to sink into MBs and FP+

The real problem is 2015, which truly is slated to have nothing new open. Maybe they'll come up with a new film for Captain Eo or Soarin' by then, but I'm not expecting much.

I hope that they can fast track something to be built for 2016 though and not have to wait until 2017 for Pandora to be the next interesting ride.

I wouldn't expect anything next year. Though opening in phases, it isn't scheduled to be complete until 2016.

By the spring we should have a nice new parking garage to look at...:)

The Starbucks should be open one that took over wetzels pretzels and one that went into world of disney. The parking structures should be visible and a lot of the construction everywhere should be under way. Pleasure island especially should have some new things.

Confirmed
MAGIC KINGDOM:

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade

EPCOT:

Spice Road Table (Morocco)

ANIMAL KINGDOM:

Festival of the Lion King new theater

TO BE CONFIRMED

Nightime entertainment at Animal Kingdom (announced without info about opening timeline)

New shops or restaurants in current Downtown Disney location

This amazing list of "new" things has got me really stoked to pay 5%-10% each year for the same product...

Truly magic is at work

Have they started the construction of Avatar Land @ Animal Kingdom? Hope Avatar and Nightime entertainment can give strong boost to AK.

Have they started the construction of Avatar Land @ Animal Kingdom? Hope Avatar and Nightime entertainment can give strong boost to AK.

Perhaps a bit...

But they have still to move the lion king show out first...

Which will end up taking about six months total
If not more.

A "temporary" 1998 show using old parade floats from a "temporary" theater surrounded be "temporary character meet
And greets...
I guess the bathrooms might have been deliberate... Not sure about the ice cream and popcorn stands.

And then the avatarland is still several years away... As in "rollout" starting in 3...

Their construction is so painfully slow by industry standards...and more damning their own history... That one might think it's being done that way deliberately...
Kinda like biannual price increases...

There were rumors a few months back about JII (Figment) closing after the first of the year for a year-long refurb. Would say that is far from confirmed, though, and even then wouldn't be open in 2014.

Other than that, anything new for 2014 has already been touched upon. The fact is though - Disney doesn't put a lot new in year-over-year. Even so, how much of your vacation does that make-up.

We just finally got to see the FL expansion - one of the biggest changes ever at WDW without a new park opening - and even that probably took up 4-6 hours of our vacation time (I'm including dining at Be Our Guest, the Storybook Circus, Little Mermaid and Belle.) Versus the 10 days we spent at Disney World.

Does anyone know what's going to be done on the nemo subs ride? Its due for a long rehab and the last time they said that, it was closed and drained for a long period of time before they decided to revamp it into Nemo. Are we going to see that situation again or are they going to add to it for the Finding Dory movie? Or better yet, is it the beginning of the end for the subs and the removal for that space for a new tomorrow land ride? Just curious. And by the way, I'm not a huge fan of the nemo ride anyways. So kinda hoping it gets removed for something else. I know that statement will upset some people so I apologize in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter