New annual pass question - to use it

A thought. When you made your park reservations for your trip did you have the APs yet?

If you made them using a different ticket then that would cause you to need to go to GR.

That happened to me. I chose my renewal voucher and not my active pass and it forced me to go to GR.
That sounds like a possible scenario. When we upgraded multi-day park hoppers to new APs at the AP release in April, we cancelled all of our pre-booked park reservations and made new reservations using the AP holder link. We purchased the APs over the phone, and we were able to tap in at the Epcot IG without a visit to GR. Later, we picked up AP cards in Disney Springs, and all they did was scan our Magic Bands. They didn’t even ask to see our photo IDs, although we had them all ready.

How did you purchase them? Online or through a call to MS? Just curious since others have said they could go straight through. Maybe they have changed things back that verification has to happen onsite.
We purchased the passes online and had park reservations with those passes. I was told they needed to verify our DVC-Y. We own resale and direct points but maybe the resale flagged the need for a check. Our friends own direct points only and didn’t have to go to guest relations.

I’m ok with going as they issued cards and we still have non expiration tickets so for days we don’t have a reservation, scanning the card will ensure they don’t use our old ticket inventory.

We purchased the passes online and had park reservations with those passes. I was told they needed to verify our DVC-Y. We own resale and direct points but maybe the resale flagged the need for a check. Our friends own direct points only and didn’t have to go to guest relations.

I’m ok with going as they issued cards and we still have non expiration tickets so for days we don’t have a reservation, scanning the card will ensure they don’t use our old ticket inventory.
If you have any other tickets in your inventory, absolutely go to GR first to make sure the AP is prioritized. We had a really bad experience a few years back and ended up losing a number of the non-expiring days. It was the cast members fault (it was not prioritized correctly when the cast member activated our AP), but Disney could not restore the non-expiring days for us since it's not longer offered. Disney will still honor our old tickets, but we have to go through hoops with GR to 'activate' those old days when we want to use them. Protect those non-exp tickets, just to be sure!

At the tap in. I was sent to guest services to activate it. And I had recently talked to tickets about something else. And they too told me I was good to go. Boo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter