New AP discount questions

Carl

DIS Veteran
I saw in my latest Members book that we will be getting a discount on APs "up to $100" That is all it said, though. How does it work? I couldn't find anything on the dvcmembers site.

Let me try again. Can someone just tell me what the information is? I tried going to the member's site again and this time it wants all that information again about the numbers, etc. they mailed me. I filled that all in once and it said that I would not need it again so I threw away the cards with the info on it. I don't feel like calling member services and going through all that again. I haven't found anything on the site that warrants all the secrecy, so I probably will never visit it again.

So, is there a formula based on the number of points you own that gives you the discount or is it just a certain amount of discount on the passes?

Here you go:

Walt Disney World Annual Pass Discount
Disney Vacation Club Members and their immediate family (living in the same household) are eligible to receive discounts on new and renewed 2005 Walt Disney World® Annual and Premium Annual Passes beginning January 2, 2005.

Enjoy 365 days of magic. Passholders can come and go as they please through all four Theme Parks for an entire year.* Go from Theme Park to Theme Park on the same day, or choose to do even more with a Premium Annual Pass.

Every Walt Disney World Annual Pass provides:

Unlimited admission* for 365 days to the four Walt Disney World Theme Parks
The flexibility to go from Theme Park to Theme Park on the same day
A wide array of Passholder benefits, such as special Passholder events throughout the year
Theme Park parking is included

Every Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass provides everything a Walt Disney World Annual Pass provides, PLUS:
Unlimited access* for 365 days to Downtown Disney® Pleasure Island; Walt Disney World Water Parks: Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon; Disney's Wide World of Sports® Complex (days of operation depend on event schedule: some events require a separate admission charge); and DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park (excluding prize play games)

*Excludes separately priced activities and events.

Passes can be purchased online by visiting dvcmember.com or at any Guest Relations location at all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks and the Downtown Disney area beginning January 2, 2005. Your Disney Vacation Club Member ID card must be provided and all adults must present a valid driver's license or state identification card showing they reside in the same household. Limit 8 purchases per household.

When a Walt Disney World Annual or Premium Annual Pass is ordered through dvcmember.com, an exchange certificate will be sent to you via mail. The certificate can be redeemed at any Walt Disney World Theme Park ticket window by presenting the exchange certificate, your Disney Vacation Club Member ID card and all adults must present a valid driver's license or state identification card showing they reside in the same household. The Pass is good for 365 days from exchange certificate redemption. Renewals will be valid for 365 days from original Pass Anniversary Date.

When a Walt Disney World Annual or Premium Annual Pass is purchased through any Walt Disney World Theme Park or the Downtown Disney Guest Relations location, your Disney Vacation Club Member ID card must be provided and all adults must present a valid driver's license or state identification card showing they reside in the same household. The Pass is good for 365 days from the date of purchase. Renewals will be valid for 365 days from the original Pass Anniversary Date.
2005 Member Savings

Walt Disney World® Resort Ticket Product
Discount Off Retail Price Ages 10 + Ages 3 - 9

Annual Pass $100.00 $85.00
Florida Resident Annual Pass $20.00 $17.00
Annual Pass Renewal $75.00 $64.00
Premium Annual Pass $125.00 $106.00
Florida Resident Premium Annual Pass $25.00 $21.00
Premium Annual Pass Renewal $95.00 $80.00

FAQs
Who is eligible to receive the discount?
Disney Vacation Club Members receive a discount on the Pass for themselves and their immediate family residing in the same household only. At the time of purchase or redemption, your Disney Vacation Club Member ID card must be provided and all adults must present a valid driver's license or state identification card showing they reside in the same household.

Who is defined as "immediate family"?
"Immediate family" is defined by Walt Disney World Resort for discount purposes as noted below:
Spouse/Registered Domestic Partner
Parent/Step Parent
Mother-In-Law/Father-In-Law
Child/Step Child
Brother, Sister/Step Brother, Sister
Brother-In-Law/Sister-In-Law
Grandparent
Grandchild

Can I use my discount to buy a Pass for someone other than myself or immediate family residing in the same household?
No. This discount is exclusive for Members and may not be transferred. This perk may be revoked in the event of abuse.

What if I don't currently have access to dvcmember.com?
Beginning January 2, 2005, you can contact Member Services by calling (800) ******** to process the purchase for you or, you can visit a Guest Relations location at any Walt Disney World Theme Park or the Downtown Disney area to purchase a Pass.

What if I need to renew my Pass?
Beginning January 2, 2005, you can contact Member Services by calling (800) ******** to process the purchase for you; or you can visit Guest Relations at any Walt Disney World® Theme Park or Downtown Disney ® Area to purchase a Pass. To take advantage of renewal savings, purchases must be made on or prior to the original Pass Anniversary Date.

Do I receive an additional discount on my Pass renewal if I already have a Florida Resident Annual Pass or Florida Resident Premium Annual Pass?
No. The renewal rate for Florida residents is already a great value.

I just purchased or renewed my Walt Disney World Annual or Premium Annual Pass. Can I receive a discount or credit for that purchase?
The discount is effective only for purchases on or after January 2, 2005.

Is there an expiration date for taking advantage of this Member Perk?
All Member Perks are incidental and subject to change or termination at anytime (refer to your Member Benefits Guidebook). All offers are evaluated on an on-going basis.

Thanks for the information. This is a wonderful new perk. Not just a token amount either.

Check this out! We bought APs in September 2004, when we went back in Feb. 2005 we checked into upgrading them to Premium APs. After they prorated them and then subtracted the DVC discount they GAVE US BACk something like $16.00 each! They actually ended up paying us to upgrade. I am not sure how long they will allow this to happen, but it is cool that it did.

:cool1:

See you should have kept all that info.

I upgraded my passes last week, and it cost me $20 for each passport. I checked another CM and he wanted to charge me $65. Still a 3rd cast member wanted to deduct the days I have already used the pass, and THEN give me the remainder toward the premium passport. If you are upgrading, you may want to check around before you commit to a new passport. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter