New APs? Will this affect DVC passes?

pangyal

#TeamSven
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/10/walt-...nnual-passes-now-include-photopass-downloads/

Anyone heard more about this? I am worried that they will raise the prices again...do they historically raise more than once a year? I was going to hold off on buying my mom's AP until next weekend as she is non DVC, and buy ours at the same time...would you all suggest grabbing her pass now to make sure she's protected against another increase? We already bought memory maker for our December trip, so the photo pass thing wouldn't benefit us.

Do you guys think this will impact DVC pass pricing at all, should I grab ours too? No way will the prices go down, right...only up?

I wonder if it is only ride photos? I can't imagine unlimited photo pass downloads without a big price increase.

I can't think that they are going to add what is ultimately the value of the memory maker package without raising the price of the pass by at LEAST the cost of the memory maker package.

For a family of 4 we don't all need Photo pass. Maybe buy 2 tonight and 2 next week. That way if DH and I are together and the boys are together, we would be fine.

I just hedged my bets and bought them all now. Already had MM purchased and my mom would hit the roof if her AP (non DVC) went up again for the second time in a year.

Watch they do a crazy DVC pass promo starting in two hours at midnight, just watch.

I wonder if Disney will off a seasonal pass to everyone. This may be cheaper since we go during off season.
Me too. Disneyland has a seasonal pass available to all, I have bought that because I don't go during peak seasons and don't need parking. Plus the big $20 DVC discount ;-)

I love how they always do this on Saturday nights. I am going to take the chance that our price will stay the same. I am in the middle of budgeting for our January and March trips. I did not plan on buying this soon unless DVC did a deal. I just hope the increase is minimal. I already have a DVC AP but my DH does not. We did not plan on going in 2016 but my mom's mobility is going down fast so we are doing a big March family trip while she still can.

Let pray for a DVC deal tomorrow
Judy

I just bought. I needed to buy them in the next 9 days to make fastpasses. If they run a special then I will kick myself, if the Photopass is worth it, then I will upgrade one of them.

Ugh. Following. I was going to buy our annual pass in November for our January trip.

Hoping they do a seasonal pass instead that's cheaper than the current AP with dvc discount!!!

They just updated the DVC website with the new products and there is no longer a discount on the "gold" annual pass and it went up $10. Only a discount on Platinum. I hope the updates are not complete and it is missing the discount.

Say goodbye to another perk

From the DVC member site:

View All Benefits
Walt Disney World Annual Passes: Save on Select Pass Types
annual-pass-wdw-HERO.jpg

The fun just got better! As a Disney Vacation Club Member, you and and your immediate family (living in the same household) can save on select annual passes for Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.

Enjoy a year of magic as a Walt Disney World Passholder and get discounts on dining, merchandise, recreation and tours.

Walt Disney World
Pass Options
Guest Price Member Price Savings
Disney Gold Pass – New Purchase N/A $549 plus tax N/A
Disney Gold Pass – Renewal N/A $466 plus tax N/A
Disney Platinum Pass – New Purchase $749 plus tax $649 plus tax $100
Disney Platinum Pass – Renewal $635 plus tax $549 plus tax $86
Disney Platinum Plus Pass – New Pass $829 plus tax $729 plus tax $100
Disney Platinum Pass – Renewal $705 plus tax $619 plus tax $86
For details about other types of passes, please visit the Walt Disney World website.

dvc-ap-gold.jpg

Disney Gold Pass
This new annual pass type is exclusive to Florida Residents and Disney Vacation Club Members! It includes:

• Admission during most times of the year to all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks (during normal operating hours)
  • The ability to go from park to park on the same day
  • Theme park parking
  • Disney PhotoPass downloads*
  • Special offers for stays at Disney Resort hotels and discounts on dining, merchandise, recreation and tours
  • Blockout dates apply⁴

For more details about this and other types of passes, please visit the Walt Disney World website.

Show LessShow less about Disney Gold Pass
dvc-ap-platinum.jpg

Disney Platinum Pass
Find out what's included with this new type of annual pass.

• One year of admission to all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks (during normal operating hours)
  • The ability to go from park to park on the same day—with NO blockout dates
  • Theme park parking
  • Special offers for stays at Disney Resort hotels
  • Discounts on dining, merchandise, recreation and tours

For more details about this and other types of passes, please visit the Walt Disney World website.

Show LessShow less about Disney Platinum Pass
annual-pass-wdw-story-enjoy-365days.jpg

Disney Platinum Plus Pass
Find out what's included with this new type of annual pass.

• One year of admission to all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks (during normal operating hours)
  • The ability to go from park to park on the same day—with NO blockout dates
  • Theme park parking
  • Admission to 2 fantastic Disney water parks¹, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex² and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course³
  • Special offers for stays at Disney Resort hotels
  • Discounts on dining, merchandise, recreation and tours are also included

Show LessShow less about Disney Platinum Plus Pass
annual-pass-wdw-story-purchasepass.jpg

Purchase a Pass
There are 3 ways to purchase annual passes: online, by phone or in person at Walt Disney World Resort. Read MoreAbout Purchase a Pass
annual-pass-wdw-story-renew-pass.jpg

Renew Your Pass
To take advantage of renewal savings, be sure to renew prior to the expiration date—up to 60 days in advance. Read MoreAbout Renew Your Pass

All Passes: All passes exclude activities/events separately priced. Pass types, entitlements and prices subject to change without notice. Passes are nontransferable and nonrefundable.

* Disney PhotoPass® benefit for Disney Gold Pass, Disney Platinum Pass and Disney Platinum Plus Pass. Disney PhotoPass® photos and other digital content linked to the guest's Disney account and captured while the annual pass is valid for admission to a Disney Parks theme park. A Magic Band is required to receive certain attraction photos and other digital content. Photos and other digital content linked to a Disney account with a Disney PhotoPass® benefit for qualifying Passholders will expire 365 days from the date of capture. This Disney PhotoPass® benefit is subject to terms and restrictions and also to the Family & Friends terms and restrictions. Not responsible for missing, lost or damaged photos. Online registration required. Downloads are restricted to personal use by Passholder only. Subject to change without notice.
  1. Water Parks: Water Parks are subject to seasonal, capacity or weather closures. Each of our water parks is refurbished annually. These routine maintenance periods are staggered, so our Guests should be able to enjoy at least one water park experience year-round.
  2. ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex: Valid for admission only on event days; some events require an additional admission charge.
  3. Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course: Includes greens fee only; tee time reservations are required and are subject to availability.
  4. The following blockout dates apply to the Disney Gold Pass: December 17, 2015 – January 1, 2016 and March 19, 2016 – April 1, 2016, December 19 – 31, 2016. January 1 – 2, 2017.
You should not purchase a real estate interest in a Disney Vacation Club Resort in reliance upon the confirmed availability or renewal or extension of these offers. These offers may only be available to Members at various times and may or may not be renewed or extended past December 31, 2015. Please note any offer-specific expiration dates. All offers, including those through third-party providers, are subject to availability, change, or termination without notice and cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Members should contact Member Services for the most up-to-date information. To receive any of these offers or promotions, you must present your Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo I.D. Block-out dates apply for all offers, including, but not limited to Christmas and New Year's Day.

Purchase a Pass
Call Member Services at (800) 800-9800† or (407) 566-3800†.

For assistance, please call Member Services at (800) 800-9800.
† You must be 18 years of age or older to call.

What garbage, they were selling the same pass yesterday to FL residents for $350 minus the memory maker. If I wanted that I would buy it.

Another perk bites the dust

Wow, that's a HUMONGOUS increase on the seasonal, over 50%. But the increase on the premium is very marginal, $30-40. Interesting. Actually the price differences between the 3 aren't that much anymore.

I wonder if they will still sell the cheaper weekday select or not, and if so what the pricing is there.

I bet they will get rid of the payment plan. It worked for FL residents because they turned of the pass if you stopped paying. With DVC they may only use it for one trip and not pay again. The could link it to dues and add if you don't pay

Last edited:
I am so glad that I bought last night! Our next trip is from December 11-18. Two days in the blackout dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter