New at this. How do I score tickets with Cinderella?

momto4cuties

Earning My Ears
I have a princess princess: who will be celebrating her 5th birthday in May while at WDW. I know I've read that you need to call 90 days out and I am VERY close to that date. When do I call? What is the best strategy???

TIA

:earsboy: WELCOME to the DIS momto4cuties !!! :earsboy:

I use to be an agent for Dreams Unlimited and made my share of Cindy's calls in the wee hours of the morning. :faint: This is the way I did it and thankfully I found it here ,so I don't have to type it all out!!! The best explanation I have found on how to do it and it comes from AllEars Net.
http://www.allearsnet.com/din/reserv.htm

Scroll down to the Best strategy for getting PS for Cinderella's Royal Table Character Breakfast

Set that alarm EARLY and GOOD LUCK!! :flower:

after 90 days in advance(exactly), it would be easier to score WITH cinderella than to score breakfast with her.

You MUST call exactly 90 days before the date you want to dine at the Castle for breakfast. And, you MUST start calling a couple of minutes before WDW Dining opens (7 AM, on all days including weekends and holidays. All times are US EASTERN).
There are two possible greetings:
a) Thank you for calling the Disney Reservation Center. Our office is closed... (hang up immediately as soon as you hear the words "Our office" and hit redial immediately).
OR
b) Thank you for calling the Disney reservation center (pause). You're in and on hold! Wait! Do NOT hang up or you will lose any chance of a ressie!
Please note that as of October 2003, there is now a series of questions being asked. There is no way around them so listen carefully and press the buttons in response to each question.
Upon speaking to a "live person", interrupt the lucky CM and blurt out "I need Cindy's, for June xx, for x people, any available time". The CRO rep will understand your temporary rudeness, and you'll make up for it later with endless amounts of gratitude... Don't try and pick a specific time. Any delays will seriously hinder your ability to get a PS.
Use the 407-WDW-DINE (939-3463) number to directly call WDW Dining so you don't get caught in a transfer cue from CRO. This can amount to up to a 12 second delay in getting to Dining.
You will also need a credit card and there is now a cancellation policy. For more information, click here: New Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast PS Policy

Source: http://www.allearsnet.com/din/reserv.htm

I actually called 91 days before and did a "practice run". I was sooooooo nervous about not getting the tickets for CRT, I wanted to make sure I had it down before the "real" day. I also had my computer screen set to the "official" time so I was ready to go at exactly the right time. It paid off, we got the 8:05 seating!

I called monday morning for our PS and this is what i did with the advice on the restaurant board.

I dialed at 6:59 on the dot,got the welcome message and as soon as she said "if you are calling for victoria & albert`s" I hit 1 then as soon as she started speaking again i hit 1 again . Then i heard it switch to the hold music but then it immediately switched to an operator,which was at 7:01. I blurted out "Cinderella`s Royal Table Breakfast for 8 on May 22 , the earliest you got please!" She said "ok.......... I have 8:20"

PrinceJohn said:
after 90 days in advance(exactly), it would be easier to score WITH cinderella than to score breakfast with her.

HAHAHAHAHA! :rotfl2:

So true though. I booked my upcoming trip about 30 days out. I've been calling 2 times a day looking for cancellations.

Anyone who will be canceling between 3/16 - 3/20 let me know. Thanks!

Be sure to begin trying for the first day of your vacation -- not just for one actual date that you think would be best to go. In other words, if you are planning a 7 day trip, and day 5 is *really* when it would be perfect to go, do not wait until 90 days before the perfect date. If you miss out on that date, you don't have too many more chances. Try starting your first available date. Then if you miss it, you have more days to still try. If you get the first day, you can still try for another day. Just be sure to cancel as soon as you get the second one and have worked out your schedule -- in order to not lose your deposit AND out of consideration of others who are trying to get a PS, too.

I coached a friend who is going in April. I gave her sooo many details and instructions and had her seriously revved up for the cause, and wouldn't you know she got it her first day! And again on another later date (the only other day she tried), she got another PS! Now she seriously thinks I was way over the top on my advice. She has no idea how hard this really is to do!!!

Good luck to you and enjoy!

Yesterday was 90 days out for me. I started calling at 6:58 got through when the lines opened. You had to answer a few questions, including entering your 10 digit phone number. Then I was on hold for about 3 or 4 minutes. I thought for sure I wasn't getting in - however when she answered I was able to get in at 9:40. Never thought I would get in on my 1st try. So it can be done - and best of luck.

It absolutely can be done on your first try....I have scored PS's both visits on my first day of trying.

you MUST

1) start calling using your redial before they open the lines--I start about 5 minutes before. I have heard they often open the lines a few minutes early.

2) Call a day or so before and get familiar with the phone queue thing--you can enter your answer while they are still asking the question--so do this.

3) Don't panic when someone says hello--say very quickly that you would like first available seating at Cinderella Breakfast and let them start typing.

Good luck--sending you some pixie dust!

PS--have your credit card in your hand! I don't think that making them wait while you get it would jeopardize your ressie, but why take changes. :wave2:

When i hit 1 then 1 again i didn`t have to answer any questions or put my phone number in. Wonder why some people are having to do that?

momto4obkids said:
When i hit 1 then 1 again i didn`t have to answer any questions or put my phone number in. Wonder why some people are having to do that?

Anyone?? I start trying Friday and I'd love a response to this. I got in second try in '03 with no problem, but I think they've changed the system a little since then.

I want to also second the reminder to try even on days you don't particularly care to get...we ended up having success on our "Epcot" day, so we ate at the castle and hopped on over just after opening...not bad at all and WORTH IT! :cool1:

You've gotten all the physical instructions, so I only have to add LOTS OF LUCK! :wizard: I tried calling for an entire week w/out any luck. Just wasn't in the cards for us. We ended up eating at the Princess Storybook Breakfast in Epot instead.

I scored with Cindy :goodvibes for April 11, 84 days out. They have extended breakfast so they are taking more reservations, thus more people are able to get reservations. I'm pretty sure you won't have any problems getting one of your days.

P.S. Don't tell the wife about scoring with Cindy, she won't be happy. :sad2:

Glad you got so much info...hope it helps!

In answer to your OTHER question:
It would help if you were a Prince Charming, and that you had access to a bunch of shoes and slippers in her size! :bitelip:
Colorado (Princess)Belle

PrinceJohn said:

:rotfl: Ok.. that just about had me in tears... Thats the funniest thing yet I've read on the boards...

And there is always that "humor in truth" thing.

When they start to say, "For Victoria and Albert's, press 2", immediately push 11. (That's 1 twice). You will bypass all the questions and having to put in your phone number. It greatly increases your chances of getting through before all the reservations are gone. I got through 90 days out on my first try. We'll be dining with Cinderella on April 7 at 8:45. Sometimes the message will start out something like, "Please understand we are experiencing high call volumes." If you hear the word "understand", go ahead and hit 11. You'll get through even faster. That's what worked for me. I was so excited I could hardly speak when the CM came on. They probably thought I was a total loonball! I'm surprised AllEars hasn't updated their tips with pushing 11 to bypass the menu, but maybe Disney wouldn't like that! I think the 2nd question they ask after Victoria and Albert's is if you've visited in the last year, push 1, otherwise push 2. It doesn't matter once you get through if you've visited in the last year or not, but pushing 1 keeps you from having to answer any other questions until you get a CM on the line!

I posted this last year but here's my story again. I called a couple of minutes before 7 and kept hitting redial until I was put on hold. I was on hold for 20 minutes. When the CM finaly answered they were booked! I was heart broken. I told DW about my adventure when I got home from work. Just for spite I tried again that afternoon and wouldn't you know I got an early ressie by way of a cancellation.

Follow up: The meal was the highlight of our trip. My 4yo D loved the princesses and my 7 yo S loved Mary Poppins. I'm not sure if it was the Disney magic or what but even the fruit tasted extra good in the castle. We left the castle and walked straight into philharmagic, no lines. We were able to ride 3-4 rides before the crowds caught up to us.

Moral: Don't give up!!!!!

momto4obkids said:

That option is technically not for making standard PS which is probably why it is much easier to get through when selecting these options. Those that do not know any better listen to the full messages and end up in the queue. If you ever call and listen the the full message 1 and 1 is for something like FL residents making reservation less than 7 days out (I don't have my cell phone handy to check). This option also does not prompt you for all the dopey questions. If you actually listen to the messages through to make a regular PS then you get the fun of pressing in all the answers on your phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter